How do you not completely get your ass kicked?

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I support violence, especially when it is justified

Daitengu

People say go for weak spots. That only works if you can think. Which can be very hard if you aren't used to getting beat.

Better advice is to get a punching bag, or pad a tree so you can punch and kick it. Ya gotta throw thousands of attacks to where you no longer need to think to get them out.

Defense courses are fine and all, but people freeze if they aren't used to attacking and getting attacked. And no two day course will get that out of you. That's where boxing clubs or martial arts classes gets you fight experience in relative safety.

Woolen_Bat_Monkey

Adopted son of Envy/Current owner of LuoirM nose
Depending on your country/laws/etc, you have a vast arsenal of options, some more effective than others.

The 30cm wooden ruler, an exquisite weapon for the job. Several slaps will leave a lasting mark on your foe.
View attachment 20267

Or may I interest you in the upgraded variant?
View attachment 20268
Banned in several conventions, the metal 30cm ruler may offer you the edge to stop the confrontation before it begins. But should it already commence, then know that the steel-graded linear tool (mind you which can fit in conventional pencil cases) will assure your victory.

But perhaps you require backup?
View attachment 20270
The artillery of the educational world. In the classroom setting you have unlimited at your disposal. Hurl them at will.
Ah, yes the whole school defense kit. Can be found at any local store.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I had a dream where I got into a fight with this one douche from school and I got my ass beat in it. To be specific he started biting my hand and I tried to awkwardly get him off it without really doing much of anything. Is there anything I could do so that if I do get my shit kicked irl it isn’t completely one-sided?
Your dream fights are pretty normal. Feels weird to see normal ones. I want to share some of my dream fights with you!
One of them, we (being me and a friend of mine who I had been betrayed) were aiming to kill each other. They were attempting to strangle me, while I tried pulling their hands off. It didn't work and I was starting to black out, so I switched tactics and dug my fingers into their eye, before kneeing them in the balls. Afterwards, I grabbed their neck and slammed their bleeding face into a metal plumbing pipe running through the building we were in until their face turned to fleshy mush.
Another was where I got bit by a shark while at a coral reef and I can't remember whether I bled out or made it to shore. Either way it was hard to actually do stuff because my body had fallen asleep IRL.
And can't forget my personal favorite where I was trying to save the last emu egg and gunned down my machine guns, somehow impossibly alive as I stumbled along, before crawling along the ground. I managed to keep the egg safe to my dying breath!
There are a few other ones, but they involve either a variety of powers (like I was a lizard-themed gal or a demon facing prejudice; another was Magic of Friendship but Japanese ink-painting style saga, etc. etc.) Though there are some gems in there, the first three are the ones I remember the most.

EternalEscape

I yearn the day I stop rotting.
It is important to remember that in a street fist fight, the two of you will not want to kill each other. You will see an opportunity to just slam your hands into their eye sockets, an opportunity to stomp on their neck; yet you hesitated because you thought "What if I kill him? I don't want that on my mind." and the opponent shall have the same thought. Everyone have these thoughts and they will pull back their punches or stop midway.

Just remember that the human body is more resiliant than you think, and you will win.

Have murderous thoughts, my friend.

The Eternal Escape For One's Soul.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
1º remember to always be aware of your surroundings, if u can escape u should escape
2º always raise your both your hands like u are tring to calm the person down, if someone happen to be around they will see u trying to avoid the fight, and if the person try to sucker punch u u can use your raised hands to protect your face
3º protect your head, a good hit in can easily put u down and can even kill u if u are unlucky
4º after all that if u know nothing about fighting try to get a good posture there a plenty of videos on how to do that just watch one of them, so that u wont fall flat if u are pushed back
5º if u dont know how to punch or kick just try to push away your enemy so that u can find a way to escape, and if he fall u can either escape or just kick him

observation try to always be aware of your surroudings how many people are hostile to you possible escape routes. escaping is always the best since u never know if someone has a knife and awareness is vital since u never know when u gonna get sucker punched by some asshole friend that was behind you

CRimson5

Just don't throw a punch with your right hand, it's first most thing people do in a fight, and most of the time other people expect it. (if they experience in normal fights,)

And it also works vice versa, always expect a punch from the right hand.

I usually recommend an attack first, a well-heel kick to the stomach can do a miracle. if you can do that perfectly, you can either take him out of the fight entirely or have him fight you on aching pain in the stomach. (it should be out of nowhere)

If you ever get him on the floor, one of the rookie's mistake people do is to kneel down, climb over them, to land a few punches. No need, the best thing to do is to walk over them quickly and stomp on his head

BlackKnightX

Learn some self-defense. If you're serious, try mixed martial arts and Krav Maga. If possible, though, try not to get into a fight. Not worth it. Even if you kick ass, still not worth it. End it with no physical altercation, if possible.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Depending on your country/laws/etc, you have a vast arsenal of options, some more effective than others.

The 30cm wooden ruler, an exquisite weapon for the job. Several slaps will leave a lasting mark on your foe.
View attachment 20267

View attachment 20268
Banned in several conventions, the metal 30cm ruler may offer you the edge to stop the confrontation before it begins. But should it already commence, then know that the steel-graded linear tool (mind you which can fit in conventional pencil cases) will assure your victory.

View attachment 20270
The artillery of the educational world. In the classroom setting you have unlimited at your disposal. Hurl them at will.
Wait, I thought you are supposed to be a healer, not a harmacist.

melchi

What is a custom title?

View attachment 20267

View attachment 20268

View attachment 20270
Senjoahara would approve.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
I had a dream where I got into a fight with this one douche from school and I got my ass beat in it. To be specific he started biting my hand and I tried to awkwardly get him off it without really doing much of anything. Is there anything I could do so that if I do get my shit kicked irl it isn’t completely one-sided?
Create a fight club in your schools basement.

J_Chemist

Been in several fights both street and for work.
  1. There are no rules in a scrap.
  2. Tools are force multipliers, but only penetrate skin if your life is in danger (as in, no knives or guns or broken glass)
  3. Practice making a fist and actually throwing a punch. Most people don't even know how to do that properly.
  4. Going to the gym, doing any form of basic cardio 3-5 times a week, and doing baseline exercise in general will put you above majority of potential "threats". Unless the dude works out consistently.
  5. Don't be a bitch. The instant you flinch, stumble, or show weakness, it's gonna be a long day.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
I'm fat as fuck but don't seem like fat but rather big no one want to deal with me

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
I know how to fight. I've never started a fight, I couldn't win. There isn't a creature called a fair fight.

DavidTFayl

I think you people don't appreciate enough the fact the bully behaved like a dog, I was once bitten by one of those "Lockjaw" breeds. They are like ticks to remove them. It suggests some psychological damage already occurred. Not everyone is a fighter. But a retractable baton is a reasonable response. It doesn't have to be a steal, they are making decent stuff from various nonmetal materials. If you are short on money and not afraid to bring it close up, a good old knuckle duster would always work and it's easy enough to make one.

Also, it's coming, Summer. Time of solo T-shirts, a few good swipes across his abdomen, and walk away. Not many people are willing to fight with their intestines in their hands, also for an extra statement one more wipe across the face. Try to get a nose and lips. The downside of these is that all require you to be within arm's length and all but Baton to face him. To step it up a notch take a batons big brother baseball bat. Take your time until you're sure you can strike from behind and let it go head, joints, and spine. Don't stop until you are well and properly tired. Once you catch a breath check does he have any fight left in him, repeat as needed, and how many times are needed for him to get the point.

These are budget solutions if you don't have cash for some of the stuff above all these will cost you like 30$ total. It will cause Ruckus though so prepare for that. All of this is theoretical of course.

sage61

In a school setting, get a friend to take video of that guy attacking you, then report to the disciplinary teacher to get that guy busted to detention. Do that a multiple times, and no one will mess with you.