How to manage your mind ?

ACertainPassingUser

Hello world,

I have trouble with keeping my mind clear from all those troublesome thought, so how do I supposed to manage those useless thought ?

I don't like those old thought to bother my daily life and accumulated effort.

Especially those thoughts from past silly mistakes, inferiority complexes, regret of not reconciling with old friends, unintended insult to friend, and many others.

Thanks.

LAJistics

Is it gay, if it's with a futa?
Make yourself busy. I don't know, maybe go take a walk, exercise, or hit the gym if you have time and money.
Agreed. If you have no time to think about such thoughts, then you won't think about them.

Also with more activities to fill your time, you might be able to replace those negative thoughts with positive ones.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Therapy. DO NOT take advice from random strangers on the internet. Speak with a professional, or at least to someone who's willing to listen to your problems without judging you for it irl.
You need someone who can understand your problems and help your mind realize that they aren't as important as it wants you to think they are.

Unregistered

My suggestion is to first try a breathing exercise. Relax yourself and think more towards positivity. Try and remember what makes you happy or what things you enjoy. When you find what it is, try and do that thing. If you're too tired, take a nap or get some rest. The world's no in charge of who you are!

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I CAN'T EVEN MANAGE ANYTHING, AND YOU WANT ME TO MANAGE MY MIND!? NOT TO MENTION YOURS!?
That's sarcasm, no offense. I am just a crazy person passing by. @Cipiteca396's suggestion is brilliant though.

IdleYoungMaster

Talk to your family or friends. Opening up to them might ease or lighten the burden that you're feeling. They can also give you trustworthy advices, so that's a plus. Find things that you can have fun with. Lastly, you can try closing up that matter with your friends, like apologizing for the unintended insult. I experienced this once and it turned out to be me overthinking. We had laughs that time.
Good luck~!

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
As said before in a higher comment, speak to someone who cares about you and/or a mental or psychological health professional.

Most of the solutions given by others are based on personal opinion, preference, or severity of the situation -- Which one cannot gauge based on a few lines of text.

.. Please be safe.

immortal1daoist

You can seek help from a professional
or you can share your thoughts to whom you trust

Holder-of-the-metal-bat

If it's something recurrent and really bothering you, you may want to see a therapist. I don't deal with trauma, just ... Here are some personnal thoughts that may help... Or not.

* Getting too busy to think about it or trying to think about something else everytime you have these thoughts may work with enough time, but is a double edged sword as well, as you may forget things you would prefer remembering on the long run.
* Thinking deeply about what happened, what you think you did wrong and compartimentalize these elements should help you understand what you don't like about these events, and what was outside your power to influence, taking into account your emotions at the moment.
* Now you can't change what happened but you can be someone who tries not to do these mistakes or shameful things again. And remember that change takes time. Think about who you want to be in relation to these experiences and imagine what you would have liked to do. The next time you may still do it. Maybe the time after you'll try but make another mistake, and maybe you'll never really manage to fixe things. But by trying to, you already become a better version of yourself.
* You should also try to think about things you did right, to put your previous thoughts into perspective.
* My final advice would be to cultivate experiences : go to events, meet with friends, work on things you like. And see that it's not at all the end of the world. There are so many people and so many things to do. You only made a few small mistakes in the grand scheme of things. Like everybody does. You may never be in the exact same situation you were in when you said this or that, but many similar experiences (mainly social interactions from what you wrote) can help put your previous experiences in perspective. Some friends will start with you, some will move on, and so should you. Move on, apologize if needed, make new friends, invite them somewhere, play games with them. Make them see your bad side is not all there is to you. All the while, you can work on yourself if you want to fix it.
* In the end (for real this time), some thoughts may still stay with you all the time. You remember them when you think a lot or in some situations. It's part of who you are and I don't know if you can simple get rid of them...

Snowyflakes

Therapy. DO NOT take advice from random strangers on the internet. Speak with a professional, or at least to someone who's willing to listen to your problems without judging you for it irl.
You need someone who can understand your problems and help your mind realize that they aren't as important as it wants you to think they are.
I sustain.

Aaqil

Cookies!
I can free my minds of all thoughts, I can't pick which ones tho, :blob_hmm_two: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_cookie:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Download mindmanager.exe. Then delete everything

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Avoid all other distractions. Such as, phone, forums, social media, etc. Then find things that focus your mind on one thing. Puzzle toys and fidget toys help a lot. You can also use drugs but I don't condone or recommend them. Then imagine other things. Let your mind take over to drown out those unwanted thoughts. You'll soon forget them.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
meditate. There are no distracted and depressed Buddhist monks. IDK if the orange robe helps but can't hurt to try