How is your way to deal with bad reviews?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't trust any reviews on this site. No offense, but all of you are practically retarded.
fetchimage.jpeg

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
If there's anything inside the review you can make use of, do it. If it's just randoweeb6969 proclaiming MC makes no sense since he should have a harem in a 1-on-1 Romance or massacre XYZ because MUHEDGE when it's established that MC doesn't do this -cuz only villains do that- put in more of what they don't like to annoy them even more.

There's a lot of people that have certain expectations for certain tropes/Tags and might take anything that doesn't fit those expectations as bad writing, so unless they're of the obnoxious powerfantasy harem "mystorywouldbebetterbutidon'twritebecauseitwouldbetoogood" kind of unrecoverable wreck then engaging in them and hinting at a few things not making sense maybe actually making sense later on might actually be enough to keep their interest and maybe even turn them from sceptic to fan.

Unless we're actually all retards, tho. Then everything anybody here says is fundamentally wrong anyway.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
You should take them with a grain of salt. Sometimes a reader would have legitimate reasons to criticize your job. There might be a plot hole that you didn't notice, or whatever, but if said reader is just bashing your work for the sake of it just ignore them.

That's what I hate about first-chapter reviews, people usually don't get all the information that you as the writer already know, or maybe you just info-dumped all of it, overwhelming readers. It's a difficult balance and not everyone is going to be pleased.

But again, is Scribblehub, so yeah, you'll get to meet the likes of Sailus Gebel being the meanest on the forum but nothing outright malicious. RR on the other hand...

melchi

What is a custom title?
Can't always get 5 stars. Besides most bad reviews hopefully point out some weak point. I haven't seen a review that says you are stupid and smell bad.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
You know the feelings when you got like, a chapter that you spend so much effort, editing it so much time, reading it again and again to make sure it is perfect, and when you post it, it gets like a bad review that has many likes, and you just don't know how to get this chapter better? Like, you don't know where and what you did wrong?

Yeah i know that peoples has different tastes, but when a bad review gets much likes, you can't handle yourself into thinking that you did something wrong
Just scare them off with your writing style and make sure that they don’t even want to read it or even rate it in the first place