Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Heck No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
I have seen bad TV Shows I've seen Teen Titans Go, RWBY, And many more shows and I will definitely rant about them, but I wanna get this out the way I finished all of Avatar and all my friends are like Korra is as good or sometimes better than Avatar, Huh? I hate the legend of Korra but so many people like it, so I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I am voicing mine

First the characters I only like a handful of the characters but I guess I'll start with bootleg team avatar.

Mako IMO is the worst he just feels like knockoff Zuko but with none of the character development he cheated on two girls and caused this whole will they won't they that drags on for episodes, Mako is a brooding teenager who cheats, lies, and never really faces any consequences

Bolin is knockoff Sokka but without the wit and cleverness I liked about Sokka,In the first book he likes Korra, but that's about it. Now I will be honest Bolin might be my second favorite Bootleg Member but he still doesn't interest me as much as Sokka, but he's not terrible he is Sokka at home

Asami is the most overrated character I've ever seen, in season one she was kinda interesting then past that she doesn't do anything interesting she just becomes the chauffeur driving them around even though they have elemental powers. and, the relation between her and Korra feels so unnecessary people are like Asami checked on Korra when Korra was ill see, see that's love. No that's what we call being a friend. Her dad is also the worst twist villian he shows up and is overly nice and then I see korra time to be evil and tries to kill her or capture her idk.

Korra is the best IMO she doesnt feel that bad, and she differs from Aang alot she's reckless and headstrong, but she isn't a mary sue or atleast IMO, but she can also be annoying

I'd get to the side characters but eh I'll probably get to them.

Season One

Season One is alright it's the best of the four, but it's still problematic first Bloodbending. the charectars bloodbend whenever breaking the worldbuilding can only bloodbend in full moon. Then we have the resistance movement much like in RWBY we don't see how the non-benders get bullied/mistreated we just hear it from them with no real understanding atleast a demonstration, then Mako can lighting bend all the time, Korra is annoying in this book I know I said she's my favorite but she still annoys me we meet Lin who I'll get to way later. Lin let's korra go cause ya know reasons and Korra proceeds to train for airbending as she destroys a old ancient technique, and doesn't apologize to make matters 10x worse she comes out knowing all the elements outside of air because having actual challenge is hard *Sarcasm*. Oh and the big bad was cool with a mask then they remove his mask and we learn his dumb backstory i barely remember and then he and his brother, go commit die. This book also introduces Probending which is so pointless it never matters again it not like we spent half a book focusing on this.

Season Two (The One that makes me want to die)

*Sigh* let's get this over with, I hate book two infact let me rephrase that I loathe, detest, despise, and Hate it, sooooo I really can't explain it we get intorduced to Verrick the best character no cap so book two starts off good and to be honest its not bad, and then we get to Dark Avatar, and wons backstory why couldn't it have just been a water tribe war so Dark Avatar sounds like a fanfic but no its real basically and I'll explain it perfectly. Won is the first avatar, Won is number One, and I don't care really first we learn he's stealing bread much like the Aladdin scene. Then we learn some stupidity he goes to his friends yeah yeah whatever then he meets Light and DarkI forget their names but eh

So Lights trying to block Dark and no not light yagami. SO When light touches dark shes stronger but when shes not touching shes weaker?

This doesn't sound rushed at all *Sarcasm*, so darks like "She's suppressing me", and wons like "Suppression nah" and separates them this is dumb he didn't ask any questions or even reconsidered or even thought this through he assumed suppression and just butted in. So now he needs to save the day and boom that's the story of the first avatar also the spirits are very prejudiced for no reason. and I'm done for now anyway I'll make Part two before this month is up most likely but this is dumb.

Part Two coming one day.

Attachments

• download (79).jpeg
    download (79).jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 36

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
I have seen bad TV Shows I've seen Teen Titans Go, RWBY, And many more shows and I will definitely rant about them, but I wanna get this out the way I finished all of Avatar and all my friends are like Korra is as good or sometimes better than Avatar, Huh? I hate the legend of Korra but so many people like it, so I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I am voicing mine

First the characters I only like a handful of the characters but I guess I'll start with bootleg team avatar.

Mako IMO is the worst he just feels like knockoff Zuko but with none of the character development he cheated on two girls and caused this whole will they won't they that drags on for episodes, Mako is a brooding teenager who cheats, lies, and never really faces any consequences

Bolin is knockoff Sokka but without the wit and cleverness I liked about Sokka,In the first book he likes Korra, but that's about it. Now I will be honest Bolin might be my second favorite Bootleg Member but he still doesn't interest me as much as Sokka, but he's not terrible he is Sokka at home

Asami is the most overrated character I've ever seen, in season one she was kinda interesting then past that she doesn't do anything interesting she just becomes the chauffeur driving them around even though they have elemental powers. and, the relation between her and Korra feels so unnecessary people are like Asami checked on Korra when Korra was ill see, see that's love. No that's what we call being a friend. Her dad is also the worst twist villian he shows up and is overly nice and then I see korra time to be evil and tries to kill her or capture her idk.

Korra is the best IMO she doesnt feel that bad, and she differs from Aang alot she's reckless and headstrong, but she isn't a mary sue or atleast IMO, but she can also be annoying

I'd get to the side characters but eh I'll probably get to them.

Season One

Season One is alright it's the best of the four, but it's still problematic first Bloodbending. the charectars bloodbend whenever breaking the worldbuilding can only bloodbend in full moon. Then we have the resistance movement much like in RWBY we don't see how the non-benders get bullied/mistreated we just hear it from them with no real understanding atleast a demonstration, then Mako can lighting bend all the time, Korra is annoying in this book I know I said she's my favorite but she still annoys me we meet Lin who I'll get to way later. Lin let's korra go cause ya know reasons and Korra proceeds to train for airbending as she destroys a old ancient technique, and doesn't apologize to make matters 10x worse she comes out knowing all the elements outside of air because having actual challenge is hard *Sarcasm*. Oh and the big bad was cool with a mask then they remove his mask and we learn his dumb backstory i barely remember and then he and his brother, go commit die. This book also introduces Probending which is so pointless it never matters again it not like we spent half a book focusing on this.

Season Two (The One that makes me want to die)

*Sigh* let's get this over with, I hate book two infact let me rephrase that I loathe, detest, despise, and Hate it, sooooo I really can't explain it we get intorduced to Verrick the best character no cap so book two starts off good and to be honest its not bad, and then we get to Dark Avatar, and wons backstory why couldn't it have just been a water tribe war so Dark Avatar sounds like a fanfic but no its real basically and I'll explain it perfectly. Won is the first avatar, Won is number One, and I don't care really first we learn he's stealing bread much like the Aladdin scene. Then we learn some stupidity he goes to his friends yeah yeah whatever then he meets Light and DarkI forget their names but eh

So Lights trying to block Dark and no not light yagami. SO When light touches dark shes stronger but when shes not touching shes weaker?

This doesn't sound rushed at all *Sarcasm*, so darks like "She's suppressing me", and wons like "Suppression nah" and separates them this is dumb he didn't ask any questions or even reconsidered or even thought this through he assumed suppression and just butted in. So now he needs to save the day and boom that's the story of the first avatar also the spirits are very prejudiced for no reason. and I'm done for now anyway I'll make Part two before this month is up most likely but this is dumb.

Part Two coming one day.
I despise the entirety of Legend or Korra. I only liked the first season, and it was still hard to finish it. Then there's that point where Korra severs her connection to all the past Avatars, more or less ending their reincarnation cycle...and I'm just like WHY? They were so desperate to "make Korra her own woman" like some stupid feminist insert that they ripped the heart out of what it meant to be the fucking Avatar. I was shocked Korra didn't start bitching about "muh patriarchy" after that. And oh gods the yuri ending.....gotta add those little brownie points and checkmarks with the LGBT crowd in there somewhere right? LOL.

Ymadthepirate

I despise the entirety of Legend or Korra. I only liked the first season, and it was still hard to finish it. Then there's that point where Korra severs her connection to all the past Avatars, more or less ending their reincarnation cycle...and I'm just like WHY? They were so desperate to "make Korra her own woman" like some stupid feminist insert that they ripped the heart out of what it meant to be the fucking Avatar. I was shocked Korra didn't start bitching about "muh patriarchy" after that. And oh gods the yuri ending.....gotta add those little brownie points and checkmarks with the LGBT crowd in there somewhere right? LOL.
Oh yeah I remember that didn't she like destroy all her past ancestors basically dooming the next avatar to listening to her alone.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Oh yeah I remember that didn't she like destroy all her past ancestors basically dooming the next avatar to listening to her alone.
Yep. Exactly. Because of reasons? I guess? Ruined the whole point of being an Avatar. Whoever wrote Korra should not have been allowed anywhere near the franchise, or if it was the same people from the first Avatar, than they should be be ashamed. Raised their baby, and then drowned it in a bathtub after letting it grow enough to stand on its own two legs like some disgruntled mother who is jealous of her own teenage daughter for looking prettier than her.

Ymadthepirate

Yep. Exactly. Because of reasons? I guess? Ruined the whole point of being an Avatar. Whoever wrote Korra should not have been allowed anywhere near the franchise, or if it was the same people from the first Avatar, than they should be be ashamed. Raised their baby, and then drowned it in a bathtub after letting it grow enough to stand on its own two legs like some disgruntled mother who is jealous of her own teenage daughter for looking prettier than her.
Why does the disgruntled mother who is jealous of her own teenage daughter for looking prettier than her. sounds like something that would happen in a gacha life story or a chinese novel.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Why does the disgruntled mother who is jealous of her own teenage daughter for looking prettier than her. sounds like something that would happen in a gacha life story or a chinese novel.
Probably because its been in more Chinese "romance" novels than it has any right to be, like nearly every other trope Chinese authors latch onto.

longer

Balls
last minute randomly forced lesbian relationship was just weird and unnecessary
Maybe my memory just sucks, but I think the real problem with it is how they put down Mako. I'm all for representation but it leaves a really bitter taste when justifying the yuri is partly built upon "fuck the guy love interest."

But this is more of a personal gripe that I have. Girl's love where every time yuri is brought up, the heroine has detail how shit men and straight sex are. Or how the majority of male characters either get to be useless, abusive, evil, or gay. The same applies boy's love. Just stop justifying what you want by putting down others, let it stand by itself.

Ymadthepirate

Maybe my memory just sucks, but I think the real problem with it is how they put down Mako. I'm all for representation but it leaves a really bitter taste when justifying the yuri is partly built upon "fuck the guy love interest."

But this is more of a personal gripe that I have. Girl's love where every time yuri is brought up, the heroine has detail how shit men and straight sex are. Or how the majority of male characters either get to be useless, abusive, evil, or gay. The same applies boy's love. Just stop justifying what you want by putting down others, let it stand by itself.
facts

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
It has sexy sexy BROTHERS!!!! Of course I love it!

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Everyone knows Korra sucks, it's been like 10 years already dude. Get over it.