I need some tips

A_LonelySister

Hello , I am writing a story for my first time and I need some tips about how to make a funny dialogue between the streamer and the audience and also how long should it be? Should I make a single chapter dedicated to the stream or make it shorter and add it to the chapter like :

Meanwhile in another part of the ..... Adam was starting his first stream.

Thank you to all who are giving me tips. Really appreciate it

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
Hello , I am writing a story for my first time and I need some tips about how to make a funny dialogue between the streamer and the audience and also how long should it be? Should I make a single chapter dedicated to the stream or make it shorter and add it to the chapter like :

Wait, am I the main character??? My penname is Red Adam 04 😂🤣

Joke aside. Let me introduce myself first.

I'm a writer of Wake Up series. Most of my projects are focused on comedy, action, fantasy, and misunderstandings.

If you wish to pique the interest of the readers, you should write it in fantasy.

Fantasy and Romance are the most profitable and attractive genre worldwide.

In case of dialogues, you must research first the culture that you wanted to convey.

And also, it is depend on your writing style.

First off, you have to create a plotline first.

Plotline will serve as your basis. The line of your story and character growth.

Second, the chapters shouldve more than 1,500 words. Thats the minimum for rookies.

Please note: Bear in mind, you can increase the output above 5,000 words in a single chapter.

Third, characters must have a distinctive personality. Stick with it. No matter what happens, you stick with it.

Thats why it is important to write a character list as your second basis too.

Last but not the least, every volume has a limit. Try to write at least more than 50,000 words for your first volume.

Note: Keep in mind. Readers want a readable, bearable, and clean grammar structure. They will drop it if you fail to meet their expectations. Thats why I advise to create a draft and proofread it first.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

If you can't do a certain thing in a story because of a lack of experience or lack of personal ability (such as your current conundrum), then it's best to either do research or find a creative way to dodge the problem. Preferably, you want the research option as it'll allow you to put more direct content out for your story. Especially if your MC is a Streamer. Knowing how they interact with their viewers, how they stream, the tools they use, and developing a proper "Streamer Personality" will make it feel more relatable, more real, and less flat.

As a previous Streamer, what you're looking for isn't actually a "Streamer". That's just a niche in the overall hobby. You're looking for an Entertainer. Someone who can rouse a crowd and keep their attention while they play a game or perform an activity. The difference with Streaming is that you're not face to face with people but you're more like a Sports Caster. You sit in your box with your cameras and talk to an audience, one that's actively engaging back with you via text, random audio clips, and donations.

How long it should be is up to you, but understand that 30 seconds of dialogue is a lot. Think of a casual conversation and how much time is spent just going back and forth. Now multiply that. Depending on how popular this guy is, he could have anywhere between 5 viewers and 5 thousand viewers, all vying for his attention at once. Most streamers read the text they're going to respond to, call out names, or remain on a specific topic for a certain amount of time before branching off again. If you're reading line by line, you can drown so it's a bit spicy sometimes.

What I would do in your case is head over to Twitch, find streamers that are in the same genre as your character, and have a look at what they're doing. If you're doing a Just Chatting dude, it'll be more dialogue but there's plenty to skip. If he's a gamer, there'll be less dialogue as he'll be focused on the game on and off (Game when Alive, Glance when Mobile/Unengaged, Focus Chat when Dead is a good rule of thumb).

Get comfortable with the overlays and some programs so you can add their functions to your story and then go from there. Get only as in depth as you need.

Have fun.

Tsuru

Robot
Depends

now chinese web novels already exhausted the potential about "live stream" for china, go try to read them to take inspiration.
They write the spectators react in real time with the MC.
Meanwhile jp is slower to use the livestream plot (few mangas too), and they put 1 whole chap for reactions of viewers compared to chinese WN

lawyer livestream
fortune teller livestream => now aesthetic fatigue, so they make the MC, a psychologist, doctor. He keep lying he isnt fortune teller (but of course spectators don't buy his lies). Its a reverse psychology move, on the rebellious psychology of humans.
livestream in other worlds
livestream survival
livestream testing food
etc etc
-----------------------------------
Here, one for example : https://www.ffxs8.com/dsyq/18644/

Lawyer Luo’s live broadcast of popularization of the law, are you acting as a joke player? (1-134)​

Author: Mingyue Yixue
Size: 1.08 MB
Time: 2023-08-08

introduction​

Luo Kai travels to the parallel world, binds the most popular system, and can get various strange items by lottery through the system.
So began the live broadcast of Zhang San's law popularization studio!
During the live broadcast, a viewer was randomly selected for free legal assistance, but unexpectedly, it became popular all over the Internet!
I'm live broadcasting the law, but my audience thinks I'm a joker? Listening to cross talk?
"Lawyer Luo, your jokes are so good that they sound better than cross talk. Wait? Were you just promoting the law?" "Every time
a lucky viewer is selected in the live broadcast room and executed in public!" "
I watched the video and got Luo Lawyer, slip away decisively, what is this? This is an emergency!"
"Lawyer Luo smiles, life or death is unpredictable!"
"Listening to what you say is better than ten years in prison!"...

---------------------
OR GO THERE : https://mtlnation.com/
lot of livestream chinese WNs mtl-translated
----------------
@A_LonelySister @J_Chemist
Recommendation favorite : https://mtlnation.com/novel/its-reasonable-for-a-psychiatrist-to-see-through-fate-right

Xu Xuan: Patient, you are...depressed!
Water Friends (Another streamer in call with MC) : Huh? Doctor Xu, don't fool me, when did I become depressed?
Xu Xuan: After about 5 minutes, you will find your boyfriend and see...
5 minutes later.
Streamer B: "I'm depressed!"
Spectators : Master fortune-telling is accurate!
Xu Xuan said lightly: How many times have I said ! I am a psychiatrist ! Not a fortune teller ! im-a-doctor!

Last edited:

A_LonelySister

Wait, am I the main character??? My penname is Red Adam 04 😂🤣

Joke aside. Let me introduce myself first.

I'm a writer of Wake Up series. Most of my projects are focused on comedy, action, fantasy, and misunderstandings.

If you wish to pique the interest of the readers, you should write it in fantasy.

Fantasy and Romance are the most profitable and attractive genre worldwide.

In case of dialogues, you must research first the culture that you wanted to convey.

And also, it is depend on your writing style.

First off, you have to create a plotline first.

Plotline will serve as your basis. The line of your story and character growth.

Second, the chapters shouldve more than 1,500 words. Thats the minimum for rookies.

Please note: Bear in mind, you can increase the output above 5,000 words in a single chapter.

Third, characters must have a distinctive personality. Stick with it. No matter what happens, you stick with it.

Thats why it is important to write a character list as your second basis too.

Last but not the least, every volume has a limit. Try to write at least more than 50,000 words for your first volume.

Note: Keep in mind. Readers want a readable, bearable, and clean grammar structure. They will drop it if you fail to meet their expectations. Thats why I advise to create a draft and proofread it first.
Thank you, the thing is I already started writing, I'm at the 6th chapter right now , I have a few readers and people who support me and I wanted to make the story better.
I know right now my story is not the best but I want to improve and bring my readers more enjoyable chapters
If you can't do a certain thing in a story because of a lack of experience or lack of personal ability (such as your current conundrum), then it's best to either do research or find a creative way to dodge the problem. Preferably, you want the research option as it'll allow you to put more direct content out for your story. Especially if your MC is a Streamer. Knowing how they interact with their viewers, how they stream, the tools they use, and developing a proper "Streamer Personality" will make it feel more relatable, more real, and less flat.

As a previous Streamer, what you're looking for isn't actually a "Streamer". That's just a niche in the overall hobby. You're looking for an Entertainer. Someone who can rouse a crowd and keep their attention while they play a game or perform an activity. The difference with Streaming is that you're not face to face with people but you're more like a Sports Caster. You sit in your box with your cameras and talk to an audience, one that's actively engaging back with you via text, random audio clips, and donations.

How long it should be is up to you, but understand that 30 seconds of dialogue is a lot. Think of a casual conversation and how much time is spent just going back and forth. Now multiply that. Depending on how popular this guy is, he could have anywhere between 5 viewers and 5 thousand viewers, all vying for his attention at once. Most streamers read the text they're going to respond to, call out names, or remain on a specific topic for a certain amount of time before branching off again. If you're reading line by line, you can drown so it's a bit spicy sometimes.

What I would do in your case is head over to Twitch, find streamers that are in the same genre as your character, and have a look at what they're doing. If you're doing a Just Chatting dude, it'll be more dialogue but there's plenty to skip. If he's a gamer, there'll be less dialogue as he'll be focused on the game on and off (Game when Alive, Glance when Mobile/Unengaged, Focus Chat when Dead is a good rule of thumb).

Get comfortable with the overlays and some programs so you can add their functions to your story and then go from there. Get only as in depth as you need.

Have fun.
Thank you for tips , It will really help me a lot

Redadam04

【Human Savant of True Almighty God】
Thank you, the thing is I already started writing, I'm at the 6th chapter right now , I have a few readers and people who support me and I wanted to make the story better.
I know right now my story is not the best but I want to improve and bring my readers more enjoyable chapters

Thank you for tips , It will really help me a lot
Its fine. Your first born child is your first step in the world of writing.

It will become your reference in the future for your next projects.

SallySally

You know, it's just astounding. I've got more unfinished manuscripts than I have pairs of socks. And I've been at this writing thing for years! I mean, my latest story? It's like a roller coaster designed by a toddler—wild, confusing, and full of unexpected loops! And let's not even talk about my grammar! I'm convinced my junior high school English teacher is rolling in her grave every time I misuse a semicolon. What's the deal with those, anyway? but here's a tip: If your streamer has been streaming for a while, consider incorporating inside jokes or recurring themes from their previous streams. These can create a sense of familiarity and humor for dedicated viewers.

A_LonelySister

You know, it's just astounding. I've got more unfinished manuscripts than I have pairs of socks. And I've been at this writing thing for years! I mean, my latest story? It's like a roller coaster designed by a toddler—wild, confusing, and full of unexpected loops! And let's not even talk about my grammar! I'm convinced my junior high school English teacher is rolling in her grave every time I misuse a semicolon. What's the deal with those, anyway? but here's a tip: If your streamer has been streaming for a while, consider incorporating inside jokes or recurring themes from their previous streams. These can create a sense of familiarity and humor for dedicated viewers.
Thank you for the tips