How do I make it into trending?

Jarron7

I have been into trending twice by now, but I still don't understand why.
Can someone explain in to me? Or is it completely random?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
:blob_hide: It isn't random. Some just play the card better than others and know how to force their luck if necessary.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
IMG_20201219_142441.jpg

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
There are many factors that play the role here. Some are obvious and visible and some are hidden and secret. The most visible ones? Have a huge spike in activity, views, comments and favs, higher than your previous days or releases. And have in mind that even that is put against other people's performance, so basically there will be days where even with great gains you won't get trending because many other ppl had them too.

But anyway, that's just the tip of the iceberg. The only thing you can do to "increase the chances" is just post a lot and gather attention.

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Post 5-7 Chapters when you first posted.
Post 1 or 2 chapter/day until 1 week.

Views mostly what brought you to trending.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I have been into trending twice by now, but I still don't understand why.
Can someone explain in to me? Or is it completely random?
Basically, if your story gets popular enough, it appears on trending, which then gives it more exposure, which allows it to get even more popular.

The exact criteria that make your story appear on trending are not available to the public, but it should be something to do with high view count in a short period of time or something like that.

Kaguro

Not trying to super analyze the system here but surges in views seems to be the key. There's a significant time-delay so it's probably using like a 30 day moving average or something like that.

Jemini

Not trying to super analyze the system here but surges in views seems to be the key. There's a significant time-delay so it's probably using like a 30 day moving average or something like that.

That's what I noticed too. I have made it to trending several times using the old trending formula, but since it has changed I only made it to trending once. That one time, it was the first chapter I posted after over a month's hiatus. It was definitely the spike in activity after an otherwise minimal view count month that did this.

Also, the results seem to be calculated according to your performance 2 days prior to the day you make it to trending.

YeetusFeetus

I only got into trending 2 - 3 times from what I remember, but I think it depends on the amount of chapters posted, from the latest one.

like, don’t upload for a week or two, and upload like 2 or 3 chapters.

(this is my speculation without reading any comments or facts, so you may just ignore it if you want.)

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Welp. It's begun again. Destroy them. Destroy them all. Leave no evidence of their existence. Not even a fleeting, vague memory.