I am not good with naming! I need a name!

Nonameavailable

So, I need a name for a half-vampire and half-werewolf hybrid. What I need is something like Dhampir, Vampir, and all that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AuthorSME

Dressvein

you could add a variation of pronunciation, but I thought it was cool off the top of my head.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So, I need a name for a half-vampire and half-werewolf hybrid. What I need is something like Dhampir, Vampir, and all that. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Dmitry Peskov
Or I dunno what kinda names you want? German? Western? Victorian?
Anyway here

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Ulfskir. Ulfspir.
Lunatar. Selenathrope.
Therian. Chirothrope.
Wulpir.
吸狼. 吸血狼.

Last edited:

Nonameavailable

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Naming is an interesting challenge in writing. Some people pull out the most on the nose name out there. Others develop an entire constructed language and craft names with crazy amounts of symbolism. Some people just choose a name that's rather plain.

It depends on your setting. Is it set in the real world? Is it set in modern day or in the past? If it is based in our world, you might look at names in the area your character comes from.

If they come from a non-English country you could do something like name them "ravenous" or "blood" in that country's language, just modified slightly to make it less obvious.

Another thing to consider, the vampire myth comes out of Eastern Europe, while to my knowledge the werewolf myth comes out of Western Europe, specifically France. You might look at those historical tales of the creatures, and draw inspiration from there - or again, find words from those countries that might be symbolic of the character.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I need the name for a Race of Half-Vampire and Half-Wolf Hybrid.
Listen buddy that's a bunch of convoluted bullshit, you can name them anything you find has a nice ring to it
Its not as if there is a language or naming system specifically for werewolves and vampires. All you could say is some names from certain languages are more often used for vampires and werewolves. Like german or russian names, English names.

Just use the fantasy name generator I linked.
It LITERALLY has a tab under Fantasy specifically for popular vampire or werewolf names.

It's why I linked it.

Dont bother with all these weird ass names people are tryna suggest...no offense, they just sound wayyyy too complicated and unpleasant to the ear.

But personally, If i was naming a wolf or vampire i would pick something nice sounding.
Like Killian Wrath or some shit. Just something simple and cool
Naming is an interesting challenge in writing. Some people pull out the most on the nose name out there. Others develop an entire constructed language and craft names with crazy amounts of symbolism. Some people just choose a name that's rather plain.

It depends on your setting. Is it set in the real world? Is it set in modern day or in the past? If it is based in our world, you might look at names in the area your character comes from.

If they come from a non-English country you could do something like name them "ravenous" or "blood" in that country's language, just modified slightly to make it less obvious.

Another thing to consider, the vampire myth comes out of Eastern Europe, while to my knowledge the werewolf myth comes out of Western Europe, specifically France. You might look at those historical tales of the creatures, and draw inspiration from there - or again, find words from those countries that might be symbolic of the character.
That's the thing. It doesnt sound like he wants to come up with names that suit the character, just the species the character is, and that's weird because there wont be names specifically for that kind of creature.

Like I said, some languages just are used for vampires and werewolves more often than, say, American english.

Why? Because Foreign names just can sound better. More unique, mysterious, strong, and even the meanings behind them can be cool. Like Morgenstern, for example, meaning morning star.

It just sounds epic. Like something a mythical creature would be called.

Anyway, yeah. Its weird to think there would be species-specific names. You'd wouldnt find that, only find names people use for those creatures becaus, well, the names chosen sound good to hear or whatever

All the names I see here seem try hard or a joke anyway. Tryna put the root word lycan in the name, or the "mir" sound from Vladimir cuz its associated with vamps.

You dont have to do that. Just pick something that rolls off the tongue well, if anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

There are valid points on both WasatchWind and CupcakeNinja's side.

Names created just specifically for their werewolf/vampire hybrid heritage kind of makes me think of how the name is actually generic name for their hybrid species type, and not the actual individualistic name itself..

That being said, its your character name and if that's what you want, then do what you want. Coming up with random words combos can be interesting anyways and fun.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
just the species the character is
I think he's aiming for the name of the race, not an individual member of that race.

Anyways, you should probably pick a name based on what traits they inherited or manifested due to their lineage, unless you want to make something up from scratch. In which case just use some word salad, like Joiasdhen. I literally just mashed the keyboard.

The ones I gave were all non english, but if you wanted to translate them into your own language, the words to start with would be
Moon, Night
Shape, Change
Suck, Drink, Thirst
Blood, Power, Energy
Wolf, Bat, Beast, Demon
Touched, Heir, Cursed

Moontouched, Bloodcursed, Heir of Night. So on.

LilTV1155

If you don't like using fantasy name generator (It's ain't that reliable)
then I can recommend you the lists of names you can pick out.

--------------
But if you want an actual new name created for this hybrid child?
-
Just wondering about your hybrid. The name will depend on the parent. Like Liger, Ligon, Tigon, and etc.
So who does your hybrid child take after?

(Usually name follow Paternal Side first)

• Mother: Wolf + Father: Vampire = Vampwer
  • Father: Wolf + Mother: Vampire = Werpyre
    • Hybrid Term: Demikin - Blodpi Lykan
      • - - - Demi "Half" + kin "race"
      • - - Blod "Blood" + Pi "Drink" + Lykan "Wolf"
Also, if this hybrid is not made naturally. But bite first, then Its Race should fall under Vampire category in the Familiar/Minion class. Race would be Servamp. Vampyre's familiar: Bloodhound.

If created artificial labs, incompatible, and whatnots, just a wolf beast that suck blood and stuffs: Vampyre Canine / Bloodwulf Chimera

Last edited: