I'm curious, what writing software do you (yes I mean you specially) use?

GabrielTenma

I've been writing in Google Docs for all three of my web novels. I've seen some stuff floating around about software that is more efficient for web novel writing, so I'm curious to hear what anyone and everyone's choice of writing software is!

Paid or Free, I need to know! Please!

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
I write in the scribblehub editor. I used to write in the wordpress editor until they broke it for me. Not sure what I'll use when I finally finish writing the web novel and decide to edit it down and make a light novel.

GabrielTenma

Docs. Most of my writing has been on my phone actually.
Good old Google Docs
Docs is the goat huh
I write in the scribblehub editor. I used to write in the wordpress editor until they broke it for me. Not sure what I'll use when I finally finish writing the web novel and decide to edit it down and make a light novel.
That's crazy! I'm curious though, how is that working out for you so far?

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
Docs is the goat huh
images (14).jpeg

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Microsoft Word (the 365 version). It's simple but honestly, anything will work so long as you can type it up and it won't disappear unexpectedly. Actually really great for a lot of reasons if you don't mind the subscription-based model. If you're a student then it becomes way cheaper.

Otherwise Google Docs is pretty much perfect. Doesn't cost anything either and can do what Word can do too. Plus you can add extensions/addons to Google Docs.

I just like Word because it's bundled with a bunch of other programs that I use alot, namely Powerpoint (actually blessing from the heavens).

Tempokai

Overworked One
Straight in the "new chapter" page. Occasionally I drop it into ProWritingAid to remove some errors I've made to copy and paste back into that page.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
yWriter7. It allows sorting by chapter, and scenes within the chapter, as well as keeping notes, characters, locations, etc, along with descriptions and histories. it's built in spell checker even runs through those lists, so it won't ping Alyce being improper from Alice, as long as Alyce is a registered character name.

Is this the power of a god? I've written on phone a good deal but I can't imagine it being the main way I would ever write something, I'd go crazy
agreed. I write on my phone, but just as a means of testing a new idea or exercising my creativity. never for something I actually intend to publish as is.