I'm curious, what writing software do you (yes I mean you specially) use?

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
It's you🙌

My main is docs, since I use my Android phone it's the most suitable one
Notepad++.
I once used that but later abandoned it after a update. It didn't sit well with me

How is it now

DaScoot

It's you🙌

My main is docs, since I use my Android phone it's the most suitable one

I once used that but later abandoned it after a update. It didn't sit well with me

How is it now

Feels pretty much the same to me now as a decade ago, maybe you were using some special plugins or something but I haven't noticed any major changes.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Grammarly Premium + Google Docs.
The latter is something that I think most of us use anyway because of convenience and ease of access. Plus it just works.

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
I use Notepad++.
It is hell.
Don’t be like me.
(Don’t get me wrong, it’s great for HTML work and general notes, but actually writing something that you’re going to have to format later in it is the one of the worst experiences ever.)

Obsoleteness

paint.png

That's why I reduced my upload schedule from 3 to 2 chapters a week. Yep, that's why :blob_whistle:

(Docs)

icey6

webnovel inkstone. don’t really know how i got to using it honestly.

Keene

Squat Enjoyer and Programmer
Used scrivener for a long time.
But ultimately I've always come back to google docs because it's so easily accessible from so many devices.

Cloww

Hi , hope im not to late to ask. I was using grammarly for spell check and grammar check, mostly tenses and stuff and recently started using writing pro aid? The free one you register with a google account. My English is not the best, so i was wondering if the corrections given by writing proaid or before this gramarly is correct?

Rokuro-Sama

I've been writing in Google Docs for all three of my web novels. I've seen some stuff floating around about software that is more efficient for web novel writing, so I'm curious to hear what anyone and everyone's choice of writing software is!

Paid or Free, I need to know! Please!

I use the free version of Microsoft word.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Sensible enough, I've seen plottr but I wondered if it was worth the money (Not like I'm gonna buy it). How much would you say it has helped you in your writing process??
It's kind of hard to say how much it's helped me with writing as I've been super focused on college since I got it (early B-Day gift last year) but it has helped a lot with keeping my notes organized and planning. Before this, I was using good old Windows Notepad with everything jumbled together but having things in their own sections that I can tag with specific characters, notes or places has been a bit helpful for for keeping track of where I want the story to go.

Plottr does have a free 30-day trial you can try along with novel templates based on writing techniques or authors. And it's pretty easy to figure out how to use. And it has dark mode.

And cause I'm a nerd and really like this program, here is an example of just how organized I have it right now for one of my stories. It could be more because you can add in individual sections for things you want to track for characters. But right now it's what book the character is in, the tags I feel appropriate (in this case race and bloodline), the "category" of character she is and whatever notes I want. You can also flip between different stories in the series if you have them added in and put in specific details about them in just that story.

Plottr_CharacterPage.png