Writing How do I write faster?

Paul_Michaels

Just a below average author.
It depends on the person.
But it's what @SailusGebel said.

1702176402346.png

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Currently I can roughly write only 500 words a day. How can I improve this?
Location is super important.
I can't write for shit on my bed. Like, genuinely, practically impossible to write a good flow.
However, the sofa chairs in the college campus library are PERFECT.
And the college lounge Starbuck chairs are... well. They are mid. Not amazing, but they work.
I would recommend trying out different chairs for different days. These are my personal views in parentheses)
1. Sofa chairs (perfection)
2. couches (perfection)
3. banquette (nothing to lean on, but you are forced to good posture unless you want to look like a rat to everyone)
4. beds (for sleeping and the framework hurts the back or tailbone)
5. floors (hurts my chest)
6. beanbags (awkward for placement of hands)
7. school desks (varies massively)
8. outdoor chairs fused to tables (these suck so bad!)
9. cheap grocery store leather seating with tables
10. high chairs (kind of uncomfortable over long periods of time, but useful for fidgeting. Can prop feet on stabilizing bars, though some have them just out of reach. Those are terrible)
11. spinny office chairs (even high-tech or expensive can not work, but they used to work well for me. Not sure why I changed)

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
Stay consistent. Tbh, 500 words a day is fine and much more than most do. As long as those 500 words are quality with all your heart and soul poured into them, your readers will enjoy every word.

Good luck! Have fun, and enjoy the story you want to tell!

FleecedSheep

To write faster, I'd suggest a typing program like 'Typing of The Dead' you can find it on steam.

To write more, like chapter length, it is something you need to build up to as others have mentioned. It also depends on how much time you have to devote to writing, and what you feel you can handle. If you can properly get your point across or make engaging chapters in 500 words, that's fine, as stated earlier by someone else. If you feel like you want more words in a chapter work up to it. If you read cultivation novels, think of writing as cultivating. Something you need to grind up. What is important is knowing your limits.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Here's the trick, little eggy, not everyone is the same, bitter answer, you have to figure that one out for yourself. The best way I found is to get into the zone, whatever that means for you. A flash of inspiration, a burning desire to NOT be bored, or just to scratch an itch. I can write 5k a day, and then not touch the keyboard for a week. As most here have already suggested, keep writing, and experimenting with how, and the environment in which you write, to figure out what is best for you.

Get in the zone, and get properly comfortable in it, and you will be writing like there is a paper due tomorrow at 9AM

Last edited:

Seren

Please find below a concise list linking words to corresponding actions. It is important that you prioritize your well-being by getting sufficient rest and consuming nourishing food and beverages. Including sweet treats in moderation can be beneficial. Remember to take regular breaks and maintain a positive mindset.

1. Words - Actions:
a. Link - Connects two or more ideas or concepts.
b. Events - Occurrences or happenings that take place.
c. Boost - Enhances or increases energy or productivity.
d. Sweet foods - Consume these in moderation to provide a pleasurable and indulgent experience.
e. Drinks - Stay hydrated with refreshing beverages.
f. Rest - Ensure you get enough sleep and relaxation to rejuvenate your body and mind.
g. Take a break - Pause and step away from tasks to recharge and prevent burnout.
h. Stay positive - Maintain an optimistic outlook to overcome challenges and maintain motivation.

sweeteggroll

Keep writing, or cheat like I do. (Actually even my cheating makes me organically faster too, but probably not as much as writing on your own like a proper human.)
How the hell do you cheat writing?
Location is super important.
I can't write for shit on my bed. Like, genuinely, practically impossible to write a good flow.
However, the sofa chairs in the college campus library are PERFECT.
And the college lounge Starbuck chairs are... well. They are mid. Not amazing, but they work.
I would recommend trying out different chairs for different days. These are my personal views in parentheses)
1. Sofa chairs (perfection)
2. couches (perfection)
3. banquette (nothing to lean on, but you are forced to good posture unless you want to look like a rat to everyone)
4. beds (for sleeping and the framework hurts the back or tailbone)
5. floors (hurts my chest)
6. beanbags (awkward for placement of hands)
7. school desks (varies massively)
8. outdoor chairs fused to tables (these suck so bad!)
9. cheap grocery store leather seating with tables
10. high chairs (kind of uncomfortable over long periods of time, but useful for fidgeting. Can prop feet on stabilizing bars, though some have them just out of reach. Those are terrible)
11. spinny office chairs (even high-tech or expensive can not work, but they used to work well for me. Not sure why I changed)
Thanks, never thought of that
Stay consistent. Tbh, 500 words a day is fine and much more than most do. As long as those 500 words are quality with all your heart and soul poured into them, your readers will enjoy every word.

Good luck! Have fun, and enjoy the story you want to tell!
Thank u
Here's the trick, little eggy, not everyone is the same, bitter answer, you have to figure that one out for yourself. The best way I found is to get into the zone, whatever that means for you. A flash of inspiration, a burning desire to NOT be bored, or just to scratch an itch. I can write 5k a day, and then not touch the keyboard for a week. As most here have already suggested, keep writing, and experimenting with how, and the environment in which you write, to figure out what is best for you.

Get in the zone, and get properly comfortable in it, and you will be writing like there is a paper due tomorrow at 9AM
Thank u
To write faster, I'd suggest a typing program like 'Typing of The Dead' you can find it on steam.

To write more, like chapter length, it is something you need to build up to as others have mentioned. It also depends on how much time you have to devote to writing, and what you feel you can handle. If you can properly get your point across or make engaging chapters in 500 words, that's fine, as stated earlier by someone else. If you feel like you want more words in a chapter work up to it. If you read cultivation novels, think of writing as cultivating. Something you need to grind up. What is important is knowing your limits.
Thanks for recommendation
Please find below a concise list linking words to corresponding actions. It is important that you prioritize your well-being by getting sufficient rest and consuming nourishing food and beverages. Including sweet treats in moderation can be beneficial. Remember to take regular breaks and maintain a positive mindset.

1. Words - Actions:
a. Link - Connects two or more ideas or concepts.
b. Events - Occurrences or happenings that take place.
c. Boost - Enhances or increases energy or productivity.
d. Sweet foods - Consume these in moderation to provide a pleasurable and indulgent experience.
e. Drinks - Stay hydrated with refreshing beverages.
f. Rest - Ensure you get enough sleep and relaxation to rejuvenate your body and mind.
g. Take a break - Pause and step away from tasks to recharge and prevent burnout.
h. Stay positive - Maintain an optimistic outlook to overcome challenges and maintain motivation.
Thank you for the list

Underload

Here are your pointers-

1st: write. Write without checking for mistakes. Keep writing until you have finished what you wanted to say. Finish the chapter. Remember, don't touch anything that's written down. We'll do that later.

2nd: now you clean the mistakes. If you are writing on Ms word then make sure there isn't a single speck of red or yellow in the entire document.

3rd: now we edit. Look for redundant and purple writing. Clean that shit so it doesn't stink.

4th: we proof read. Make sure you scrub out everything you can and leave no chance for the grammer detectives to point out any clues to your mischiefs.

5th: you slap yourself to push down that feeling of contentment. It's just one chapter. Your job isn't over yet.