How to trigger a die-hard K-Pop fan?

RyujiSakamata

This is for a reference in my novel. I want references for a main character who's a jackass in cursing and criticizing other's appearance like a bully. I'm having trouble coming up with dialogues since I'm raised from a religious family who forbids cursing and bad practices.

The title was utterly unnecessary and only an example since they have fanbases who are mostly easy to trigger as from what I've seen ever since.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
This is for a reference in my novel. I want references for a main character who's a jackass in cursing and criticizing other's appearance like a bully. I'm having trouble coming up with dialogues since I'm raised from a religious family who forbids cursing and bad practices.

The title was utterly unnecessary and only an example since they have fanbases who are mostly easy to trigger as from what I've seen ever since.
LOL! Umm… I can try cussing you out? I don’t really try to do it, so forgive me if this sounds unnnatural and so non-offensive it’s funny.

Your hair is so FUCKIN greasy and flaky it looks like your whore of a mom coughed out her smoker lungs all over it, though ah bet that still looks mighty fine compared to that dick yer always pussying around with like a bitchy PERV, BOUNCING AROUND WITH THE TIDDIES OF AN OVERWEIGHT SEWER MUTANT. You remind me of a crack addict, Cracker Jack, and it just makes me want to carve out your Goddamned oily mouth.

Hope that helps! Have a great day!

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

If you want to do another, simpler style, maybe base it off of something snappier like this?
Keep your stank-ass breath in your stank-ass mouth. I promise you. If you don’t… I’ll make that garbage pit you call a mouth deepthroat my fist.
With.
No.
Lube.

RyujiSakamata

Do you have brutal-mouthed rappers/personalities you can recommend?

Please don't tell me IShowSpeed

TheMonotonePuppet

Do you have brutal-mouthed rappers/personalities you can recommend?

Please don't tell me IShowSpeed
I unfortunately do not.

@RyujiSakamata Did it help or not really? If it doesn’t help, then I’m going to delete the cussing.

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Kill their parents or something I don't know man

C_A_D_M_U_S

I think the dialogue will depend on the scenario. Do you have a sample that you can show?

Mortrexo

The trick to write heated arguments, fighting scenes, or tense situations is showing the reader instead of writing what's happening.

A dialogue that "writes" what happens:

Lorea arrived at the Comiket and finally saw the person she was searching for. Lorea was angry and shouted. "You there! Why did you sneakily take photos of me?"

The woman turned around and showed a surprised expression. "What are you talking about?"

Lorea snorted and walked up to her with quick steps, looking angry. "You know what I'm talking about. Now, delete every photo right now!"

Same dialogue but "shows" what happens.

'I've been searching around the Comiket and couldn't find her. Did she really leave?' Lorea felt uncomfortable. Her eyes moved to the side and spotted her. "You there! Why did you sneakily take photos of me?"

When she saw the furious person approaching, the other woman felt her heart tightening while remembering what she had done previously. "What are you talking about?"

Lorea's blood boiled. "Hahaha! Do you really think you can play stupid with me!? You know what I'm talking about. Now, delete every photo right now!"

In short, adding emotions, thoughts, and writing the physical feelings gives the read much more depth. Using these tricks, you can create an intense argument without resorting to cuss words.

TheMonotonePuppet

In short, adding emotions, thoughts, and writing the physical feelings gives the read much more depth. Using these tricks, you can create an intense argument without resorting to cuss words.
A lot of times people are just really crass individuals, so cussing helps differentiate between characters. By cursing creatively, you can include environmental references (example: I include the derogatory in-world curse: burnie, which references drug addicts of Magma) which fleshes out the environment. Sometimes it’s nice to have people with foul mouths if done well, because it adds uniqueness.
I certainly agree you can go without cussing, and often it’s best to avoid it, but not in this situation.

TotallyHuman

Real life cursing is uncreative and is generally based off of emotions. You never hear someone doing brilliant double entendres, or even semi-humorous metaphors. You just act big, cut to the bone and hit where it hurts or else you look stupid.
Keep your stank-ass breath in your stank-ass mouth. I promise you. If you don’t… I’ll make that garbage pit you call a mouth deepthroat my fist.
With.
No.
Lube.
^^^
Like here. No offense.

All in a confrontational situation, of course.

And it may be just me, but smart people don't curse. Or they aren't smart when they do it.

A potty mouth means you aren't in control of your speech. You don't ask how to beautifully crash your car into a 9 year old when you drunk drive, do you?

But since you are writing fiction, just have a field day at it and don't bother with realism

Last edited:

Jun_Sakazuki

The title was utterly unnecessary and only an example since they have fanbases who are mostly easy to trigger as from what I've seen ever siswhy you paying so much money to see plastic? Why don't you just look at the plastic recycle bin?"

I'm not really good this but here some:

"why you paying so much money to see plastics? Why don't you just look at the garbage? It's free"

"Start K-popping those pimples"

"Kpoop"

"People like K-pop because of their fake appearance just like connection with your family"

That's all have a great day!!

Vnator

"I think kpop is just ok, I really don't see the appeal of it"

This alone is enough to get angry death threats from kpop stans on Twitter.

TheMonotonePuppet

^^^
Like here. No offense.

All in a confrontational situation, of course.

And it may be just me, but smart people don't curse. Or they aren't smart when they do it.

A potty mouth means you aren't in control of your speech. You don't ask how to beautifully crash your car into a 9 year old when you drunk drive, do you?

But since you are writing fiction, just have a field day at it and don't bother with realism
None taken! This is just me trying to imitate an asshole (at least I hope it’s imitation, and not that I am one…:sweating_profusely:). Helps set the scene and the character. It wasn’t meant to be creative, just accurate to the role!

A potty mouth can come from a lack of control, but a few people I’v known simply come from an area where swearing like sailors is simply part of the dialect, accent, and regional culture. Be careful not to lump people together as stupid just because they have a crass mouth.

TheMonotonePuppet

Technically, you can beautifully crash into a nine year old. Do a car stunt or two, and crash your gasoline tank/engine into the kid and a following building so that it bursts into flames
The beauty of violence and big booms.
I do think there is an art to cursing in real life. You don’t see it often, but it does happen.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
BTS is mid, New Kids suck. My Queen Card sounds like they're singing about a quincar