Improve Tags
Writing to tags that have large followings

Keeping more readers reading after they start reading:
Improve the quality of the story writing
Improve the quality of the character writing
Thank you

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
I haven't uploaded anything to here yet but the main thing I've learned is that you have to have regular updates.

Make a schedule and stick to it if you can. Also spread out your updates. As much as you might be tempted to upload everything at once, try to aim for once or twice a week. It gives people something to look forward to and it lets new readers know that you will be dependable in putting up content.

Also don't be so focused on getting new readers. Focus on your story, writing it better and interacting with the existing reader base if you can. It shows that you value what you're doing and the people reading. You'd be surprised by the amount of readers you can get by other loyal readers sharing your story or simply having your story in their favorites/reading lists.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Gotta just keep writing and getting better at it and let the viewers trickle in over time. If there were a 'one weird trick', everyone would be doing so.

prognastat

Make a schedule and stick to it if you can. Also spread out your updates. As much as you might be tempted to upload everything at once, try to aim for once or twice a week. It gives people something to look forward to and it lets new readers know that you will be dependable in putting up content.
As someone who used to upload chapters on a book daily and now uploads 2 chapters a week I can assure you updating daily is way better for your views/readership. It's just that I got super burnt out doing it.

I would say if improving your views/readers is the primary goal, getting as close to 1k-3k word daily chapters as possible should be your goal.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
to be honest consistency... you will improve if you write a lot. after that you need to be consistency

Jaystern

easiest rule to live by to get more readers: dont give a shit and keep on writing, and also know basic grammar. (I’ve only wrote a few chapters.)
Thanks
Write about some troupe that the website loves *coughs* gender bender
I have an idea for a book like that but it will be until later
As someone who used to upload chapters on a book daily and now uploads 2 chapters a week I can assure you updating daily is way better for your views/readership. It's just that I got super burnt out doing it.

I would say if improving your views/readers is the primary goal, getting as close to 1k-3k word daily chapters as possible should be your goal.
Thank you very much.
Carefully 😇
Okay
to be honest consistency... you will improve if you write a lot. after that you need to be consistency
I will. Thank you

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Having finished one novel and currently on my second (we don't talk about my true first, as it was a horrendous abomination that shall forever reside in the pits of my mind...), and having another on indefinite Hiatus, I'll reinforce what others have said: Tags, Consistency, and one tip that others haven't mentioned: Asking. Ask your current readers to share, recommend, follow, etc. the more readers you have, the more front page time you get, the more readers you get in return. It's kind of a catch 22. you need readers to get readers.

one thing that can definitely help, though, is looking into review swaps on here. most of the people doing them are fairly decent. They offer good, constructive criticism rather than just ripping your story to shreds for the joy of it (unlike some other sites that shall remain unmentioned). That said, having even one review can be a major boost to your readers.

finally, be active on this sub. I may not be the MOST active, as I'll have a few days between posts, but even I see a spike in my reads-per-views after a post. maybe not a massive spike, but a small spike. I'm sure some others on here (you know who you are) see much larger spikes from their posts.

Jaystern

Having finished one novel and currently on my second (we don't talk about my true first, as it was a horrendous abomination that shall forever reside in the pits of my mind...), and having another on indefinite Hiatus, I'll reinforce what others have said: Tags, Consistency, and one tip that others haven't mentioned: Asking. Ask your current readers to share, recommend, follow, etc. the more readers you have, the more front page time you get, the more readers you get in return. It's kind of a catch 22. you need readers to get readers.

one thing that can definitely help, though, is looking into review swaps on here. most of the people doing them are fairly decent. They offer good, constructive criticism rather than just ripping your story to shreds for the joy of it (unlike some other sites that shall remain unmentioned). That said, having even one review can be a major boost to your readers.

finally, be active on this sub. I may not be the MOST active, as I'll have a few days between posts, but even I see a spike in my reads-per-views after a post. maybe not a massive spike, but a small spike. I'm sure some others on here (you know who you are) see much larger spikes from their posts.
What are review swap?

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
What are review swap?
look in the Story Feedback section. Authors will post their willingness to read/criticise/review your work, usually in exchange for you doing the same for them. Occasionally, readers will post that they're looking for new stories, so you can reply with a link to yours in those threads. And while I haven't seen it much, authors will sometimes start a thread looking for feedback as well.

The review swap is fairly common, though. And it's just what it sounds like. One author posts "Looking for review swap" or something similar. They'll list their criteria (no erotica/smut, what tags or genres they will or won't read, etc). If your story fits, you reply with a link to your story. Then you read the one they posted and leave a review or critique - either in the forum or on the novel itself, depending on what they asked for.

Sylver

Hmm, I would like to hear from some of the more popular writers what worked for them :blob_hmm_two: because I've the same issue as well. No surprise if people look at my post history haha

I don't know, everyone's given good advice but I think Luck plays a big role too. Some writers do everything right, or follow the advice, but they just don't get as many readers or views :( so keep that in mind as well. Be confident on your work and keep writing what you like