How to cheat yourself into trending - Part 2

LostLibrarian

I know we already had that topic multiple times and I tried to be silent during the smut-discussion. But seeing today's trending really made me realize one thing. It is an abomination that same tags are seen this often. They even dominate the entire trending list today. 9 out of the Top 9 Trending (Frontpage) all have the same tag in it. 6 out of the Top 9 weekly have that tag in it. 9 out of the Top 10 most popular fictions have it. Even 8 out of the Top 10 fictions with the most readers use that tag to shamelessly cater their stories to this platform.

Following that, I really want to say:
We need to weaken the effect of the "Action"-tag.

We need stories without needless violence, with more fluff, make love not war.
So I propose that we either ban that tag completely from the trending list or create a subsite where those stories can fight each other on their own terms.

For ActionHub. And a more diverse trending list!

/s

Last edited:

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
So I propose that we either ban that tag completely from the trending list or create a subsite where those stories can fight each other on their own terms.
The problem is, this will hurt authors like me who have some action, but it’s not the dominant theme. I’ll be overwhelmed by the true action heavy fictions, and my story will fade into obscurity.

Temple

So we're ActionHub now? We were Smuthub some time ago. I think that's just how trending is. And the trending now is Action

iamaducklingwriter

Oh no, it is time for another one of these threads.

Please leave trending-chan alone, she can't help what she likes at the moment!

Trending-Chan wanna do what she wants and feels. Last time she was really horny. Now she wants to sweat or beat someone up. I'm excited what she will feel next, I'm betting my wing part for isekai or getting horny again lololol

PunishedKom

If the trending tab causes so much fucking controveries then just remove it and replace it with one handpicked by a team of editors or some shit. Christ, lol. Whether its smut or action now it feels like the only thing that can be done to stop bitching is for there not to be one. When everyone is trending, no one will be.

Alkareel

Cuisses de Grenouille
How about an editor's pick or somethin, lol. Aside from the trending tab. If there is someone willing to make one.

LotsChrono

I know we already had that topic multiple times and I tried to be silent during the smut-discussion. But seeing today's trending really made me realize one thing. It is an abomination that same tags are seen this often. They even dominate the entire trending list today. 9 out of the Top 9 Trending (Frontpage) all have the same tag in it. 6 out of the Top 9 weekly have that tag in it. 9 out of the Top 10 most popular fictions have it. Even 8 out of the Top 10 fictions with the most readers use that tag to shamelessly cater their stories to this platform.

Following that, I really want to say:
We need to weaken the effect of the "Action"-tag.

We need stories without needless violence, with more fluff, make love not war.

For ActionHub. And a more diverse trending list!

/s
Your sarcasm eludes me and I think we should go further. Ban all Smut and Action stories from the site. Simple fix, really. In fact, ban any story that isn't explicitly fluff and happiness and life and rainbows and sunshine.

Tilted_Axis

"Action" is such a broad tag that I really don't see the issue. You could have a story about toddlers in a daycare center who have a pretend fight with paper towel rolls and therefore justify tagging your story as "action." I'd be surprised if anyone even utilizes the filters to search for action stories because the variance between action stories is so enormous.

LostLibrarian

Simple fix, really.
I also don't understand why people are complaining with such an easy to apply solution...

How about an editor's pick or somethin, lol.
Without sarcasm this would actually be really interesting... but also the foundation for endless complaining and toxicity. Even a totally random slot would probably be more liked :D

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
*sigh*

IMG_20201219_142441.jpg

TheMangaGod

NOT a Yandere Imouto Loli Goddess I Swear
"Action" is such a broad tag that I really don't see the issue. You could have a story about toddlers in a daycare center who have a pretend fight with paper towel rolls and therefore justify tagging your story as "action." I'd be surprised if anyone even utilizes the filters to search for action stories because the variance between action stories is so enormous.
I now really want to see a novel that is completely about that sort of thing! And each chapter should switch between being over-the-top intense perspective of the toddlers and the perspective of the daycare worker watching her charges being adoracute!

UYScuti

Helium Fuser
It’s a meme. Generally, once a week or so, someone posts that smut is dominating trending, and they offer the solution of smuthub. OP is just mocking it.

Tilted_Axis

It’s a meme. Generally, once a week or so, someone posts that smut is dominating trending, and they offer the solution of smuthub. OP is just mocking it.
Ahhh. I thought it was weird. I was like, what's next? Is there going to be a thread about how the letter "R" is over-represented in trending novel titles?