Hypothetical (Alternate/Quasi Historical) Post-Modern Dark Age Warfare

D

Deleted member 49654

I am pretty sure that household electricity is unattached electrons, not ions. So, the way to disrupt electricity without shutting down bio-electricity is to just make it so electrons can no longer float free of a nucleus. That way, ions can still exist because ions are primarily created when one atom steals an electron from another.

Again, the big problem with this change to the way electricity would work is that it would literally snuff out the sun in an instant because the sun is made of plasma and plasma is unattached electrons. If the sun turned from plasma into just hot gas, it would not be able to last much longer after that and would become destabilized and dissipate. Or, even if it did stay together and stay ignited, the level of heat it put off would be reduced to less than 1/10 of it's current heat, and it would no longer be able to reach Earth.

Again though, if I looked into household/industrial electricity a little more then I am pretty sure I could find a way it could be disrupted without disrupting bio electricity or plasma. I think you are getting way too bogged down in the definition of electricity and not thinking enough about the manner in which electricity actually works right now. Try to think outside the box a bit and consider other solutions.
If I remember correctly, what is "moving" to generate the current depends on the medium - in metals, it is electrons; in electrolytes and gases, it is ions; in semiconductors, it is the 'holes' formed in their structure when an electron is released from the covalent pair between atoms. Anyway, I don't think it is as simple as you make it.

You can't say that electricity does not exist only because metals will magically stop being conductive. If so, just use a water solution of a soluble salt as the medium.

just make it so electrons can no longer float free of a nucleus

That way, ions can still exist because ions are primarily created when one atom steals an electron from another.
These two statements sound mutually excluding each other. If electrons can not be released from the atoms, then you won't have ions either.
If you mean that there won't be free lone electrons, and electrons will only hop between atoms when they hit each other, then I don't really think this is possible. And even if it is, unless ions cease to exist as well, electricity would not either. It will be equivalent to having a lesser number and variety of conductive materials. Metal wires may stop being usable, but then people can switch to thin long pipes full of solutions. Well, it is just an example. I am not certain if this is possible, but at least I find it logical.

Jemini

These two statements sound mutually excluding each other. If electrons can not be released from the atoms, then you won't have ions either.
If you mean that there won't be free lone electrons, and electrons will only hop between atoms when they hit each other, then I don't really think this is possible. And even if it is, unless ions cease to exist as well, electricity would not either. It will be equivalent to having a lesser number and variety of conductive materials. Metal wires may stop being usable, but then people can switch to thin long pipes full of solutions. Well, it is just an example. I am not certain if this is possible, but at least I find it logical.

No, they are not. It is that an electron can not be a "free electron" unattached to a nucleus. An ion is created when one atom steals an electron from another atom. As such, there is always one that is attached to a nucleus.

I am starting to feel like you are being deliberately facetious in order to hold up your idea that it's impossible to have the scenario painted above in such a way that it only stops electricity without causing other major problems. It really is not as hard as you are making it out to be, and you have to use a deliberately broad definition of electricity to make your point while a precise definition is enough to easily torpedo it.

And, yes, making it so electrons can no longer move through metals WOULD accomplish the scenario at the top of the page quite well. The reason for this is that we would have to replace all our infrastructure in order to adapt some form of other medium, and this would very nicely bring society to the exact sort of screeching halt that the scenario is going for.

In addition to this, do you have any idea how complicated it would be to use a liquid medium electrical infrastructure? The costs would be astronomical and several orders of magnitude higher than the cost of the current copper wires based infrastructure. So, in addition to bringing society to it's knees, the only way to get anything back on track would be to somehow mobilize the labor to engage in this huge infrastructure project that would increase the national debt by in excess of 10 times while the GDP plummets to 1/100 of it's previous state and the factory farms are shutting down and food is becoming a scarce resource while the national guard has to be deployed nation wide in order to have some semblance of society in isolated pockets.

While the solution you suggested is technically possible, it is so incredibly infeasible that there is exactly zero chance it can be implemented before society collapses completely. Thus, it accomplishes the objective in the OP of setting society back to a pre-industrial state.

D

Deleted member 49654

I am starting to feel like you are being deliberately facetious in order to hold up your idea that it's impossible to have the scenario painted above in such a way that it only stops electricity without causing other major problems. It really is not as hard as you are making it out to be, and you have to use a deliberately broad definition of electricity to make your point while a precise definition is enough to easily torpedo it.
I am stating my opinion, nothing more. And in my opinion, I do not believe this scenario is scientifically possible. At least not in the form as written above (which I understand as the disappearance of electricity itself, everything that can be considered as electricity). Therefore, I am stating my reasoning and giving examples. I am not forcing you to accept them. We can agree to not agree.

I do not think that I am making deliberately broad definitions out of thin air. It is a fact that electrons are not the only medium that can sustain electric currents. If you want to close your eyes and exclude everything other than metal conduction sure, but this is what is to be facetious.
My example may be hard, slow, or expensive to be fulfilled, but it is a valid way to solve such a problem. I seriously doubt that people will just say, fuck it, let's go grab the stone tools, and pretend the last few thousand years never happened.

I said what I wanted to say. The problem stems from the fact that you and I see this scenario in a different light. Anyway, it is pointless to debate over such a hypothetical situation.

PS: I guess something similar to the opening can happen if: A massive electromagnetic wave sweeps the Earth, frying all of the electric devices and wire systems around the globe. In this case, electricity itself is fine, but people will need decades to recover the infrastructure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macrendil-Ysmir

If electricity and steam power couldn't make a comeback we'd be forced to rely more on waterpower and draft animals. We also need to consider that we'd be unable to produce loads and loads of fertilizer, meaning food production goes down = periods of starvation until the population adjusts itself (just 'growing more' wont work, it'd be incredibly labour intensive and how many people know how to care for crops?)

After the mentioned period of 2-3 centuries, we'd be right back in a Renaisance-like world. There'd be some guns, but they'd be outclassed by cross- or recurved bows in efficiency and fire-rate. Steel armour and cold weapons (spears, axes, swords) would definitely make a strong comeback.

And its very likely that new forms of religion would spring up & digging through modern-ruins would be a common way to collect materials and earn a living in cities.

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
So, what do you guys think? What would warfare be like in this post-modern dark age?
Ooga booga mode initiated.
Everyone goes into ooga booga mode (using axes and swords and tools, hunting and gathering), although there is the chance that there are lucky people who have access to explosives, and guns. But eventually those weapons will wear out as well, so those people will have to inevitably fall into ooga booga mode.

In summary, ooga booga mode is still initiated.

TunTun

This scenario is unrealistic. Anyone who thinks we would go back to feudalism has no idea how society works.

Civilization could die, but ideas wouldn't die. People would still identify the USA as the USA even if the central government has fallen.

The Romans always thought themselves as Romans even after being pushed down to their last city.

The idea of freedom and republicanism is so engrained in our minds that when you think about the word "dictator" you think about something negative.

Jemini

I am stating my opinion, nothing more. And in my opinion, I do not believe this scenario is scientifically possible. At least not in the form as written above (which I understand as the disappearance of electricity itself, everything that can be considered as electricity). Therefore, I am stating my reasoning and giving examples. I am not forcing you to accept them. We can agree to not agree.

I do not think that I am making deliberately broad definitions out of thin air. It is a fact that electrons are not the only medium that can sustain electric currents. If you want to close your eyes and exclude everything other than metal conduction sure, but this is what is to be facetious.
My example may be hard, slow, or expensive to be fulfilled, but it is a valid way to solve such a problem. I seriously doubt that people will just say, fuck it, let's go grab the stone tools, and pretend the last few thousand years never happened.

I said what I wanted to say. The problem stems from the fact that you and I see this scenario in a different light. Anyway, it is pointless to debate over such a hypothetical situation.

PS: I guess something similar to the opening can happen if: A massive electromagnetic wave sweeps the Earth, frying all of the electric devices and wire systems around the globe. In this case, electricity itself is fine, but people will need decades to recover the infrastructure.

Well, I've already said that no electricity does not mean no guns, therefore that already destroys the original premise. Really, what I found bothersome about our previous exchanges was that, while I was saying that there is definitely a way to single out only household electricity because it's a different form of electricity, you decided to be insistent that anything that would eliminate household electricity would eliminate every single form of electricity including bio electricity. That's just not accurate, and I found it irritating that you kept trying to drag the discussion off of something that would focus-target only household electricity and kept trying to bring it back to a broad definition.

Even just now, you somehow framed it as disingenuous of me to focus target on metal conductivity as though I was the one somehow re-framing the argument when my argument, from the very beginning, has been about there being a way to focus-target only household electricity. If that's not facetious, then it's just being an ass who ignores and re-defines the arguments of the other person when their arguments weaken your position, which is probably worse. The only benefit of the doubt I can give you on that one is some kind of stupid trick your brain might have been pulling on you that gave you tunnel vision or otherwise fixated you on your own idea without being able to even hear what the other side is actually arguing.

As we discussed with the last exchange, it's really not hard at all to somehow change the laws of physics in a way that has enough specificity to focus-target only household electricity and leave both bio-electricity and natural electricity alone. Just make it so metals no longer conduct electricity. It's a fairly simple solution. Also, your offer of how it would still be technically possible to get electricity to households is absolutely infeasible. I laid out the reasons why there's absolutely no way it would get put in place in enough time before society collapsed, but if water really was the only way to conduct electricity then, yes, electrical infrastructure would never be re-developed. I do not think you are really considering just how infeasible a solution using water conductivity actually is.

I was being ludicrously generous in my last post by only focusing on the economic infeasibility. If we consider it from the perspective of engineering and safety though, it is just a completely unworkable solution. At the very least, electric power would be limited to small government installations and not distributed to the general public because there is absolutely no safe way to build an electrical infrastructure for private homes with water as the only conductor you have access to.

Distribution really is the question here. You can offer any solution you want about how to generate electricity, but it will be meaningless if you do not have a way to effectively distribute it. Metal conductivity is the only thing right now that allows that to even be possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49654

Well, I've already said that no electricity does not mean no guns, therefore that already destroys the original premise. Really, what I found bothersome about our previous exchanges was that, while I was saying that there is definitely a way to single out only household electricity because it's a different form of electricity, you decided to be insistent that anything that would eliminate household electricity would eliminate every single form of electricity including bio electricity. That's just not accurate, and I found it irritating that you kept trying to drag the discussion off of something that would focus-target only household electricity and kept trying to bring it back to a broad definition.

Even just now, you somehow framed it as disingenuous of me to focus target on metal conductivity as though I was the one somehow re-framing the argument when my argument, from the very beginning, has been about there being a way to focus-target only household electricity. If that's not facetious, then it's just being an ass who ignores and re-defines the arguments of the other person, which is probably worse. The only benefit of the doubt I can give you on that one is some kind of stupid trick your brain might have been pulling on you that gave you tunnel vision.

As we discussed with the last exchange, it's really not hard at all to somehow change the laws of physics in a way that has enough specificity to focus-target only household electricity and leave both bio-electricity and natural electricity alone. Just make it so metals no longer conduct electricity. It's a fairly simple solution. Also, your offer of how it would still be technically possible to get electricity to households is absolutely infeasible. I laid out the reasons why there's absolutely no way it would get put in place in enough time before society collapsed, but if water really was the only way to conduct electricity then, yes, electrical infrastructure would never be re-developed. I do not think you are really considering just how infeasible a solution using water conductivity actually is.

I was being ludicrously generous in my last post by only focusing on the economic infeasibility. If we consider it from the perspective of engineering and safety though, it is just a completely unworkable solution. At the very least, electric power would be limited to small government installations and not distributed to the general public because there is absolutely no safe way to build an electrical infrastructure for private homes with water as the only conductor you have access to.

Distribution really is the question here. You can offer any solution you want about how to generate electricity, but it will be meaningless if you do not have a way to effectively distribute it. Metal conductivity is the only thing right now that allows that to even be possible.
Electricity is fucking electricity, and in the original post, it isn't divided into fictional subtypes. I am sorry if you feel offended that not everyone has the same opinion as you, but deal with it. :blob_evil_two:
About the feasibility and dangers. When the current system was developed, I am sure it was not less dangerous until people learned and adapted. We are not discussing the economic feasibility. If it absolutely can not be done, then humanity probably will search for ways to use a different energy source, and won't just go back to the dark ages.

We can agree to disagree. I do not agree with your opinion, and I don't really give a fuck if you agree with mine.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Forget about two-income households . . . unless you have polygamy or group marriage systems. Housework is a full-time job without electricity.

Jemini

Electricity is fucking electricity, and in the original post, it isn't divided into fictional subtypes. I am sorry if you feel offended that not everyone has the same opinion as you, but deal with it. :blob_evil_two:

Dude, you're doing it again. There are nothing "fictional" about these subtypes of electricity. The real world divides electricity into these subtypes. Artificial electricity, bio electricity, and plasma. Ask any physicist, these are real deliniations in the real world between types of electricity. These three subtypes are also regarded as distinct from one another due to how different the activity and mechanism of the transfer of current is from one to another. The only thing that's similar is that positive and negative electrical charges are involved in some way. This is not opinion, this is science. You can check me on this. I welcome you bringing up an article that states all forms of electricity are identical in nature and there is no differences between bio electricity and other forms of electricity.

(You could potentially make an argument about plasma and artificial electricity being similar in nature as they both involve free electrons, but that's pushing it a little.)

The OP seemed to be pretty clear, it was talking about strictly artificial electricity. They may have not spelled it out in words, but you were the one who decided to bring up something to try to confuse the issue by saying "if the artificial electricity you intended to be specific to stopped working, all forms of electricity including bio electricity would stop working." (words to that effect.)

Now, what you said there at first is perfectly acceptable in terms of a discussion in a fiction writing group. Those are the kinds of questions you need to ask in order to refine down the issue in the creative process. If you don't ask these questions, readers are going to raise the same issues. What I did from there was take an approach to start solving your problem by giving scientifically feasible solutions to the problems you were offering, such as proposing the thing that happened was that metal stopped conducting electricity, thus shutting down the ability of a society to build infrastructure around artificial electricity and thus also accomplishing the scenario raised in the OP while addressing the concerns about bio and natural electricity in the process as well. You are the one who started freaking out when I did so and insisting on your broad definition when I started offering solutions.

So, do you want to actually address something I said, or keep illogically insisting on broad definitions that have no place in this conversation like a toddler? Because if I see you throwing a temper tantrum in your next post then I am going to just assume you are a troll doing this for some strange kicks and be done with it. If you would like to talk like an adult though, I would be happy to continue this discussion.

(I may not know a lot about artificial electricity, but physics, atomic chemistry, and biology are pretty clearly 3 areas I am more studied in than you from what I have gathered in this conversation. Although, I suppose that's not much of a surprise considering those are three areas taught in the pre-requisites for the nursing program.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49654

:blob_happy: Dude, you seriously wanna continue this shit? Can't you just accept that we have different views over this hypothetical scenario? My last post was rude, but I believe it was clear that I wanted to end this conversation.

I think of this scenario as the disappearance of the energy known as electricity. My reason is: Even though this is only a fictional hypothetical scenario, I still want it to have some kind of logic in it.

Scenario one: The electrical energy is fine, but the electrical devices and wire systems are fried up. Therefore, the global crisis as described above. Will humans go back to medieval times? My answer is no. It will take decades, but humans can restore their electrical systems.

Scenario two (your scenario): Somehow, metals stop being conductive or whatever. In this case, the result is similar as above, but the cause is different. Does this mean that there is no more electricity? My answer is no. This type of energy still exists. It can be generated or acquired in a raw state from the storms. Will humanity go back to medieval times or find another solution? Do not belittle humans so much. The species still has the knowledge and experience from its years of evolution and industrialization. People can use another medium - my previous example was just an example of a possibility. They can start using other energy sources as well if it turns out cheaper and easier. However, although there will be a few decades of crisis and adaptation, I do not think humanity will regress its civilization.

Scenario three (my scenario): The energy electricity disappears itself. This is how I view this scenario. This can only happen as a result of a fundamental change of some kind of physical law. I am not saying it is logical either, but for me, at least, it is more logical for electricity to disappear only in such a way. Otherwise, you can claim that electricity has disappeared. And in this case, will humanity go back to medieval times? No, cause there won't be humans or complex life at all.

I am not throwing tantrums, nor do I wanna continue this conversation. As I stated N times already, this is my personal view. I stated my opinion, then you came arguing and I continued to stay behind my opinion. I agree that I may have not expressed myself well enough, which perhaps misled you, but do you really need to go that far? I am not really trying to make you agree, and it is time for you to stop trying to make me agree with you too.

I have never said that I know much about pure physical stuff. Even so, electricity in all its types is still electricity. It isn't pure heat, it isn't light, it isn't chemical energy locked in the bonds between atoms and molecules.

I don't really understand why you go that far as to call me names and act high and mighty just because I have different views. I am continuing to answer your posts because you were the one to start pointing fingers at me, not the other way around.

(I may not know a lot about artificial electricity, but physics, atomic chemistry, and biology are pretty clearly 3 areas I am more studied in than you from what I have gathered in this conversation. Although, I suppose that's not much of a surprise considering those are three areas taught in the pre-requisites for the nursing program.)
You called me toddler, throwing tantrums, being facetious...What about you? Are we going to play a card game now? You are going to summon the nursing program? :blob_happy:

By the way, I am a doctor. I got my master's degree after 6 years in medical university. Physics is not my domain, but I sure have studied some medical physics, biophysics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physiology, anatomy, etc, and probably more than you. So, please, there is no need for us to measure and compare our dicks in public.

Agentt

Thighs
Phew, since I don't see an answer here which satisfies the OPs answer, I am going to take a walk through this scenario.

Firstly, to hell with physics, bio or whatever laws exist. Reality shouldn't interfere with imagination. Scolding the OP just because he has an idea is a very bad practice for a site filled with authors. As an author, I should be free to create a time machine using a pizza box, or to power a rocket through gasoline, logic shouldn't dictate me.

If readers don't like it, they are free to go.

The OP asking for military development is just because he wants to hear the interesting stuff. He doesn't want reality, he doesn't want to know about rising crime rates, he just wants to read some action.

Coming back, so electricity just went boop one day.

Initially, we have panic. Lots of it. People try to call but the phone get jams, the ministers call the power plant but nothings going through, the power plant is trying to fix stuff but none of the torches work.

The first one to realise the situation will be the ones who live near the power plant, close enough to simply walk there and ask the security guard what's going on?
After many hours, many people, specially the upper middle class, they would start a march probably, but that is easy to handle.

Real problems occur after a day.

Let's distribute them into internal and external affairs.
Internally,
We have the boring stuff
People raid shops
People say god has forsaken them and end is coming
How about we assassinate some ministers too?
All jobs go boop.
Yeah, boring technical stuff no ones interested in.

External
Firstly, we have lots of terrorists to deal with. And I am not talking about organisations. I am talking about small rebel groups, mostly red indians if we are talking about America.
Or any social group whose land has been usurped or any group which was facing discrimination of any kind. Also includes refugees.
Since all form of communications have broke down, diplomacy of all forms break down. Suddenly we are totally dependent on just rumors.

And...that's pretty much it. That's where my imagination end. I can't imagine any country waging any sort of war in such situation.

Countries will quickly build bell towers and watch post for incoming enemies. As such, it is very easy to defend but very hard to attack since there is no way of communicating with soldiers.

I suppose there will still be the deal with terrorists, but they probably won't attack since they have much scarce resources now.

About technology? Yeah, we will soon go back to hand printing and hand assembly. We won't need to make any sort of guns for a long time, we have plenty in stock.

That's it. I am too lazy so be grateful

D

Deleted member 49654

@Agentt
Scolding the OP just because he has an idea is a very bad practice for a site filled with authors.
You are absolutely right here. I apologize to @Wohendum-Bluu, as it was a faux pas from my side. It wasn't my intention to scold them, but to express the personal opinion that I can no imagine this scenario. If you do want to, you call me unimaginative. I like the stories to be logical or at least systematic, even in a fantasy setting. I admit that my way of speech was rude, therefore once again I give them my sincere apologies.

My participation in this topic should have ended with this one comment.
If someone does not agree with me, then so be it. After all, everyone is free to do so. Ignoring me or reacting with a negative reaction is good enough to express it. Stating your views is perfectly fine as well. However, if you reply to me in order to correct my views, then don't be surprised that I will try defending them. My biggest mistake in this situation was that I didn't ignore @Jemini or extricated myself from this pointless fight earlier. Anyway, I have no desire to continue bickering, so I won't be replying to Jemini's next comment. Have a nice day.

Jemini

I have never said that I know much about pure physical stuff. Even so, electricity in all its types is still electricity. It isn't pure heat, it isn't light, it isn't chemical energy locked in the bonds between atoms and molecules.

This is where you are wrong. All energy is related to the electron structure between atoms, and if you don't understand how electrons work (which you clearly don't,) then you really shouldn't be making these large definitive statements about electricity.

I don't really understand why you go that far as to call me names and act high and mighty just because I have different views. I am continuing to answer your posts because you were the one to start pointing fingers at me, not the other way around.

You called me toddler, throwing tantrums, being facetious...What about you? Are we going to play a card game now? You are going to summon the nursing program? :blob_happy:

By the way, I am a doctor. I got my master's degree after 6 years in medical university. Physics is not my domain, but I sure have studied some medical physics, biophysics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, physiology, anatomy, etc, and probably more than you. So, please, there is no need for us to measure and compare our dicks in public.

And you clearly got your knowledge of the basics pushed out during your pharmacology class or something, because a lot of the statements you have made about things on the base atomic and chemical level sound as though you've never taken the intro levels of A&P at all. (Or perhaps they didn't go over the chemistry portion as thoroughly when you were studying.)

The reason I keep bringing this back up is because what you keep saying is just scientifically inaccurate, and you also seem to be trying to throw your weight around to mess with what could otherwise be an interesting discussion for a potential story idea someone could pick up in a way that almost sounds as though you are proud of your own ignorance.

The "name calling" which started with just the simple term "facetious" was because you made an argument that twisted my words into something I didn't actually say. That is something of a pet-peeve of mine, and I was pointing that out. I said "We could make the scenario in the OP work out if metal no longer conducted electricity." You responded with "You're re-framing the argument, electricity is electricity."

I never re-framed the argument, I was always from the very beginning arguing that there is a difference between bio-electricity and other forms of electricity. It was, in fact, you who were re-framing the argument.

Also, since you claim to have such knowledge about bio-electricity, there is a very simple way to prove my point once and for all. The brain is suspended in the cerebral spinal fluid. So, why is it that the brain doesn't fry itself and activate every single neuron at once every single time even a single neuron discharges? If it was the same kind of electricity as the household electricity we use, that's exactly what would happen. The discharge would conduct through the CSF, and it would fry the entire brain.

Therefore, it is obvious on the face of it that bio-electricity is different from household electricity. If you are as smart as you claim to be, you should be able to see this with just a little bit of critical thinking. And yet, you insist otherwise. If you are a doctor as you claim, you are not a very good one if you don't have such simple critical thinking skills.

Also, it seems strange to me that a doctor wouldn't know about how free electrons work, otherwise called "free radicals," which are carcinogens. This is also a form of electricity, and one that is distinctly different from and far more harmful than bio-electricity.

Perhaps a better definition to make you happy would be some terminology along the lines of "molecularly-mediated depolarization" and "direct electron movement." The former being the type seen in bio-electricity, and the latter being the type seen in plasma and household electricity. Just by the example I gave about the brain not frying itself, there is a very clear difference between the former and the latter.

(And, yes, my entire reason for continuing to pursue this is all about that one instance where you twisted my words. As soon as I see such a thing, something snaps and I feel compelled to deny the person the opportunity to make the attempt at bowing out with some form of parting shot to make them feel good about themselves. I admit that is a character weakness of mine to really drive into people when they do so, but those are the gysts. If you hadn't twisted my words but were still petty enough to try to leave with parting shots, I would have merely called you out for bad form but likely dropped it.)

(Also, on the subject of parting shots, they are something people catch onto. It looks petty. I suggest you stop. Also, as you can see, they do not do as much to definitively close off the argument as you may think. They actually invite response, which I have been repeatedly capitalizing on. It would be far harder for me to continue this conversation if you tried to take the high road without resorting to those parting shots. And, before you attempt to call me a hypocrite for my name-calling (which I have already explained the motive for,) mine always invited the discussion to continue and thus do not qualify as "parting shots.")

Last edited:

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
Hope you got your answer buddy
Not as thoroughly as I wanted, but I don't think I'll be getting it now. Wish I had the ability to close this thread before another unrelated discussion takes up another 10-15 posts.

Nonetheless, thanks for trying guys.

D

Deleted member 45782

Not as thoroughly as I wanted, but I don't think I'll be getting it now. Wish I had the ability to close this thread before another unrelated discussion takes up another 10-15 posts.

You can always dm tony or a mod to lock the thread if you want people to stop commenting on it or if the thread goes off topic too much and starts to spiral into heated arguments. Partially why some threads have thought about posting, but haven't.

Jemini

I think we're done. I don't see how it can go on from where it is now.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
I think it's possible with a long-lasting solar flare...

Well, I would want to see walking automatons when that happens...
Also books and knowledges would be fought over including ancient advance tech (something like carbon fiber) that could only produced with electricity. Airships will be rediscovered and will be used and people would create a computers that don't rely on electricity...
A Solar Flare is just EMI. It's not "all electricity would cease to exist" just "all sensible circuits would stop working without countermeasures"