How do authors earn?

Nab

Well i wanna post my story but first I want to know how do you earn on scribble hub?

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
As stated above, you can link your paypal, patreon and ko-fi to your account, and a fancy little "tip" button will appear under your profile pic. You are allowed to timegate your chapters to your patreon, to advertise, etc, but from the website itself you won't get a cent besides tipping. There are plans for writing competitions with cash price pools apparently, but I don't know if that's still in the cards?

Yorth

Swordman
As stated above, you can link your paypal, patreon and ko-fi to your account, and a fancy little "tip" button will appear under your profile pic. You are allowed to timegate your chapters to your patreon, to advertise, etc, but from the website itself you won't get a cent besides tipping. There are plans for writing competitions with cash price pools apparently, but I don't know if that's still in the cards?

It's just about finding sponsors. We can't really rely on Tony all the time for sponsoring competitions, soo yeah.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
It's just about finding sponsors. We can't really rely on Tony all the time for sponsoring competitions, soo yeah.
just try not to look like a money whore. when your readers crave for a lil' fan service give em some, but don't fucking bend over aight'? ive seen bend overs and god damn do they never come back

TLCsDestiny

I haven't a single cent for what I've done so this is a good question...Amd I already have paypal.

Owl

Nervous writer
As everyone suggested, you can try kofi and patreon. Just don't expect people to throw all their money at you, that probably wont happen :sweat_smile:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
:blob_hmm_two: My awkward-laugh emoji conflicts me saying that people likely won't throw all their money at you?
Even though you have so many readers :blob_blank:

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
I have earned an incredible five dollars from my writing. I have made thousands off of illustrations though... So yeah. Writing isn't very lucrative. I might print up a few copies of my books to bring to conventions in the future. Who knows, maybe someone will buy one out of pity?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I have earned an incredible five dollars from my writing. I have made thousands off of illustrations though... So yeah. Writing isn't very lucrative. I might print up a few copies of my books to bring to conventions in the future. Who knows, maybe someone will buy one out of pity?
Illustration is easy because it requires the least attention span. You can just... look at it.

Writing is hard to earn from bro. Guess you gotta NEET your way through life and put writing as a part-time thing if you ever want it to be an actual "career".

Nab

What type of illustrations?

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Earn money? I never link anything to my account here for money

My stories are free to read :blob_evil_two::blob_sir: