In this particular platform, are most readers really so silent?

PandaSempai

Just from your choice of anime alone it sounds GLORIOUS
Lol. Not really. Haven't even reached his teenage years yet. I was actually planning on adding To Love-Ru at first for the extraterrestrials, but decided against it. In the end, I just noted the idea of writing a To Love-Ru fanfic for future reference. Maybe I'll mix it with Doraemon, Bofuri, Infinite Dendro, and SAO? Idk, it's just an idea and I want to focus on my very first FF.

ForestDweller

What is your story btw?
Also damn i dunno that sounds FUN. I love putting down unreasonable salty assholes. Its, like, a person's obligation to do so in my opinion.

I've never written fanfictions myself. Did want to at one point tho. A Star Wars one maybe.

Lol talking about this reminds me of a recent chapter i put out for my main story. So get this, one guy said, "dont tempt me me dude, a Mary Mindbreak scene sounds delicious and you best not think i wont make one myself if you dont. Dont go playing with my feelings now."

And i was, "alright make one then. I wanna see it"
"Fine. I will"
"Good. Do it. Bet you wont "
"Bitch, bet."

And he did. Was kinda surprised. Lol. He actually did a fanfic chapter. For a mindbreak scene. Tho it ended up wayyy more wholesome a scene. He even consulted me over it and i edited in the appropriate reactions so the characters seem right. Was pretty good. I released that chapter as a "special" chapter later on. Now he's working on a sexy xenomorph babe chapter with me for when the MC goes and has space adventures. He also made a chapter of MC's sexy mother pushing him down and fucking him that i will also release sometime later. Its funny cuz thats exactly what she'd do, the filthy soncon...and she's a married woman smh

It may be worth noting it all started as an Otome game, isekai, reincarnation story. And became a smutty, adult novel, xianxia mishmash of all the above genres. So when i say its a crazy story, i mean it.

Mary is one of the heroines, see (the mother of MC' fiance)and is a thiccc sexy milf World Tree spirit but she found out some female Angels and Goddesses are after the MC's dick cuz they yandere thots in love with his previous life's self. So she thought, "i gotta send him away for his own good" and the MC heard that and was like, "i gotta mindbreak her so she cant live without my cock and therforedoesnt do something stupid like that when i leave" in a kinda semi-joking way. And see he HAS to leave so that he can bring over some space ships to evacuate the planet so he can blow it up and kill the angels(who are his daughters from a past life of his, so they're INCESTUOUS yandere thots)in the explosion while they are distracted having sex with a clone of his. They raped him in front of Mary and hurt her wrists so OBVIOUSLY he has to kill them and he cant fight them equally so the whole planet has to go boom. And Mary is the only one who can send him off so he's gotta stop her from trying anything sneaky like sending him far away to escape the goddesses who will come later on

Anyway lotsa readers were thirstin for a proper mindbreak scene featuring their favorite milf tree spirit so i been working on that. Smh. Its a bit hard working hard, know what im sayin?

Wow, having people write fanfictions of your story are a great honor. Congratulations. (y)

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i wouldnt say readers are silent. quieter, yes, but that can be a good thing sometimes. a large chunk of SH members have come over from NU so the generally good culture there flows over to here.

Though i'm not sure how frequented fanfics are on here as i dont go anywhere near them myself so it could just be fanfics are quiet on this site or who knows.

KyoruS

Just want to add my opinion here. If you really want the readers to put down comments then why not encourage them to do so? Leave an author note saying that you love to hear back from readers regarding their thoughts and feedback about how the story goes. Or even leave a comment, if you think author notes aren't so great.

I did both of those and it result in few comments popping up in some of my chapters.

PandaSempai

i wouldnt say readers are silent. quieter, yes, but that can be a good thing sometimes. a large chunk of SH members have come over from NU so the generally good culture there flows over to here.

Though i'm not sure how frequented fanfics are on here as i dont go anywhere near them myself so it could just be fanfics are quiet on this site or who knows.
Really? Hmm, you do have a point though. I myself don't go near original novels unless it's right up my alley. It's more about preferences than anything, though.

PandaSempai

Just want to add my opinion here. If you really want the readers to put down comments then why not encourage them to do so? Leave an author note saying that you love to hear back from readers regarding their thoughts and feedback about how the story goes. Or even leave a comment, if you think author notes aren't so great.

I did both of those and it result in few comments popping up in some of my chapters.
That does sound like a good plan. Although, in my experience of doing that, they would just say "Thanks for the Chapter!" and be done with it. The one who would often comment are those who comments at every chapter without you telling them to.