In this particular platform, are most readers really so silent?

PandaSempai

Strange though, I experienced all of these in RoyalRoad, than in WebNovel.
Really? Are you writing an original? If you're writing a fanfic, I'm sure you'll experience what I'm saying in webnovel just after a few days of publishing a chapter. If you post some fanfics about MCU, DC, DxD, Danmachi, One Piece, Naruto, and DBZ, I'm sure you'll quickly gather the attention of those "whiny bitches".

ForestDweller

I could relate to that. Most of the readers there would nitpick at something I wrote. It was great that they are nitpicking at something I wrote since I honestly want to see if I did something wrong in my story. However, most of the time, they would ask some questions that should've been answered if they only read the novel carefully.

Yeah. It's especially annoying if after you respond to their complain, they don't respond back immediately, only to post the same complain again in a later chapter.

Why do you say that? Did you get more readers early on?

Because I'm still around 80 and I already got 13 reviews.

PandaSempai

Yeah. It's especially annoying if after you respond to their complain, they don't respond back immediately, only to post the same complain again in a later chapter.

Because I'm still around 80 and I already got 13 reviews.
That's nice. *sniff*. Damn, I'm definitely not jealous.

ForestDweller

Meh. I only ever add stuff due to comments. My original ideas dont really change but i will provide a but of fan service or take an idea and go "it was my idea all along to do that~"" and slap hands with them in spirit.

That said i kinda get sick of seeing the thanks for the chapter comments. Its all in good will but its just one of those things you get tired of. I go check out the comment and wonder what its about when i get the alert, then get disappointed and feel i wasted seconds of my life cuz its just a thank you.

I never complain about them tho and always give them a like.

Yeah, I'm grateful for them, but at the same time, I'm disappointed as well.

I sometimes like them, I sometimes not, depending on my mood.

D

Deleted member 29316

Really? Are you writing an original? If you're writing a fanfic, I'm sure you'll experience what I'm saying in webnovel just after a few days of publishing a chapter. If you post some fanfics about MCU, DC, DxD, Danmachi, One Piece, Naruto, and DBZ, I'm sure you'll quickly gather the attention of those "whiny bitches".
Yeah, it's an original.

But they alleged that it's unoriginal because it's isekai. And the reviewer told me that he'd consider reading it again once I made changes to the character.

Of course I didn't give in. So I took down my story from RR and posted somewhere else.

It's around that time when I encountered WebNovel, Inkitt, and Booklat. However, Inkitt is geared towards a female audience, while Booklat is for Filipino (Tagalog) language-stories, so I concentrated on WebNovel and Wattpad.

It's only recently that I got to know ScribbleHub, that's why there's a huge backlog of chapters between my story in Webnovel and Scribblehub.

PandaSempai

Yeah, it's an original.

But they alleged that it's unoriginal because it's isekai. And the reviewer told me that he'd consider reading it again once I made changes to the character.

Of course I didn't give in. So I took down my story from RR and posted somewhere else.

It's around that time when I encountered WebNovel, Inkitt, and Booklat. However, Inkitt is geared towards a female audience, while Booklat is for Filipino (Tagalog) language-stories, so I concentrated on WebNovel and Wattpad.

It's only recently that I got to know ScribbleHub, that's why there's a huge backlog of chapters between my story in Webnovel and Scribblehub.
That's why. In any platform, it's really hard to gather some audience. And, after gathering a good amount of audience, you have to bother with the engaging to a conversation with a completely unreasonable reader.

If anything, the silence in this platform is a kind of good thing since it's a kind of great environment to write peacefully.

D

Deleted member 29316

If there's anything I like about WebNovel, it's the statistics. Though I don't know if it's true or not. I got 102k views there, 240+ readers, 4 reviews, and a lot of comments and interactions in some chapters. (I take time to talk to my readers)

For ScribbleHub, what I liked in here is the ability to put images in the chapters. Feels more of a LN than in Webnovel. And the platform felt like a chill version of RoyalRoad.

Plus the Glossary.

Wattpad is meh. Not good and not bad, in my experience.

Btw, I use Inkitt to format my chapters, but I don't publish my stories there.

ForestDweller

If there's anything I like about WebNovel, it's the statistics. Though I don't know if it's true or not. I got 102k views there, 240+ readers, 4 reviews, and a lot of comments and interactions in some chapters. (I take time to talk to my readers)

For ScribbleHub, what I liked in here is the ability to put images in the chapters. Feels more of a LN than in Webnovel. And the platform felt like a chill version of RoyalRoad.

Plus the Glossary.

I despise how you have to log in to read on Wattpad.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Fanfic section is just infested with those people. It's kinda like going into war when you're about to post a chapter. You have to wear a full kevlar vest and helmet so that you are ready for those blasted hate comments. Thankfully, I have yet to write a single 'controversial' chapter. Haha
What is your story btw?
Also damn i dunno that sounds FUN. I love putting down unreasonable salty assholes. Its, like, a person's obligation to do so in my opinion.

I've never written fanfictions myself. Did want to at one point tho. A Star Wars one maybe.

Lol talking about this reminds me of a recent chapter i put out for my main story. So get this, one guy said, "dont tempt me me dude, a Mary Mindbreak scene sounds delicious and you best not think i wont make one myself if you dont. Dont go playing with my feelings now."

And i was, "alright make one then. I wanna see it"
"Fine. I will"
"Good. Do it. Bet you wont "
"Bitch, bet."

And he did. Was kinda surprised. Lol. He actually did a fanfic chapter. For a mindbreak scene. Tho it ended up wayyy more wholesome a scene. He even consulted me over it and i edited in the appropriate reactions so the characters seem right. Was pretty good. I released that chapter as a "special" chapter later on. Now he's working on a sexy xenomorph babe chapter with me for when the MC goes and has space adventures. He also made a chapter of MC's sexy mother pushing him down and fucking him that i will also release sometime later. Its funny cuz thats exactly what she'd do, the filthy soncon...and she's a married woman smh

It may be worth noting it all started as an Otome game, isekai, reincarnation story. And became a smutty, adult novel, xianxia mishmash of all the above genres. So when i say its a crazy story, i mean it.

Mary is one of the heroines, see (the mother of MC' fiance)and is a thiccc sexy milf World Tree spirit but she found out some female Angels and Goddesses are after the MC's dick cuz they yandere thots in love with his previous life's self. So she thought, "i gotta send him away for his own good" and the MC heard that and was like, "i gotta mindbreak her so she cant live without my cock and therforedoesnt do something stupid like that when i leave" in a kinda semi-joking way. And see he HAS to leave so that he can bring over some space ships to evacuate the planet so he can blow it up and kill the angels(who are his daughters from a past life of his, so they're INCESTUOUS yandere thots)in the explosion while they are distracted having sex with a clone of his. They raped him in front of Mary and hurt her wrists so OBVIOUSLY he has to kill them and he cant fight them equally so the whole planet has to go boom. And Mary is the only one who can send him off so he's gotta stop her from trying anything sneaky like sending him far away to escape the goddesses who will come later on

Anyway lotsa readers were thirstin for a proper mindbreak scene featuring their favorite milf tree spirit so i been working on that. Smh. Its a bit hard working hard, know what im sayin?

PandaSempai

Plus the Glossary.

How do you add pictures in a chapter? I don't quite get how that thing works.

D

Deleted member 29316

How do you add pictures in a chapter? I don't quite get how that thing works.
I upload the images in Imgur, then copy-paste the Direct Link on the part where I wanted it to appear.

It's easier done in a desktop or laptop. The phone's kind of confusing.

PandaSempai

What is your story btw?
Also damn i dunno that sounds FUN. I love putting down unreasonable salty assholes. Its, like, a person's obligation to do so in my opinion.

I've never written fanfictions myself. Did want to at one point tho. A Star Wars one maybe.

Lol talking about this reminds me of a recent chapter i put out for my main story. So get this, one guy said, "dont tempt me me dude, a Mary Mindbreak scene sounds delicious and you best not think i wont make one myself if you dont. Dont go playing with my feelings now."

And i was, "alright make one then. I wanna see it"
"Fine. I will"
"Good. Do it. Bet you wont "
"Bitch, bet."

And he did. Was kinda surprised. Lol. He actually did a fanfic chapter. For a mindbreak scene. Tho it ended up wayyy more wholesome a scene. He even consulted me over it and i edited in the appropriate reactions so the characters seem right. Was pretty good. I released that chapter as a "special" chapter later on. Now he's working on a sexy xenomorph babe chapter with me for when the MC goes and has space adventures. He also made a chapter of MC's sexy mother pushing him down and fucking him that i will also release sometime later. Its funny cuz thats exactly what she'd do, the filthy soncon...and she's a married woman smh

It may be worth noting it all started as an Otome game, isekai, reincarnation story. And became a smutty, adult novel, xianxia mishmash of all the above genres. So when i say its a crazy story, i mean it.

Mary is one of the heroines, see (the mother of MC' fiance)and is a thiccc sexy milf World Tree spirit but she found out some female Angels and Goddesses are after the MC's dick cuz they yandere thots in love with his previous life's self. So she thought, "i gotta send him away for his own good" and the MC heard that and was like, "i gotta mindbreak her so she cant live without my cock and therforedoesnt do something stupid like that when i leave" in a kinda semi-joking way. And see he HAS to leave so that he can bring over some space ships to evacuate the planet so he can blow it up and kill the angels(who are his daughters from a past life of his, so they're INCESTUOUS yandere thots)in the explosion while they are distracted having sex with a clone of his. They raped him in front of Mary and hurt her wrists so OBVIOUSLY he has to kill them and he cant fight them equally so the whole planet has to go boom. And Mary is the only one who can send him off so he's gotta stop her from trying anything sneaky like sending him far away to escape the goddesses who will come later on

Anyway lotsa readers were thirstin for a proper mindbreak scene featuring their favorite milf tree spirit so i been working on that. Smh. Its a bit hard working hard, know what im sayin?
Hahaha, I totally get you. Although, it's kinda great since you have a budget co-author for writing those kinds of stuffs.

About my story, it's a pretty chill and lax Slice of Life fanfiction about Highschool DxD, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Kobayashi no Dragon Maid, Gabriel DropOut, and Masamune-kun no Revenge. I was thinking of writing that story for fun at first but I can't help but put more and more effort into it until it turned out into a story where it contains more than the 2000 word count I set myself. I even wrote a plot for it, for good measure. Hahaha

PandaSempai

Yeah, I think any image hosting site would work.

In any case, for smexy works, I just don't public my illustrations.
That so? I tried using google drive but it was completely confusing. I'll try it out on a desktop next time.

D

Deleted member 29316

That so? I tried using google drive but it was completely confusing. I'll try it out on a desktop next time.
Yeah, Google Drive is confusing as heck. Someone from WebNovel suggested it to me, but it got me frustrated, then I found Imgur.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Hahaha, I totally get you. Although, it's kinda great since you have a budget co-author for writing those kinds of stuffs.

About my story, it's a pretty chill and lax Slice of Life fanfiction about Highschool DxD, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Kobayashi no Dragon Maid, Gabriel DropOut, and Masamune-kun no Revenge. I was thinking of writing that story for fun at first but I can't help but put more and more effort into it until it turned out into a story where it contains more than the 2000 word count I set myself. I even wrote a plot for it, for good measure. Hahaha
Just from your choice of anime alone it sounds GLORIOUS