I guess I should not have neglected Scribble Hub?

100F

Search function on SH is better and it's easier to discover new stories on this site. I think that would be the main reason.

Another reason might be in how they count the views. If I remember correctly RR counts only registered viewers, so that's might be it.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Lol. It's Lambent + Tyto actually.

I'm just not used to it being called smut. Erotica is the proper genre term, isn't it?
I’m not entirely sure. Erotica is meant to make people get off, usually with a positive connotation and focuses on specific scenes.

Smut seems to have a negative or embarrassing connotation to it. I find smut is associated to having lots of sex scenes but revolving around an overarching story while erotica are usually short stories or one offs where the focus is more on the sex.

maybe someone else can weigh in.

lambenttyto

Look up my novel, read the NSFW labeled chapters. That is smut.
I'm sure I know what you mean. Lady Commander (which I have not posted) is a fantasy space opera "with erotic scenes," but I'd never label it a smut, even though it's pretty graphic.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I'm sure I know what you mean. Lady Commander (which I have not posted) is a fantasy space opera "with erotic scenes," but I'd never label it a smut, even though it's pretty graphic.

I think this blogger explains it better than I can.

lambenttyto

I think this blogger explains it better than I can.
I suppose this makes sense.

I read this on another blog: "Whereas Erotic romance tends to focus on stories that are emotional, smut focuses on the physical."

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Choose the community that makes you feel more comfortable and bloom there.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I suppose this makes sense.

I read this on another blog: "Whereas Erotic romance tends to focus on stories that are emotional, smut focuses on the physical."
I guess I actually have more romance in there than I thought… but it’s still dirty as hell.

Temple

RR Also allows smut, doesnt "Everyone loves large chests" has like several futa sex scenes? Very detailed at that? lol
Sex scenes are fine, even detailed ones. It's more on the point of the story. Kind of like you won't call Game of Thrones smut, right, even if there's a lot of sex scenes there? Some RR authors do make it their goal to see how much they can get away with sex scenes before mods can shut them down. One of the major selling points of SH is that sexual fantasies are at the forefront of stories here.
The whole point of the conversation is that no, it lacks variety, and it simply ignores anything that spices things up
I suppose as to what I mean by 'variety' I should clarify myself more. I'm referring to the survival of a story that's not the mainstream for the site. I did mention that if we include smut, or erotica, SH will be more varied because of the sheer amount of "topics" that erotica can cover. But if we're referring to stories that are not the mainstream preference of the site itself, RR is more open to that. Like I know a few historical pieces in RR that are obviously not for both RR and SH audiences, but they have a few hundred followers in RR.

My own story for example, not geared for either RR or SH audiences, and I find that RR people are more open to try other things (and by other things, I mean stories not mainstream for the site). You won't really see them if you're only looking at the top, but below those big litrpgs, there are lots of RR readers who'll support different kinds of stories for the sake of trying something new. So, for experimentation, and for stories that don't really have a site they can call home, I'd say RR is better for that.

Although this discussion isn't really on topic for the thread because OP's story is something for both SH and RR.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Sex scenes are fine, even detailed ones. It's more on the point of the story. Kind of like you won't call Game of Thrones smut, right, even if there's a lot of sex scenes there? Some RR authors do make it their goal to see how much they can get away with sex scenes before mods can shut them down. One of the major selling points of SH is that sexual fantasies are at the forefront of stories here.
You know, that actually makes me want to see how long my story would be up if I posted it there, but I don't like breaking rules.