How do you promote your story? Just curious

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
O

Or trick them with red herring to counter the spoiler right. Like, imagine if i write the love interest to be this female knight from nobility just to reveal later that the one who protagonist love is her personal maid.

Heh, that would be funny...

But yeah i get what you're trying to says. Thanks

Nah, no need to make it have unnecessary meaning more that it's purpose.

"It meant exactly what it is."

I learned that from one page book.

If you could call that a book.
Screenshot 2021-04-07 221948.png

Okay, boy - have a safe flight. I dunno what 'unnecessary meaning' to you, but I don't relay irrelevant dull bs.

Ace_Raven

View attachment 7263
Okay, boy - have a safe flight.
Yeah of course sir, sir yes sir.

I'll write the title as interested if i want it to mean that way.

I'll explain it a bit, *ehem*

For me It's the difference between "i want to know more! (I'm interested)" And "just asking (just curious)."

But,

Let's stop it here, before this become 1kg of steel is heavier than 1kg of feathers argument.

Let's be mature about it. And pretend that we never had this argument.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Yeah of course sir, sir yes sir.

I'll write the title as interested if i want it to mean that way.

I'll explain it a bit, *ehem*

For me It's the difference between "i want to know more! (I'm interested)" And "just asking (just curious)."

But,

Let's stop it here, before this become 1kg of steel is heavier than 1kg of feathers argument.

Let's be mature about it. And pretend that we never had this argument.
Right, I personally ended it by explaining the similarity of interest and curiosity but someone's ego doesn't want to admit that fact. Indeed, pretending we never had an argument is the right answer in running away in basically what you started. Now then, don't respond anymore.

Ace_Raven

Well
Imagine promoting ur story.
Well, do you know bakuman? There was this one scene where they give tips on how to succeed for not genius creator. And that tips is

1) conceit (in sense of never be shame of your work)
2) hardwork (make your work wholeheartedly and to the fullest)
3) luck. (But in the end it's all luck. So always prepare for the worse.)

Promotion is not word that i used often.
I usually use marketing, because there is market and there is specific target audience in that market.

This is also what i meant by building community. To build market that could independently stand on it's own.

Fancy word to describe it was probably, Finding nisce (i forgot how to spell it, but i trust your ability.)

So yaeh right now, i was actually doing research of potential market to find best way to shape it.

Wish me luck tho.
Right, I personally ended it by explaining the similarity of interest and curiosity but someone's ego doesn't want to admit that fact. Indeed, pretending we never had an argument is the right answer in running away in basically what you started. Now then, don't respond anymore.
Someone's ego huh...

I hope it is truly like what you were saying.

Do me a favor and answer this for me you are a protagonist right,

How often you think about your action?
Because this whole time, i was trying to figuring out what your way of thinking before writing all those replies.

And i think i got the gist of it.

From how's your view about yourself from your user name, your timezones location's by you command me to go to sleep, and your superiority complex from the way of your first reply.

Well just wanted you to know.

Be careful. you are hurting people without you realizing it.

This is the favor that i wanted you to do,

Interact with your mother (or mother figure) and say thank you.

Never said it was from me.

Help me with that okay. If you could hug her please also hug her. Feel her heartbeat and let her feel your heartbeat.

Thank you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Or trick them with red herring to counter the spoiler right. Like, imagine if i write the love interest to be this female knight from nobility just to reveal later that the one who protagonist love is her personal maid.
Is that what mean bait and switch in a novel means? Wait well technically it could also be not a bait and switch if it was just a twist instead of actually turning story a complete 180° from what it initially starts out as.
It's never about the view. I just want to interact more with my reader or make my reader interact with each other.

That way i will know if at least someone is interested and waiting for my story.

Tldr, i want to build a community but firs i need people.

Yeah I also consider tags, synopsis, or description. But i want to keep as little spoilers as possible. I want my reader to discover about the world as the story move along. (Like how my grandparents tell me a story.)

I like to keep the sense of wonder in my story.

So yeah probably i need to consider time and consistency if i want people to eventually read my story.
People find your story not just by genre and synopsis but the actual tags your story has. To build a community you need readers and to pull in readers...

Tags help cause I think a lot of people just want to search for that type of story. On here, at least it feels like they're not reading because its mysterious and it hooks them in as much as they're reading it because they know what type of story it is and they want to read that story.

I would say don't overdo it on the tags that they spoil the story and the exact main idea of what and how its gonna be, but just enough for people to see its a certain type of story and get hooked in from there.
Promotion is not word that i used often.
I usually use marketing, because there is market and there is specific target audience in that market.

This is also what i meant by building community. To build market that could independently stand on it's own.

Fancy word to describe it was probably, Finding niche?*

Wish me luck tho.
Well while promotion and market are a but different, they have enough similarities that the common goal is to promote your product/service (in this case, your story is the prpduct) out there. So to get the story out there, you don't want to be too mysterious that you leave no crumbs for your readers to pick up on, but just enough to hook readers in.

Ace_Raven

Is that what mean bait and switch in a novel means? Wait well technically it could also be not a bait and switch if it was just a twist instead of actually turning story a complete 180° from what it initially starts out as.

People find your story not just by genre and synopsis but the actual tags your story has. To build a community you need readers and to pull in readers...

Tags help cause I think a lot of people just want to search for that type of story. On here, at least it feels like they're not reading because its mysterious and it hooks them in as much as they're reading it because they know what type of story it is and they want to read that story.

I would say don't overdo it on the tags that they spoil the story and the exact main idea of what and how its gonna be, but just enough for people to see its a certain type of story and get hooked in from there.

Well while promotion and market are a but different, they have enough similarities that the common goal is to promote your product/service (in this case, your story is the prpduct) out there. So to get the story out there, you don't want to be too mysterious that you leave no crumbs for your readers to pick up on, but just enough to hook readers in.
Yeah i get what are you trying to say.

You know what? i like you so i will tell you about one of my finding that you could use for your benefits.

There is also one point about scribble that i really like, in scribble you could be a complete newbie but your release for limited amount of time will "always be on the front page."

This was a great help and also boost in viewership.

So if you could do a strategic release that will be the difference between shinning gems and dirty diamond.

Like you know, how there will always be this avarage isekai that got anime adaptation.

Right place right time. And luck.

But what is luck if not just probability.

Increase your release, and that should increase the probability.

They didn't care about word count as long as the story conclude in a chapter (not end on mid conversation.) They will gladly accept multiple release a day. And that way you will increase your probably of becoming popular by staying longer on the front page.

Reisinling

Cover, synopsys, and tags.
I made a post a month or so ago about a story that then had like 1000 words, new author.. and yet managed to get 300 readers in a day. I fumbled a bit with that, but still managed to get ~30 readers I think? thanks to appropriate tags and ok synopsys.

After that, consistency- you want to be in new releases box as much as you can, while having a cover that makes people curious enough to click on it. But also timing is important- best time for new chapters is a balance of online readers vs competition, this one is constantly changing, so no advice here.

D

Deleted member 45782

You know what? i like you so i will tell you about one of my finding that you could use for your benefits.
Alright. What new discovery have you got that I've not heard a dozen times already? 😅
There is also one point about scribble that i really like, in scribble you could be a complete newbie but your release for limited amount of time will "always be on the front page."

This was a great help and also boost in viewership.

Increase your release, and that should increase the probability.
Thanks, but I already knew your finding long ago now. Its nothing new. Its called Latest Updates... 😅

And ofc, readers will prefer read books with more chapters released and the more you realize, the more you will show up on latest updates on the front page.

D

Deleted member 53101

This ...,
2) The early adopter effect. People who jumped to SH when it first launched got a good amount of exposure when it was easier to do so. Anything they write after becomes easier to gain readers as they can promote it in their earlier stories. Thanks to that they were able to accumulate a large amount of views which put them in top charts on the site essentially making any of their works easier to find.
... is impossible.

In my opinion, to gain more attention on this site. Then what you have to do is that you just need to write and post this one but powerful genre ... smut. You don't even have to promote your work if you chose that theme, the readers will come and read the story by themselves.

It may just work for me, and that's how I see it on this platform. And it's more often than not that the stories with the genre I mentioned above dominating the trending section. Although ..., recently, it's become more balanced and there are a lot of good stories without that genre in the trending.

Agentt

Thighs
What I did was to make friends here and blackmail them into reading your work.

Napelynn

They are so secretive that you yourself don't know them. And you shouldn't. You aren't prepared to handle the truth.
I am prepared. I’ve been prepared ever since I was born. Just tell me Agentt, even if I die, get seriously injured, or am subject to infinitely stepping on legos, I won’t blame you.

Agentt

Thighs
I am prepared. I’ve been prepared ever since I was born. Just tell me Agentt, even if I die, get seriously injured, or am subject to infinitely stepping on legos, I won’t blame you.
I suppose I'll test you by giving you an easy one first.
The name of your biological father is
Rick Ashley

Napelynn

I suppose I'll test you by giving you an easy one first.
The name of your biological father is
Rick Ashley
I think you gave the wrong name... click the link in my signature and check the channel name to make sure you spelled it right.

Speaking of signatures, one of the most common ways to advertise your story is to post a link to your story in your signature, like me.

Agentt

Thighs
I think you gave the wrong name... click the link in my signature and check the channel name to make sure you spelled it right.

Speaking of signatures, one of the most common ways to advertise your story is to post a link to your story in your signature, like me.
In 1768, he married Belladona Astley and changed his surname. His real name is Rick Ashley
Also, your profile page says you aren't an author.

Napelynn

In 1768, he married Belladona Astley and changed his surname. His real name is Rick Ashley
Also, your profile page says you aren't an author.
Even if his name was originally Rick Ashley it's Rick Astley now... Also, you're supposed to click the link, not go to my profile. I should start writing something so my signature is more believable...