In need of recommendations for worldgen from other people...

MoodyFoxCat

This thread may or may not be in the right category but here it is anyway

Note: I do not mind if there was actually another thread by someone because they got stuck with worldbuilding, if there's already one that exists, do provide a link so I can also check there and if they also have links to world generators that was already shared. Also if this thread needs to be removed or something because it's just a repeat, I understand.

Without further ado...

I am honestly stuck in my writing progress currently because I felt like an important need to form the world I am creating based on my story. However, I have yet to find that one particular world generator that I'm looking for that will help me fabricate the ideal geographical look I've been trying to come up with in my mind until now. If anyone wants to share links or something that could assist, feel free to put them here and I'll be sure to check it out and see.

the previous ones I searched up so far before making this thread were unfortunately not to my liking but they do have quite the variety of options I can mess around with to try and get a start on how it would look like. I will also let you know if I already been to that site before just in case because I already forgot the sites I've been to so I'll only remember by the visual looks instead.

Still, just share away and maybe I will find what I've been searching for. Thanks in advance.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Do you want it to fabricate it for you? or do you need tips on how to make an ideal world for yourself?

If it is the latter then this playlist might be of help: It talks about all levels of world creation starting from galaxies and solar systems and finishing up with geography and deposits of mineable resources.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Do you want it to fabricate it for you? or do you need tips on how to make an ideal world for yourself?

If it is the latter then this playlist might be of help: It talks about all levels of world creation starting from galaxies and solar systems and finishing up with geography and deposits of mineable resources.
That ain't worldbuilding no more man that's straight up a simulation

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Perhaps. But knowing where copper or Iron deposits usually occur did help me a lot in my worldbuilding. And there is another playlist where he is creating maps of such worlds based on the ideas presented in this playlist

MoodyFoxCat

Former really, but I suppose that playlist might come in handy if ever I want to check that.
Don't know if this what your looking for but here is one.

Already been there before, I didn't find what I was looking for though

Last edited:

Plantorsomething

This thread may or may not be in the right category but here it is anyway

Note: I do not mind if there was actually another thread by someone because they got stuck with worldbuilding, if there's already one that exists, do provide a link so I can also check there and if they also have links to world generators that was already shared. Also if this thread needs to be removed or something because it's just a repeat, I understand.

Without further ado...

I am honestly stuck in my writing progress currently because I felt like an important need to form the world I am creating based on my story. However, I have yet to find that one particular world generator that I'm looking for that will help me fabricate the ideal geographical look I've been trying to come up with in my mind until now. If anyone wants to share links or something that could assist, feel free to put them here and I'll be sure to check it out and see.

the previous ones I searched up so far before making this thread were unfortunately not to my liking but they do have quite the variety of options I can mess around with to try and get a start on how it would look like. I will also let you know if I already been to that site before just in case because I already forgot the sites I've been to so I'll only remember by the visual looks instead.

Still, just share away and maybe I will find what I've been searching for. Thanks in advance.
I haven’t found any generators that satisfied me, but this guy called Artecixian has a ton of really easily digestible animated videos about how to make a realistic world for yourself. Here’s one for biomes that I found especially helpful.
He pretty much did a vid on every subject you would need to know for world building science-wise in my opinion, and also languages, but I’m not as interested in that.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

The one I use when I need a random map. Has a goodly number of tools and editing stuff and its constantly being updated. Been updated three separate times in the last two months with new additions. You can download a desktop version of it that will run even without an internet connection but I forget how. Look it up.

MoodyFoxCat

I haven’t found any generators that satisfied me, but this guy called Artecixian has a ton of really easily digestible animated videos about how to make a realistic world for yourself. Here’s one for biomes that I found especially helpful.
He pretty much did a vid on every subject you would need to know for world building science-wise in my opinion, and also languages, but I’m not as interested in that.
Duly noted with this link.

The one I use when I need a random map. Has a goodly number of tools and editing stuff and its constantly being updated. Been updated three separate times in the last two months with new additions. You can download a desktop version of it that will run even without an internet connection but I forget how. Look it up.
I might consider this as a backup or an extra to try and reconnect the one I'm already going for as part of the world I'm imagining, better use it while it's there after all.