How do you think about this character?

Agentt

Thighs
So, this character randomly popped into my mind.

Soooo, the world is basically that most people have superpowers, all inherited, new powers are extremely rare.

And, this character has power called
Last Man Standing
Which activates on death's door scenarios and shall kill everyone who ever hurt that person with evil intent.

So, how would his peers, or just general public like classmates treat him?

Anime says that they would ignore him, and talk behind his back,
But, but but but,
This isn't the first time! This power is possessed by all members of his family! Surely, they wouldn't completely alienate him.

Would they be scared of him?
Like, if he crashes into someone, would the other person start begging "please don't kill me, I don't wanna die!"?
Yet again, I can't imagine this.
Same reason, powers are well known.
Besides, others have powers like fire, water, earth, Strength, regeneration, etc, while this dude just has one which will activate on his death. He is weak! Totally weak!
Even his family is weak! It's not like they will do well in war or anything,
Imagine sending them to war, and they are crushed by a giant, and that giant dies. They are literally just grenades, so I doubt the family would be well respected one,

At the same time, you can't turn them into slaves, since you will die if you hurt them with bad intentions. Yeah, some mind control stuff might be used, but let us assume they don't exist.

Napelynn

Soooo, the world is basically that most people have superpowers, all inherited, new powers are extremely rare.

Last Man Standing
Which activates on death's door scenarios and shall kill everyone who ever hurt that person with evil intent.

But, but but but,
This isn't the first time! This power is possessed by all members of his family! Surely, they wouldn't completely alienate him.

Like, if he crashes into someone, would the other person start begging "please don't kill me, I don't wanna die!"?
Besides, others have powers like fire, water, earth, Strength, regeneration, etc, while this dude just has one which will activate on his death. He is weak! Totally weak!
Imagine sending them to war, and they are crushed by a giant, and that giant dies. They are literally just grenades, so I doubt the family would be well respected one,

At the same time, you can't turn them into slaves, since you will die if you hurt them with bad intentions. Yeah, some mind control stuff might be used, but let us assume they don't exist.
That ability seems strong. All he has to do is get people to attack him, almost kill himself, and then have someone heal him.

SailusGebel

Last Man Standing

But, but but but,

Without a proper definition, I can't tell anything. What is the 'death's door' scenario? I mean, if a person stops the dagger near the eye of the mc, will he die? The mc doesn't know if the dagger will be stopped, or not. Also, how they will treat them, well, just like everyone treats his family duh. It's not like he is the first one, so the fear would be much less.

Agentt

Thighs
Without a proper definition, I can't tell anything. What is the 'death's door' scenario? I mean, if a person stops the dagger near the eye of the mc, will he die? The mc doesn't know if the dagger will be stopped, or not. Also, how they will treat them, well, just like everyone treats his family duh. It's not like he is the first one, so the fear would be much less.
No, death's door doesn't mean near death. You have to have your hp down to 1
And not just family, what about other people? Like classmates? Or just people?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Last Man Standing

But, but but but,

bro depending on the exact power, or tweaking it a bit, that dude would be great at ar. He wouldn't be a hero, he would be a SOLDIER. Like come on. He may even be the strongest, him and his family.

The key here is intent. No one has to fear him unless they INTEND TO HARM and then actually physically harm him. That makes him weak in most scenarios EXCEPT in a warzone.

How strong is this power? Can any power counter it? If not, yeah, he and his family would be a military family and be known as war heroes, maybe the strongest war heroes of their world.

The only way I see this not being the case is if its a one time use power, like he has to actually be at death's door and die. More like a martyr power.

But if this power Is like, it HEALS him from his previously injured state as it activates? Then yeah, drop him in a warzone and watch as everyone who attacks him dies

The way to counter this would be to just not attack him, but disguise him? Then they'd never know. In fact, that kind of power is at a tactical level. Nations may not even bother to attack his country in that case, because the country could send out his family and they would just kill every enemy soldier.

Though this also bring into question ho it activates? Intent to harm the individual, or would just overall intent to harm be fine? Like if i shoot them, versus i drop a bomb on the whole area. Would it activate against me then?

Agentt

Thighs
bro depending on the exact power, or tweaking it a bit, that dude would be great at ar. He wouldn't be a hero, he would be a SOLDIER. Like come on. He may even be the strongest, him and his family.

The key here is intent. No one has to fear him unless they INTEND TO HARM and then actually physically harm him. That makes him weak in most scenarios EXCEPT in a warzone.

How strong is this power? Can any power counter it? If not, yeah, he and his family would be a military family and be known as war heroes, maybe the strongest war heroes of their world.

The only way I see this not being the case is if its a one time use power, like he has to actually be at death's door and die. More like a martyr power.

But if this power Is like, it HEALS him from his previously injured state as it activates? Then yeah, drop him in a warzone and watch as everyone who attacks him dies

The way to counter this would be to just not attack him, but disguise him? Then they'd never know. In fact, that kind of power is at a tactical level. Nations may not even bother to attack his country in that case, because the country could send out his family and they would just kill every enemy soldier.

Though this also bring into question ho it activates? Intent to harm the individual, or would just overall intent to harm be fine? Like if i shoot them, versus i drop a bomb on the whole area. Would it activate against me then?
It would be amazing, but why would anyone voluntarily accept to horribly die again and again?

It doesn't heal, he would die if left untreated.

For shoot and bomb, in both cases it would be activated
So it's not about 1hp? Because breaking an arm isn't a near-death experience.
It will activate at 1 hp,
Like if I break his arm, I would be fine. But years later, whenever he has 1 hp, I shall die

SailusGebel

It would be amazing, but why would anyone voluntarily accept to horribly die again and again?

Like if I break his arm, I would be fine. But years later, whenever he has 1 hp, I shall die
SO, someones slap the mc on the back of the head to irk the mc. Ten years later, the mc got shot in the gut five times. The one who slapped the mc would die? Sounds strange, to say the least.

Agentt

Thighs
SO, someones slap the mc on the back of the head to irk the mc. Ten years later, the mc got shot in the gut five times. The one who slapped the mc would die? Sounds strange, to say the least.
Yeah, that's where my question comes here.

How would other people treat that person?

Would a friend be afraid to high five now?
Will a teacher be afraid to make him run rounds?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

well in that case its literally just a useless power

Agentt

Thighs
It is a well known ability, everyone knows it and the entire family has it. So what would be the public's reaction?

D

Deleted member 45782

So it only activates when he is near death. But when he's not near death it cannot be used. Sounds like powers that sound interesting but not really useful bc of it's interesting limitations.

Unless he regularly finds himself in a near death situation to be able to use it often. Cause than anyone with I'll intent will be flagged and could see if it's devastating.

Now how far is the range of his power? Is it upon death suddenly all and anyone who has caused him harm throughout his life gets killed too? Cause then would imagine it's a bloody day like suddenly people dropping dead scattered everywhere (near, afar, from past long ago, current happening, etc.) bc that day he activated his last man standing.

Does it kill like one time wipe out all those ppl (including those who harmed him in the past) or just those who specifically trying to harm him in the current moment and got him down to 1 hp?

SailusGebel

The answer is another question for you. If a person does something physical to mc without ill intention, will this person still die? If the person does something with ill intention, but no physical harm, will this person die?

Agentt

Thighs
well in that case its literally just a useless power
It is very useless. But teh question is how the public sees him
The answer is another question for you. If a person does something physical to mc without ill intention, will this person still die? If the person does something with ill intention, but no physical harm, will this person die?
Both cases no.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

if any little thing means that year later, whenever he dies, you also die, then either people wouldn't care or their family would just be imprisoned so they cant harm society. Or they live in seclusion on thei own.

Like I dunno man, this power only works with a few tweeks. Otherwise people would treat them either like trash, or normally as long as they keep to themselves

Agentt

Thighs
So it only activates when he is near death. But when he's not near death it cannot be used. Sounds like powers that sound interesting but not really useful bc of it's interesting limitations.

Unless he regularly finds himself in a near death situation to be able to use it often. Cause than anyone with I'll intent will be flagged and could see if it's devastating.

Now how far is the range of his power? Is it upon death suddenly all and anyone who has caused him harm throughout his life gets killed too? Cause then would imagine it's a bloody day like suddenly people dropping dead scattered everywhere (near, afar, from past long ago, current happening, etc.) bc that day he activated his last man standing.

Does it kill like one time wipe out all those ppl (including those who harmed him in the past) or just those who specifically trying to harm him in the current moment and got him down to 1 hp?
Everyone who have ever harmed him in his entire life with an bad intent will die. So, how would public treat him?

D

Deleted member 45782

It is a well known ability, everyone knows it and the entire family has it. So what would be the public's reaction?
Probably ticking time bomb. They would shun them. They won't try use them for fear of being targeted later on for I'll intent, but doubt ppl will try get lose to them as friends and stuff bc never know if some slight feeling jealousy, a push, etc. and they also get tagged for destruction. So probably ostracized from society.

Agentt

Thighs
if any little thing means that year later, whenever he dies, you also die, then either people wouldn't care or their family would just be imprisoned so they cant harm society. Or they live in seclusion on thei own.

Like I dunno man, this power only works with a few tweeks. Otherwise people would treat them either like trash, or normally as long as they keep to themselves
I reached this conclusion as well, to just make them some sort of office workers like accountants