I hate AI art but . . .

AutumnPlunkett

I feel like most people who use AI art aren't expecting to be recognized as artists for their AI-generated art. There are certainly exceptions to this, as with everything, but writers who use the art mostly just want to enhance the experience of their story. In which case, they'd still be artists since they are writers, which is commonly considered an art form, they just wouldn't be a painter or whatever else.

SailusGebel

I mean as a more general term. "Director" refers to more than just movies and it's a way to refer to someone who supervises and guides the work and performance of others. It seems closer to what prompting is. Then those that prove themselves would still fall under the "artis" banner just like with movie or music directors.
Oh. In that way sure.

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
If I could make my characters with AI I would. Sadly, AI is a sucker because that does what it wants and it can't get my characters right. It's a great tool for those who can't afford an artist or have little talent but want something quick and of decent quality.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
As a rule of thumb I hate AI art.
Firstly because it kills human creativity.
Secondly because it allows anyone with spare 5$ pretend to be on equal level as someone who spend countless days and nights over many years perfecting their craft.

I tested multiple AI engines and tools to test their limitations and short comings.
I tend to not publish my "creations" to not pollute the internet.

That said there are fun things that can be done using AI that would be almost impossible to achieve using manual drawing (especially for people with no talent).

So this is one of those things:
Idk if that was intended to be clickbait, but...I certainly can troll better!

As a rule of thumb I hate AI art.
Firstly because I'm too fucking lazy to figure out how it works.
Secondly because I'm a fucking cheapskate and won't spend a cent for something I can get for free especially when I can just stalk the original artists on social media--FOR FREE!

I tested multiple AI engines and tools to test their limitations and short comings.
I tried it twice and the long waiting time and limited free attempts are a big nonono.

I tend to not publish my "creations" to not pollute the internet.
^^this, tbh, I spend countless days and nights over many years to perfect my craft and can still pollute the net with stick figures :blob_uwu:

That said there are fun things that can be done using AI that would be almost impossible to achieve using manual drawing (especially for people with no talent).
^^I agree. The adominations done by AI are truly one of I kind, that I, as a lover of beauty can never copy.

That said, AI can never visualize what I want, because even I don't know what I want!! Art and writer block sucks.

BetterNickPending

Brain loading. Please wait...
I tried it twice and the long waiting time and limited free attempts are a big nonono.
1. Please prove your statement.

2. What is your problem?

3. In all that analysis you missed the point of that thread.

4. There are people here who agree with me and people who don't. You are the first one to make personal remarks and not bring anything to the discussion.

BigBadBoi

Uhhh... if someone I really good at art, why don't they just use ai to be supergood at art?

Bad + AI = GOOD.
Good +AI = GREAT.

There's so many scammers charging money for commisioning art and hiding the fact that it's AI art in twitter and other sites that admitting the use of generative AI would result in you getting called a hack artist and clowned on. Techbros are also absolutely obnoxious with how they keep harping on about how AI art is the future and resulted in everyone hating AI art on principle. Personally don't mind AI art for concept art for novels here but I still prefer actual art.

Keene

Squat Enjoyer and Programmer
That said, AI can never visualize what I want, because even I don't know what I want!! Art and writer block sucks.

A personal anecdote, but I found generating AI images of my characters made them every bit more real and inspired things I would have never thought about before, which motivated me to write.

As an example, for Amelia Thornheart, I knew I wanted a blond, pretty woman in a side profile in a smart uniform:

f4cf4acb-b5ea-4749-9dd2-d0929f11928e.jpg

Doing this not only made it that much easier to imagine my characters in my head, which translated to a smoother writing experience, but see that earring? I already have a scene planned around the earring, a heartwarming and cozy scene perfect for the budding romance/GL in the novel.

It might depend on what kind of writer you are, but for me personally, having an image like this helps tremendously, and I did it for free! Without AI I would be paying ~£500 to £1k for an artist to make something of equal quality, while not providing me any more benefit.

For me and the millions like me whose creativity is triggered by visual aids, AI is amazing. Whether generating AI images itself may or may not be an act of creative expression doesn't really matter to me, because the final product is something that triggers my own creativity, and that's what matters!

tiaf

1. Please prove your statement.

2. What is your problem?

3. In all that analysis you missed the point of that thread.

4. There are people here who agree with me and people who don't. You are the first one to make personal remarks and not bring anything to the discussion.
It was a troll post. I hate AI with a passion and certain other forum users can attests to that, but such discussions fall on deaf ears on this forum so I stopped to care.

I don’t get the first post tbh. The title and the reversal picture I don’t get what the meaning of it should be. Others pointed it out, no need to be an echoer.

You can’t forbid people to use a service and any form of smearing AI is meaningless as it is just a tool. If you want to point out bad points then involve shady practices of the programmers that steal IP from other people or the track and stalk people without their consent. You could have also pointed out how social media is in cahoots and sells AI user data in exchange for their usage.

But you didn’t. There are statements without further explanation or facts to make your point.

And no, I didn’t spend time to read the rest of the answers. It will be the same pro AI camp defense and the lament of AI limitations as all the other AI threads.

3sentence or less summary appreciated.

Last edited:
It was a troll post. I hate AI with a passion and certain other forum users can attests to that, but such discussions fall on deaf ears on this forum so I stopped to care.

I don’t get the first post tbh. The title and the reversal picture I don’t get what the meaning of it should be. Others pointed it out, no need to be an echoer.

You can’t forbid people to use a service and any form of smearing AI is meaningless as it is just a tool. If you want to point out bad points that involve shady practices of the programmers that steal IP from other people or the track and stalk people without their consent. You could have also pointed out how social media is in cahoots and sells AI user data in exchange for their usage.

But you didn’t. There are statements without further explanation or facts to make your point.

And no, I didn’t spend time to read the rest of the answers. It will be the same pro AI camp defense and the lament of AI limitations as all the other AI threads.

3sentence or less summary appreciated.
why did you get this based? what have i missed?

tiaf

A personal anecdote, but I found generating AI images of my characters made them every bit more real and inspired things I would have never thought about before, which motivated me to write.

As an example, for Amelia Thornheart, I knew I wanted a blond, pretty woman in a side profile in a smart uniform:

Doing this not only made it that much easier to imagine my characters in my head, which translated to a smoother writing experience, but see that earring? I already have a scene planned around the earring, a heartwarming and cozy scene perfect for the budding romance/GL in the novel.

It might depend on what kind of writer you are, but for me personally, having an image like this helps tremendously, and I did it for free! Without AI I would be paying ~£500 to £1k for an artist to make something of equal quality, while not providing me any more benefit.

For me and the millions like me whose creativity is triggered by visual aids, AI is amazing. Whether generating AI images itself may or may not be an act of creative expression doesn't really matter to me, because the final product is something that triggers my own creativity, and that's what matters!
AI is a creativity killer for me. I need to understand what I want to draw or write as in I have to have full knowledge of how the concept works or how an item is constructed.

Ai meshes whatever information it has to something regardless of how ridiculous and impossible it is (hair strand coming from the earring, the 10 finger hands, etc.) It is completely different to how my brain works. :blob_awkward:
why did you get this based? what have i missed?
Depression. If people don’t poke me then I remain quiet. If they talk back, I talk back without filter.

It’s not even hard to get this info. Casually being on IG and one art server that is like a chill out lounge kept me up to date with AI and the birth of Cara.App.

I was expecting something great from the thread title but got a standard AI pic with artifact in the middle and anatomical wrong feet. MY PET PEEVE. The twisted foot was personal. The dysfunctional pottery was triggering.

Someone explain what point this picture made.

Last edited:

BetterNickPending

Brain loading. Please wait...
It was a troll post. I hate AI with a passion
Oh. Sorry for not getting that it was a troll post.
I only hate Ai. It is a marvel of human ingenuity and engineering.
The problem is with application and acquisition of training data.
AI is a creativity killer for me.
Glad we agree :)
Depression.
Please seek some professional help, before it is too late and you are so down that you can't do it on your own.
If you need someone to talk to I can in private.
But I'm not a professional. I only have my personal experience in the matter.

Depression. If people don’t poke me then I remain quiet. If they talk back, I talk back without filter.

It’s not even hard to get this info. Casually being on IG and one art server that is like a chill out lounge kept me up to date with AI and the birth of Cara.App.

I was expecting something great from the thread title but got a standard AI pic with artifact in the middle and anatomical wrong feet. MY PET PEEVE. The twisted foot was personal. The dysfunctional pottery was triggering.

hope it gets better brotherman. it is healthy to get poked every now and then. it's also healthy to be able to talk without filter.

op used the QR controlnet technique which came out like 6 months ago, which in ai-development terms might as well be a decade. the pic got 'scribblehub' in the middle. gotta minimize the image (or open on phone) and squint your eyes a bit. similar examples:

ComfyUI_05659_.png