Honoku?

vish

Legendary Member
My friend told me that he found my novel in this "Honoku" site.
I didn't post there and when I checked, it really was there.
They have given the same title and put my name in there, and also every chapter redirects to scribblehub.
Soooo, what is that site, a piracy site?? something like novel updates? Is it partnered with scribble hub?

Link to my novel in honoku : https://honoku.com/novel/HOW-TO-KILL-A-GODDESS-OF-ANOTHER-‘EARTH’_61688

JayDirex

Yeah, those are like aggregate sites that collect links. they make their money on pass through ad clicks.

Linko

That's really weird. Just searched on that site and found a web novel I was writing a few months ago, though it only has the first 3 chapters...

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
It's not partnered with scribblehub.
It's not a pirate site.
It's just an indexing site, that holds no data, and only provides links to the data.

In a way, novelupdates is also the same thing. It links to translation chapters, but does not host any translation itself. It's not a copyright violation, unless you want to get sensitive over your synopsis being copied.

So Ai-chan's suggestion is, not to bother yourself with it. Your story is not being copied, it's just additional traffic to your story. This is fine, people will still read your story on scribblehub website. It's those that copy your entire chapter and rehost them on their site that you should take actions on.

Apparently, Ai-chan's stories are also indexed there. But it must have been manually chosen by hand, because Ai-chan's more active stories were not indexed.

Last edited: