How many chapters did you stack before posting?

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Pity he does not do covers for BL novels. But that is good too because if I had commissioned a cover for all of my stories, I would have ended up broke XD.
:sweating_profusely: Hahah, I'm going that same road. Wallet feels lighter, but the juicy anime boys!:blob_aww:~

Shame, BL makes me drool, too, maybe I'll give your stories a shot. The only thing I can't read is GL.:blob_no:

2wordsperminute

3. But for my next story, I'm gonna need at least 50 (or maybe even finish it before I start posting).

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I originally stacked 5 chapters before posting, but then I had to post them after writing which in my case takes months. :cry:

melchi

What is a custom title?

I don't have a patreon so just post what I write and edit after it is posted.

Picklesz

Welllll... right now, 0. It's definitely a much better idea to have a big backlog (or have it finished! Which I usually do) but I decided to write my stories for fun so I said screw it, I'll do something different this time.

As of right now: I released Chapter 74 this morning, and I am working on Chapter 127 today, since I burnt some of my early backlog posting a bunch in the first week. So I'm only working 53 chapters ahead; enough for patrons to get plenty to nom on.
I'm trynna be like you, my boy
I asked that very same question once. People told me at least 5, 20 is optimal. But even sick I still write, and I need to be in so much pain, that I can't sit my ass in the chair to skip a writing session. (Which happened last year around Christmas when a piece of wood fell on my toe)

So, I post as a go. You can do the same, the pressure will just motivate you. =)
I did that for the novels I currently have up and ,ngl, while it did motivate me, the stories suffered greatly with some chapters becoming rushed to meet my made up deadlines.
I had 18 when I started releasing daily. I did 21 days of daily before switching to 2 times a week. Having a decent (15+) chapter pile before you post a long running story is good, because it makes you less likely to drop the story as an author.

To add to it, a lot of stories sound fun in theory, but by 10 chapters in, you're tired of your own gimmick.
Solid advice

Zagaroth

None, I needed momentum and feedback.

However, once I figured out my speed, I made my posting rate slower than my writing rate and currently have about 30 chapters of backlog.