How often does scribblehub's reader ticker update?

Stratothrax

Just something I've noticed. When you post a chapter the dashboard for your serial won't change for hours despite the new chapter appearing in the new chapter tab on the front page and getting attention. I'm like 90% certain what's happening is that you are getting new readership and views but Scribblehub only updates that information to your dashboard every so often, unlike Royal Road where it is instant.

I'd like to know how often it updates because I keep going back to check to see if the new tab had any real boost only to see it's nada nothing, being sad, then remembering it takes time to update. 🤦‍♀️ Would be cool to know the exact update time of the ticker for us habitual checkers.
-

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Good to know I can pass off no increase in readers as a delay in reader count.

Also, I have no idea.

Stratothrax

Good to know I can pass off no increase in readers as a delay in reader count.
Yeah, always a fallback. Balm for the worried not worried vibes lol😤

I think it might vary, I remember it taking only an hour or so for one chapter I uploaded but way longer on others. humm. perhaps its server wide on a schedule

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Reader counter in the main synopsis page refreshes from time to time. I don't think it's a set amount of it, sometimes I catch it do it more often sometimes less. When you click on the Rankings though, it will show a live number of readers at all time, when checking your position.

As for the story page, once in a few hours.

Stratothrax

When you click on the Rankings though, it will show a live number of readers at all time, when checking your position.
Oh, that's interesting and does seem to be the case as I can see a difference. I wonder why it doesn't update the page and dashboard in the same way.
Thanks for the pro-tip, my habitual checking can now be sated 🙌

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
bro, just let it sit and go make some tea. why you gotta do your blood pressure dirty like that

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Can the reader count go down? If so, then I should stop checking.

Mihou

Firefly—
Can the reader count go down? If so, then I should stop checking.
Reader count can go down if a reader decides to unlist your book from his/her reading list. It is possible, just saying.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Reader count can go down if a reader decides to unlist your book from his/her reading list. It is possible, just saying.

It was mostly a joke, I don't check book statistics very much. But thanks anyway :blobthumbsup: