Recommendations I need magic-like Doraemon

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
My childhood wonderment was given by Doraemon. I have reached an age where all positiveness of my early years has dried up. I am in need of some of those magic again to rekindle the brilliance of life.

Can you suggest me some manga/manhwa similar to Doraemon?

KrakenRiderEmma

Magical Taruruuto-kun (まじかる☆タルるートくん) aka Magical Taruruto.
It’s basically ecchi shonen Doraemon.

ACertainPassingUser

Just keep watching Doraemon 2D films, and ignore the usual show.

****​

The Nobita in films are smarter, heroic, and more noble than the usual episodic show. After lots of film and adventure, He's practically experienced at shooting as a galactic hero shooter who has been fighting against lots of Alien mobs, villains, and ancient soldiers in other movies before.

Doraemon films usually show adventure on strange lands where the Main cast can't do obvious mistake if they dont want to cause obvious danger. And the Friends such as Shizuka, Gian and Suneo is an active Ally in the adventure, instead of burden, or target of Nobita's intentional or unintentional victim of mischief.

***​

The only thing that bother me is how Giant and Suneo treatment to Nobita didn't change after the whole adventures. Those kind of Adventure is very draining and threatening, even for adult. And adventuring together with in unfamiliar places will increase your feeling of trust and friendship among the group.

Especially after in one film, Nobita lost his spirit pet doll who sacrificed her life to defeat her fated enemy to stop the calamity storm and as result, saves live of the whole valley.

Everyone from the otherworld enemy army and teh ally army who saw the whole thing already know the Strong relationship were Nobita with the spirit pet, and how Nobita scream in sadness because he don't want her to sacrifice her life.

It's even worse for Doraemon, Shizuka, Gian, and Suneo, as they have grown and raise the spirit pet from the day Nobita find it, and already saw the true depth of their relationship. It's practically seeing the person you know and have a close relationship dies in front of you.

The best and satisfying part of the movie is when Gian saw Nobita grieving his pet's death and currently can't fight, so Gian choose the Initiative to continue the main fight by aggressively chasing and finally shot down the escaping mastermind, after creatively using nearby Junk parts and using it as wind-sled-hoverboard.

The part afterwards were perfect, where after they're all going home and continue the school, Nobita friends talking about how Nobita finally recover from the death of his pet.

It's a good film honestly. It's just when I started to watch another film, Nobita is getting bullied again by Gian.

For a better view, Let me get this straight :
> You and your friends, including the weak one you bullied, just get into otherworldly adventure that was fun yet heavy and tiring.
> Because everyone has to work together. The whole group get to see whole world from another view and seeing everyone's the true color.
> You started to respect the one you bullied after he showed his hidden abilities that made him more useful that everyone.
> The one you bullied has a pet that everyone in the group liked because it's cute. The pet is even more useful in this strange otherworld, and you started to respect them both individually and as a master-pet relationship.
> You also fight a big battle against evil together, and unfortunately get the front seat of watching the cute pet you liked sacrifice herself to protect her master, her friends (including you), and all the people in the whole valley
> You saw the one you once bullied and now respected, is currently grieving for the loss of his pet, and you started to sympathize him
> The Villain is trying to run and The one you respect isn't going to move, so you put Initiative to shot him down after desperately finding scrapes you can use for wind-slide hoverboard
> The bullied one you respect now suffer deep loss, but he still manage to pull himself and go home with all your adventure friends.
> The bullied one you respect now finally recover after the whole exciting fun times, yet sad and traumatic affair of otherworld adventure.
> After all that happened You instinctively can no longer bully him like weak bug after seeing all the heroic deed he done and the deep loss he had. You will never forget the day of battle when you fight hard, when the pet chose to sacrifice herself, aslo when you chase and shot down the mastermind yourself.
> Nobita deserves the title of a true comrade, right ?!?!?
> [time passes after movie is over]
>
>
> New movie starts, and Nobita get bullied by Gian, again.
>> how the fuxk Gian just bully Nobita again after he recover and live normally ? Are you innately evil to just bully him again after all these dark times in battle ?

***​

Unlike the Nobita in the usual comedy show, who just a stupid 4th grader that get bullied a lot, but he's chasing after the childhood friend so much. And that stupid Nobita is messing around with 22nd century wonder of technology, and then Nobita getting more naughty, more greedy, and more foolish, to make sure Nobita cause a mess of that certain technology, even if the possibility of danger are too obvious.

And to make things more funny, don't forget to make sure Nobita doesn't learn from his mistake, so that he can make even worse mistake after Doraemon clear the mess up mid episode. Finally, make a funny conclusion after all the mess he's made.

The usual episodes can't really show progress as there's no real progression on the original manga itself.

nowme_cres

My childhood wonderment was given by Doraemon. I have reached an age where all positiveness of my early years has dried up. I am in need of some of those magic again to rekindle the brilliance of life.

desribe Doraemon

ACertainPassingUser

desribe Doraemon
From Wikipedia :

Doraemon (ドラえもん) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Fujiko F. Fujio. The manga was first serialized in December 1969, with its 1,345 individual chapters compiled into 45 tankōbon volumes and published by Shogakukan from 1970 to 1996. The story revolves around an earless robotic cat named Doraemon, who travels back in time from the 22nd century to aid a boy named Nobita Nobi.

GenreComedy,[1]science fiction[2], Time-Travel (by plot and sometimes episodes)(added by commentators)

Synopsis

Nobita Nobi is a ten-year-old Japanese school boy, who is kind-hearted and honest, but also lazy, unlucky, weak, gets bad grades and is bad at sports. One day, a robot cat from the 22nd century named Doraemon is sent back to the past by Nobita's future grandchild, Sewashi Nobi, to take care of Nobita so that his descendants can have a better life. Doraemon has a four-dimensional pouch in which he stores tools, inventions, and gadgets from the future to aid Nobita whenever he is faced with a problem. Although Doraemon is a cat robot, he has a fear of mice because of an incident where robotic mice chewed off his ears. This is why Doraemon lost his original yellow color and turned blue, from sadness.

Nobita has three main friends: Takeshi Goda (nicknamed Gian), Suneo Honekawa (Gian's sidekick), and Shizuka Minamoto, Nobita's best friend and love-interest. Gian is a strong, leading and domineering boy, but also loyal to his friends. Suneo is a wealthy and spoiled boy who uses his friendship with Gian to win the respect of other schoolmates. Shizuka is a gentle and kind girl who frequently plays with Nobita. Nobita has a crush on Shizuka; she is his prospective future wife (Nobita's future wife is initially Gian's younger sister). Although Gian and Suneo are Nobita's friends, they also typically bully and abuse him. Nobita normally responds by using Doraemon's gadgets to fight back against them, but Nobita has a tendency to get carried away with using the gadgets (or Gian and Suneo, if they steal it away), which typically results in unintended consequences for him and others.

In addition to Gian, Suneo, and Shizuka, Dorami and Hidetoshi Dekisugi (common name Dekisugi) are also recurring characters. Dorami is Doraemon's younger sister, and Dekisugi is a gifted student boy who as Shizuka's close friend, frequently attracts the jealousy of Nobita.

***​

D

Deleted member 54065

Mojacko is the closest I can think of, since it's also written by Fujiko Fuijo, though instead of a time-traveling cat-robot, you get a round alien with a long tongue and a violent robot (when drunk).
images (5).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Placeholder

> Can you suggest me some manga/manhwa similar to Doraemon?

I think you need to bust out the Miyazaki movies. Have you seen Porco Rosso?