I listen to music while writing, which is best, solo piano, solo organ, or solo harpsichord music, for writing?

Which is best?

• Total voters

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Uhhh… IDK the organ? If you say other make sure it is a solo keyboarded instrument!

Renaxan

Enthusiastic about a lot of things.
Ugh, most of time when I was writing I'm listening to rain sounds for hours.

So I pick Other.
Heck, I don't think its qualify as music in first place lmao.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Ugh, most of time when I was writing I'm listening to rain sounds for hours.

So I pick Other.
Heck, I don't think its qualify as music in first place lmao.
Auto tune the rain

Jemini

I really like the organ and harpsicord as instruments. I just find them interesting. However, the request was about "the best music for writing." Therefore, I am going to have to say piano.

The organ has a ridiculous number of capabilities and interesting sounds it can make. That's too distracting. Meanwhile, the sound that the harpsichord makes is too sharp and the music written for it tends to be very active.

The piano has the capability of being a lot more mellow, which is better for writing.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I don't listen to music since it might affect my writing. Last time I wrote a romance novel and listen to Metal, I literally made a wholesome romance to a gruesome battle royal of yanderes, on a confession scene.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
I like almost anything instrumental. But lately I write to 'music box' type songs.

killwrites

Need motivation
I play TSFH songs on repeat while writing. Trust me, it makes you feel like you're writing the most epic story of your life just by listening to their music!

Okay

The Bored but Lazy
I prefer piano, mostly because I play it tho. Plus, a piano is more versatile, meaning it can play all sorts of pop songs and such, like a guitar. That’s why those two are said to be the easiest instruments, but it gets harder as the level gets higher and higher.

A violin, organ, or harpsichord, on the other hand, can’t play as much songs as the other two, because of their... more specialized sounds? Like for the harpsichord, it looks like a piano, but you can’t play with dynamics on it.

But that’s just my opinion on it tho, and don’t trust my words! I’m not completely sure, just read it somewhere!

Fun fact: Mozart wrote his songs for a harpsichord, so his songs are most suited for a harpsichord.

dvelasquez

I would say that epic music xD Which some times can have pianos, other times can have organs, and also mixes in other things like guitars, cellos, violins. Not sure about the Harpishcord, never listened to one to give an opinion of it xD

LilTV1155

Have you considered listening to violin, guqin, or tagelharpa instrumental? They can inspire epic.