I hope one day I can install games without having to deal with those fricking DRMs

Keene

Squat Enjoyer and Programmer
I've been excited about Dragons Dogma 2 for years, only for it to come out with Denuvo and a plague of performance issues.

Think I'll give it a year for a few performance patches before trying it now. Was a huge shame to see it reach the infamous mostly negative on steam.

Elden ring DLC is coming in a few months anyway and we all know it's going to be amazing.

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
I've been excited about Dragons Dogma 2 for years, only for it to come out with Denuvo and a plague of performance issues.

Think I'll give it a year for a few performance patches before trying it now. Was a huge shame to see it reach the infamous mostly negative on steam.

Elden ring DLC is coming in a few months anyway and we all know it's going to be amazing.

Ubisoft goes Steamworks bye bye, always on DRM

The greatest shame is the good old abandonware games like megaman got a steam release with DRM, so now I could not find a good pc version anymore.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Sorry to ask but, what's a DRM?
I have played games for years, but I genuinely don't know what DRM is.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
Sorry to ask but, what's a DRM?
I have played games for years, but I genuinely don't know what DRM is.
Digital Rights Management. It's an anti-piracy security. It checks if your copy of the game is legal or not

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
:blob_hide: I mostly play indie games, way less BS. Just gotta be careful of perpetual early access but you can tell if that's the case by their update history. Little to no updates and it's a perpetual early access game. But if they have regular, and more importantly, big updates then they are a safe bet.

Shrimp_eater

Thats why i mostly use GOG, I also always check for DRM on Steam games. I don't mind steam's since its pretty innocuous but i avoid games with third-party launchers and online-check stuff such as denuvo like a plague.

CheertheSecond

Thats why i mostly use GOG, I also always check for DRM on Steam games. I don't mind steam's since its pretty innocuous but i avoid games with third-party launchers and online-check stuff such as denuvo like a plague.
Yeah.
I refused a free Prison Architect because it was on Epic app and like I don't have any other game there either.

HungrySheep

I like yuri
Agreed. I was gonna buy P5 Royale on discount but I held off since they STILL haven't removed Denuvo.

I don't think companies understand pirates at all. The majority of pirates do it out of necessity, not out of desire. DRM won't make them buy the game since they can't buy it in the first place, it just fucks with real customers.

CheertheSecond

Agreed. I was gonna buy P5 Royale on discount but I held off since they STILL haven't removed Denuvo.

I don't think companies understand pirates at all. The majority of pirates do it out of necessity, not out of desire. DRM won't make them buy the game since they can't buy it in the first place, it just fucks with real customers.

A fandom goodwill is a foreign concept to many Japanese Publishers and Devs.
I heard it had been that way for years.

quagma

subatomic cephalopod
GOG has been great for finding many of my old games, drm free. Sometimes they've gone into abandonware, in which case, I'm forced to sail the seven seas. I'm not paying double original retail price just so I can have a physical copy of Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection

TotallyHuman

Me, who does not play videogames, reading this thread