I will read your story and give reviews. (I am OatMush's disciple).

Sylver

*waves hand in the air*
Oo, oo, oo! I wanna go next, I wanna go next! A few warnings, my story is heavily smut based but the smut leads into the character development and romance. It's not just sex for the sake of sex, it has a reason to it. And currently, my story is in the first arc so the main plot has yet to fully begin. I take my time with developing the characters and their relationships because it will take a center focus in the story once things begin to turn serious.

I'd appreciate if you leave your review here in the replies! So far the story seems to attract attention but I worry that people will drop it before it gets serious, or that people would pass it off as another smut story when it's meant to be more than that. I understand smut isn't your thing so if you would rather pass or drop it after the first or second chapter, that's fine I guess. Smut has a negative reputation so I believe, but again I appreciate you taking your time for giving it a quick read if you can. Thank you :)

patrick_lansing

Hey! Interesting Idea bud. Could you review my novel Glitchborn. It's ongoing and I have a lot planned but would really like somebody to review it. It's in my signature. Also, leave a review on the novel itself.
Right on! I'm doing yours right now.
*waves hand in the air*
Oo, oo, oo! I wanna go next, I wanna go next! A few warnings, my story is heavily smut based but the smut leads into the character development and romance. It's not just sex for the sake of sex, it has a reason to it.
LMAO, didn't know there would be so much smut. But, I will give a review!

patrick_lansing

Hey! Interesting Idea bud. Could you review my novel Glitchborn. It's ongoing and I have a lot planned but would really like somebody to review it. It's in my signature. Also, leave a review on the novel itself.
Hello! I read till chapter 5 in your novel! That's awesome, but that's because your language is great.

However, right as I started, I felt the texture of the language overshadowed what was being said. What I mean is that I found it to contain so-called "purple prose". It's difficult to power through a lot of complex text as you want to bite into the meat of the story. It would still be fine if there was a breathing room for the reader to get less amount of information and more of what was happening.

As the challenges came in the second chapter, I felt the characters were once again overshadowed by the narrative. Which in itself isn't bad, but I just didn't get a place to hook on to. I would want a little spacing in the paragraphs. I would want ... more flow. Not between words, but the actions and the layout of the concepts.

Primarily, I get the sense of drama not only from the way something is presented and built up, but also from the characters themselves. Here, there is not enough narrative space for the characters to shine through. Questions never built up in my head. We are introduced to Gorak, and then we just move. Yet, I can't keep my finger on where we have been and where we are going. (Yes, to Ironfangs, but why? How is Ironfang relevant to my Protagonist?) That's not coming through.

I just think that the voice of the character isn't gelling with me. I can see why it may be a tiring read for many.

Again, these are my opinions. If you want more detailed analysis, I can give that. DM me.

Last edited:
Hello! I read till chapter 5 in your novel! That's awesome, but that's because your language is great.

However, right as I started, I felt the texture of the language overshadowed what was being said. What I mean is that I found it to contain so-called "purple prose". It's difficult to power through a lot of complex text as you want to bite into the meat of the story. It would still be fine if there was a breathing room for the reader to get less amount of information and more of what was happening.

As the challenges came in the second chapter, I felt the characters were once again overshadowed by the narrative. Which in itself isn't bad, but I just didn't get a place to hook on to. I would want a little spacing in the paragraphs. I would want ... more flow. Not between words, but the actions and the layout of the concepts.

Primarily, I get the sense of drama not only from the way something is presented and built up, but also from the characters themselves. Here, there is not enough narrative space for the characters to shine through. Questions never built up in my head. We are introduced to Gorak, and then we just move. Yet, I can't keep my finger on where we have been and where we are going. (Yes, to Ironfangs, but why? How is Ironfang relevant to my Protagonist?) That's not coming through.

I just think that the voice of the character isn't gelling with me. I can see why it may be a tiring read for many.

Again, these are my opinions. If you want more detailed analysis, I can give that. DM me.
Review received. Thanks for reading man. I'll take what you said into account. I mean, yeah, I do overshadow a lot. Once again, thanks for the review.

harrydouthwaite

Hi Patrick! I saw in another post that you love trains.

My story is centred around a preteen train enthusiast and his struggles in life. Feel free to take a look.

So far I believe I've polished as far as the sixth chapter. Beyond this you may encounter some minor errors or oversized paragraphs. A review on the story would be great, if you find it intriguing. Constructive criticism is good too, but please try to be nice as I suffer from the same sensory issues as my main character.

Feelings and Fondness

patrick_lansing

Hi Patrick! I saw in another post that you love trains.

My story is centred around a preteen train enthusiast and his struggles in life. Feel free to take a look.

So far I believe I've polished as far as the sixth chapter. Beyond this you may encounter some minor errors or oversized paragraphs. A review on the story would be great, if you find it intriguing. Constructive criticism is good too, but please try to be nice as I suffer from the same sensory issues as my main character.

Feelings and Fondness
I shall definitely go through it. I did glance through the first chapter, and so far, it's been a charming dialogue of two young boys, and rather bad teachers. Unfortunately, I'm swamped with year-end work. I will get back to it as soon as possible. But, you are in queue. So, it might be after new year that you get your review. Also, kindly tell me where I should leave that review.

harrydouthwaite

A review on the story page would work better, as I'd probably see it more quickly.

I am glad you like what you've seen so far.

Hello there!
I was browsing the forums and saw Mr. OatMush's thread. I loved the concept, and thought I should volunteer my own services in this way and fashion. To note, I will do the same and tell you where my attention broke, and where I dropped it. However, I won't be able to give you beta-reader type feedback - just my general impressions.

Here's my background:
I like classics. I like drama - but I don't like melodrama, although a little bit of tugging on heartstrings is fine.
I am a devoted fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, G.R.R. Martin, Robert Jordan, Sanderson, Joe Abercrombie, Patrick Rothfuss, Ursula le Guin, Octavia Butler, Frank Herbert - the usual suspects really. But, I like that sort of classical fantasy. I would like to read stuff based nearer to that than say xianxia, although wuxia is definitely a good favourite of mine (Ashes of Time, anyone?).

I also like movies - so if your novel is like the 36th Chamber of Shaolin, or Kill Bill, or Whiplash - hit me up.

Idea is courtesy OatMush.

PS. - I completely forgot to add - ... I don't really read WebNovels.
PPS. - Please do mention if I should leave a review AT your novel, or in this forum thread!
Can you leave a review on my book Mars? I'd love to know what your impression is like. Warning, it is gay smut but with plot. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/935643/mars-the-erotica/

patrick_lansing

Can you leave a review on my book Mars? I'd love to know what your impression is like. Warning, it is gay smut but with plot. https://www.scribblehub.com/series/935643/mars-the-erotica/
I may only read one chapter, in the interest of time. Currently, I have a huge backlog.
A review on the story page would work better, as I'd probably see it more quickly.

I am glad you like what you've seen so far.
As I haven't read your story long enough, I would not be able to review it on the story page. On comments and posts here, I shall. But, otherwise, I feel it will be an unfair review.

Last edited:

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Hey. I'll toss my recently completed story in since my new one isn't up. It *IS* smut, however all the NSFW chapters are listed as such. The prologue can be skipped without losing much of anything, really. It was just a call out to my other readers who read my other stories, to help tie it in.

The next NSFW chapter isn't until chapter 6, so 1-5 should be clean for you (it's more ecchi/slice of life jokes).

With these mentioned, if you're up for it it's in my sig - DragonBound. Edit: You can leave the review wherever, but having more reviews on the book itself would probably help me more for exposure :blob_okay:

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Hello there!
I was browsing the forums and saw Mr. OatMush's thread. I loved the concept, and thought I should volunteer my own services in this way and fashion. To note, I will do the same and tell you where my attention broke, and where I dropped it. However, I won't be able to give you beta-reader type feedback - just my general impressions.

Here's my background:
I like classics. I like drama - but I don't like melodrama, although a little bit of tugging on heartstrings is fine.
I am a devoted fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, G.R.R. Martin, Robert Jordan, Sanderson, Joe Abercrombie, Patrick Rothfuss, Ursula le Guin, Octavia Butler, Frank Herbert - the usual suspects really. But, I like that sort of classical fantasy. I would like to read stuff based nearer to that than say xianxia, although wuxia is definitely a good favourite of mine (Ashes of Time, anyone?).

I also like movies - so if your novel is like the 36th Chamber of Shaolin, or Kill Bill, or Whiplash - hit me up.

PPS. - Please do mention if I should leave a review AT your novel, or in this forum thread!
PPPS. - I don't know if I am the Smut guy.

This is an experimental take on the detective genre. Chapters are quite short, because I want to allow investigators a chance to ask for information.

harrydouthwaite

As I haven't read your story long enough, I would not be able to review it on the story page. On comments and posts here, I shall. But, otherwise, I feel it will be an unfair rereview.
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now. I'm okay with that.
I had another go at editing and saw there were a few things I overlooked. Initially I removed all the scene breaks but now I've put them back in, at least as far as the eighth chapter.

Thanks for this. Here's it is The Weaver - A Dark LitRPG Fantasy. I've also released it on Royal Road. It is a web novel in that I'm writing and releasing chapters until such a time as it becomes a book. Hope that doesn't put you off as I believe it is quite decent. Only two chapters out at the moment with a new one released every Friday.
I would prefer the review on the novel page. Maybe both if you have an account on RR and don't mind copy and pasting?

Really hope you enjoy it.

Geo_Dude

Hello there!

Here's my background:

PPPS. - I don't know if I am the Smut guy.
I posted some chapters for my story recently, I’m not really sure if this website is the right place to put it in but I have some faith. Please check it out if you any time and let me know in the forum how it is and what I might need to change.

Story link is here: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/914604/the-valenfrost-saga-a-progression-fantasy/

it’s a dark fantasy/Isekai story with horror elements and hard progression. A little slow to get into but I hope you can enjoy it.

cosmicslime

Hello
Hello there!

Here's my background:

PPPS. - I don't know if I am the Smut g

Right on! I'm doing yours right now.

LMAO, didn't know there would be so much smut. But, I will give a review!
Can you try mine? Its fine if you leave the review on the novel itself. Kinshura – The Impure Victor | Scribble Hub

Attachments

• Kinshura (2) (1).jpg
    Kinshura (2) (1).jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 12