How did your fantasy world abolish slavery ?

melchi

What is a custom title?
You are conflating slavery with indentured servitude. Two different things.
It is also important to consider are the sins of the father, the sins of the son? If your answer is yes, you are more likely to have slavery. If no, then you are likely to gave indentured servitude.

Remember, bankruptcy laws were written by the rich so they wouldn't wind up in debtor's prison. The moment bankruptcy became a thing, slavery was doomed.
Yeah, in olden tymes people became serfs by not being able to pay taxes to the land owners.

Fun fact: Serfs had to pay 1/3 of the lands value they worked for the lord in taxes, more than the average American pays in taxes today.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Just change the name to indentured servitude. Like how there are no zombies in my world because nobody there called those walking corpses zombies anymore.

Okay, this doesn't work for two reasons:

First, That's basically the same as me saying "I have no Bibles! Just a book talking about Judeo Christian Mythology!" or "That's not a Skeleton, thats a Bone Elemental!" Unless of course you actually bother to call back to the OG meaning of zombie, which has very little to do with things that rawr and say brains. Words are built to describe phenomena; those phenomena still exist even without words, which is why the frigging words were invented.

Second, indentured servitude is fundamentally distinct from slavery at a conceptual level, especially in the U.S. where people usually mean black slavery. Very different ball game, extremely different rules. Now, you could be spicy and say no they're really the same concept, but since indentured seevitude is really purchasing a service (the right to receive the protection of society's law, usually) with your time... hmm... what other structure is in place today, legally protected, considered good, and has you purchasing something else (money) with your time... (I did say it was the spicy take.)

M.G.Driver

There's so much fantasy story that show or tell that Slavery were abolished in their world, It doesn't even matter whether the people still think like medieval people.

But how did they manage such achievement in first place ? How do they historically explain it in your story lore ?

Would you share it to us, o Authors of Scribble Hub ?
my MC reimplemented slavery, so not applicable.

M.G.Driver

1682482734170.png

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I mean, depends on the country. Ocana, the country the main character is isekai'd to, doesn't have slavery and there are laws against it. However, Ocana is a Police State so the government is run by the law enforcement, so there being laws against slavery might as well not exist. Then there's the neighboring country, M'Conlen, where slavery is very much legal, though its sanctioned off to where only the 1% can actually afford any slaves.

As for if they'll ever overcome it, that depends on what I have in mind.

D

Deleted member 54065

There's so much fantasy story that show or tell that Slavery were abolished in their world, It doesn't even matter whether the people still think like medieval people.

But how did they manage such achievement in first place ? How do they historically explain it in your story lore ?

Would you share it to us, o Authors of Scribble Hub ?
They are in the process when the MC came in, but old habits die hard.

Any case, I'm in my 16th book. It died in the background.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Oh! I have one! In "An Automated Tale" the world operates on a bunch of "cycles" basically just ways various special events occur to change things or not. Depending on how they play out. The Great Cycle is one where every hundred years a Demon King arises from a person who is dissatisfied with the world somehow, with the often vague goal of changing the thing that caused them to become a DK. So when the strongest/most famous Demon King in history was a former slave, suddenly nobody wants to have slaves anymore for fear of having their kingdom shattered from within.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
all it took was a genocide of mass extinction. yep

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
If we imagined my world had slavery, we could believe that it would be abolished by mc (most likely)