How do you create your book covers?

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Borrow some insane person's AI prompts, tweak it to my liking, and boom. Done.

Jokes aside, I am waiting for my friend to be done with his commissions so he can draw for me. I put myself at low piority.

Jun_Sakazuki

Yodayo and pixellab

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Yodayo and pixellab
Actually, this one brings up an important point. The more likable I want the character to be that's on the cover, the bigger the eyes. Small eyes are for people to hate. Big eyes which are narrow slits are for Anti-heroes/Anti-villains. So By this cover, the girl is someone to like, but I'm guessing FL, but not MC. So the ML has big eyes that are narrow slits to say, "I am likable. If the right woman were to come along and soothe my dark and brooding heart, I'd open my eyes and look cute, but only for you, Babe."

That's important when creating your book cover.

Although... just a side note, you can tell this is a super serious story because she's flat-chested.

CrystalSeaDragon44

I actually intend to draw mine out myself at some point. I even have the drawing tablet for my computer for the job (and my profile pic is my first hand-drawn character produced by this, the MC in one of my stories). But, between messy life stuff and a certain big game that came out in May, I haven't had a lot of time to practice...

Oh, and I currently use basic Paint. (Or rather, Paint.) I intend to find something else after I get some more practice in. I aspire to do webcomics at some point, but I will stay with writing stories too. Got to pick the medium best for the story, after all!

Bobple

I made my first one with digital software, which is why it is it shit.
Recently I made a another cover for a new story with a combination of digital software and Ai.
I do want to commission a cover one day, but that will be when I have money, and I know what I want made.
Microsoft Powerpoint.
I... want to say I'm surprised? But for some reason I'm not surprised at all...
Good job.

RinDes

Always, with my own original work (I have a strong aversion to using AI, for me personally, as my partial job revolves around art commissions and video game development, which requires skills, creativity and a real human touch).

Sometimes, I'll create a cover using a variety of pictures hubby and I have taken over the years, with heavy work done through Photoshop.
Other times, I'll go with traditional art, and hand sketch or ink an original cover, with a bit a Photoshop magic for the title, text and coloring.
And most of the time, I'll take a digital approach, and design characters and background for my covers, and create a fitting title art for it.

Succubiome

Currently:
One Picrew that was freely usable
3 AI-- one really good one by Corty, two self-generated ones
One picture which was freely usable

...come to think of it, I think I need to change at least the picture one, it doesn't really represent how silly the series has ended up becoming.

J_Chemist

I ask someone who's actually capable of drawing circles and throw money at them.

Tenebram

I paint it myself with water colours!
(and it looks just as bad as you would expect it to lmao, I'm really not good at using colours, idk why I do this to myself everytime lol)

bulmabriefs144

I use pre-AI generation (that is, I use a search engine). Then I use GIMP to fit everything to the dimensions I need (I also publish Amazon KDP), and the text fonts I want.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I generate an image with Ai, and then I use Canva to edit them. I have also commissioned artists before to make them.
How do you generate a picture with AI? I've tried once, but nothing came out of it.

And well, I use Adobe Stock to find a picture related enough to use, then use Photoshop and make it a cover.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
How do you generate a picture with AI? I've tried once, but nothing came out of it.

And well, I use Adobe Stock to find a picture related enough to use, then use Photoshop and make it a cover.
If you go to the site I posted, go into the text-to-image section. You can use different styles, and then type out a prompt such as: Woman, Black Hair, Crimson Eyes, etc. Prompts should be separated by commas. The more specific the prompt the better the results you can get.