Indomitable human spirit.

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
I quite enjoy it. Whether it should win or not really depends on the situation. If you’re going to use it as some kind of catch-all plot armor, then no. If it’s a big moment that only happens once, maybe twice? Then go for it, that’s awesome.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
Yeti of the snowy mountains! :blob_aww: I usually like to watch it burn, but I also enjoy it when it wins, so it depends. I guess a well-deserved win works, but when it always wins because I don't know, it has to, uh, it's like, why? People fail all the time, even your preepy butt should do to.

SailusGebel

I like it. Protagonist without it are not likable. Should it win? I see no should.
Perseverance or not, sometimes we do not reach our goals. Humans die.
A man dying after having done everything he could is beautiful.
I quite enjoy it. Whether it should win or not really depends on the situation. If you’re going to use it as some kind of catch-all plot armor, then no. If it’s a big moment that only happens once, maybe twice? Then go for it, that’s awesome.
Yeti of the snowy mountains! :blob_aww: I usually like to watch it burn, but I also enjoy it when it wins, so it depends. I guess a well-deserved win works, but when it always wins because I don't know, it has to, uh, it's like, why? People fail all the time, even your preepy butt should do to.
I expected people to delve deep into fatalism, philosophy, metaphors, and other stuff, so your lighter takes are very pleasant to see. Thank you and have a cookie. :blob_gift: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:

AYM

‼️ dinner demons and upcoming dessert ‼️
I expected people to delve deep into fatalism, philosophy, metaphors, and other stuff, so your lighter takes are very pleasant to see. Thank you and have a cookie. :blob_gift: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:
Difference in literature.

3guanoff

I wrote some poems about fatalism. Personally, I think the concept of fate is deeply disturbing. The thought of being nothing but a thread in a larger tapestry, seeing the threads around you tangling and forming intricate patterns, only to be cut off and replaced eventually... The helplessness is not comforting to me.
Of course, humans can be helpless, but hope is beautiful. Drive is divine to behold. Acceptance looks too dull to me.
I could not stand living in a world populated solely by fatalists.

@AYM
I do love Russian literature! Some of my favorite authors. Dostoevsky is a maestro.
"Ко всемуто подлец-человек привыкает!"

Last edited:

SailusGebel

I wrote some poems about fatalism. Personally, I think the concept of fate is deeply disturbing. The thought of being nothing but a thread in a larger tapestry, seeing the threads around you tangling and forming intricate patterns, only to be cut off and replaced eventually... The helplessness is not comforting to me.
Of course, humans can be helpless, but hope is beautiful. Drive is divine to behold. Acceptance looks too dull to me.
I could not stand living in a world populated solely by fatalists.
You can share your poems here. https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/envys-poem-thread.14677/ Me and a couple other SH peeps will ejnoy reading them.

And I like your views.

Jerynboe

You need indomitable human spirit to accomplish anything worth doing and have it feel satisfying. So the question is if they have all the other things that they need? If they don’t, how to they deal with that? What partial victories are possible, or is it a tragedy where their stubbornness gets them and all their friends killed?
That last one sounds depressing, but probably happens more often than not irl. Of course, what is the point of a story where someone bashes their head against the wall until they die to no purpose? There has to be more or you find yourself asking why *these people* were chosen to focus on.

Anemic_Vampire

🌻Currently Hibernating🌹
Well, I like it when human spirit wins. Although, is it necessary that you are only referring to the good guys? What about someone like Light?
wallpaperflare.com_wallpaper.jpg

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
All memes and jokes aside. Do you like it in stories? Do you use it yourself when writing? Lastly, the question that interests me the most. Should it win? Should a human spirit persevere in the face of fate and win, or should it lose?
Depends on context. Although often times it comes off as narcissistic when a person or small group claims that or decides to put the fate of humanity in their hands.