Insomnia Gang

FluffyGamma

You probably shouldn't be reading this right now =w=
But if you're like me, you have problems sleeping.

Ya know what I do when I can't sleep, I become a nuisance to all my friends and have weird ideas like what would happen if you forced a nuclear blast through a pin point funnel where a tungsten rod sat. Hmmmmm.

OR OR
What old bananas tasted like before they were genetically brought back from extinction.

OR×3
How cuddly a Siberian white tiger would be to sleep with. All curled up and protected in those beefy ass limbs that are probably bigger than my torso.

What do you think of when you can't sleep? Cause I know my thoughts are dangerously close to insanity ^~^.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
Chamomile tea with melatonin, my best answer to insomnia. 🍵🫖
Also decaffeinated green tea with the addition of soluble chamomile tea.

Reactions: AYM

Jemini

It's the middle of the day here. :blob_salute:
I probably have a similar time zone to Fluffy, but I work night shift, so my place in my sleep schedule is likely closer to yours.

On that subject, even though I sleep during the daytime as per a night-shift work schedule, I rarely have much trouble sleeping.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way...

Ya know what I do when I can't sleep, I become a nuisance to all my friends and have weird ideas like what would happen if you forced a nuclear blast through a pin point funnel where a tungsten rod sat. Hmmmmm.

You've probably already considered this with how specific the parameters here are, but isn't this just a spark plug/piston chamber taken to extreme levels? I'd say the more complex part of this consideration is how to build the piston chamber such that it wouldn't just get ripped wide open by the blast, but assuming you actually can build the chamber properly I'd say there's no actual question as to what would happen. It'd just drive the tungsten rod with extreme force.

The real question is WTF do you do with THAT much force?!

Last edited:

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I usually rattle through stories. Then I hate myself, because when I stumble upon a scene I still have or want to write, I know I will forget what I had in mind and never remember, thus regret it forever if I don't immediately write it down. Which is why I will take my phone and note it.
It's actually a downward spiral.
It's the middle of the day here. :blob_salute:
Same here. Though it's pretty early, not yet 12 pm. :blob_cookie:

D

Deleted member 54065

Chamomile tea with melatonin, my best answer to insomnia. 🍵🫖
Also decaffeinated green tea with the addition of soluble chamomile tea.
This is effective. I often use this to get myself some good sleep.

What? You thought I'm here to insult @Jemini ? Actually, it's...
me-dio.jpg

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
I have the opposite problem—sleeping too much.
If I'm not careful, I can sleep up to 14 hours straight, and it will ruin the sleeping schedule for the whole week for me.

D

Deleted member 54065

I have the opposite problem—sleeping too much.
If I'm not careful, I can sleep up to 14 hours straight, and it will ruin the sleeping schedule for the whole week for me.
You're prolly demotivated or too tired with something. In any case, it's not bad to spoil yourself sometimes.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Do look up the fastest manmade object, on Youtube or somewhere else. Not quite what you're asking for, but probably close enough?

What do you think of when you can't sleep? Cause I know my thoughts are dangerously close to insanity ^~^.
My thoughts tend to wander when I can't sleep. I end up thinking about virtually everything, including many weird things, though what exactly it is isn't exactly easy to remember since I'm usually either half asleep or just occupying myself with idle thoughts at that point.

Also it's 11:59 pm here as of me writing this.

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
You're prolly demotivated or too tired with something. In any case, it's not bad to spoil yourself sometimes.
Not at all.
On a normal night, I can sleep up to that amount if I don't have anything to do.
And yeah, I want to sleep a lot sometimes, but it just feels wrong for some reason.
I guess this is what you would call 'the fear of missing out'.

D

Deleted member 54065

Not at all.
On a normal night, I can sleep up to that amount if I don't have anything to do.
And yeah, I want to sleep a lot sometimes, but it just feels wrong for some reason.
I guess this is what you would call 'the fear of missing out'.
Ah, just chill and relax. There are things you can let sort themselves out, so take things at your pace. If no one's badly affected if you sleep a lot, you deserved it, so sleep long.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?

OR OR
What old bananas tasted like before they were genetically brought back from extinction.

OR×3
How cuddly a Siberian white tiger would be to sleep with. All curled up and protected in those beefy ass limbs that are probably bigger than my torso.
I can positively say that you can have wonderful sleep and still think about such things, I always take like an hour to start sleeping and can't start sleeping again after I woke up, am I in the insomnia gang? Ignoring the fact that my eyes are bloody because I never close them.

DemonOppai

Yandere’s Lover Corpse Collector
Even in my dreams I’m awake
Even in my dreams I’m awake

FluffyGamma

I can positively say that you can have wonderful sleep and still think about such things, I always take like an hour to start sleeping and can't start sleeping again after I woke up, am I in the insomnia gang? Ignoring the fact that my eyes are bloody because I never close them.
Actually, yes. That is a common symptom of insomnia owo.

My own fluctuates from being unable to sleep, unable to sleep for long, or sleeping for so long 24 hours has actually passed because I kept just going back to sleep after waking up for 5 minutes.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Actually, yes. That is a common symptom of insomnia owo.

My own fluctuates from being unable to sleep, unable to sleep for long, or sleeping for so long 24 hours has actually passed because I kept just going back to sleep after waking up for 5 minutes.
Apparently I'm in the insomnia gang, isn't a big surprise but well it's not my problem.

Jemini

The answer to all problems.
Extreme orbital bombing.

While that sounds like a good use if you don't think about it too hard, as soon as you put some actual reasoning to it you realize this is probably the single worst use of that kind of technology imaginable.

All the nuke would do is accelerate it, and probably even damage it through melting some parts of it and damaging it's structural integrity. Then, once it gets into the atmosphere, air resistance will slow it down to it's terminal velocity. The exact same falling speed it would have had anyway if you'd just gravity dropped it.

So, all this manages to do is waste energy, reduce the structural integrity of the rod, and increase the chances some parts of it will break off before hitting it's target.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I struggle with insomnia, was using melatonin for a long time but just wasn't working well anymore. Started using zzzquil. If it's avaliable where you live that's what'd I use. Unlike melatonin where get I drowsy before falling asleep, with the zzquil I'll just be chilling I'm bed thinking about stuff and then just suddenly fall asleep without any warning

FluffyGamma

While that sounds like a good use if you don't think about it too hard, as soon as you put some actual reasoning to it you realize this is probably the single worst use of that kind of technology imaginable.

All the nuke would do is accelerate it, and probably even damage it through melting some parts of it and damaging it's structural integrity. Then, once it gets into the atmosphere, air resistance will slow it down to it's terminal velocity. The exact same falling speed it would have had anyway if you'd just gravity dropped it.

So, all this manages to do is waste energy, reduce the structural integrity of the rod, and increase the chances some parts of it will break off before hitting it's target.
You just explained why Murica doesn't need all it's tax dollars in military spending. Lol. So much wasted energy when we could probably just blow the world up anyway with what we have

Also, a galactic shotgun sounds sick as hell

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
You probably shouldn't be reading this right now =w=
But if you're like me, you have problems sleeping.
You got beaten into a coma and have damage to the hypothalamus too?
Provigil. Normally it's used to treat narcolepsy, but when you have chronic insomnia, it replaces the missing enzymes you need to be able to fall asleep. Make sure to wear a hat as you need to raise the temp of your brain by about 1-2 degrees, then you'll pass right out.
Not much, because it depends on how much you can force through the pinhole at once. At most, you'd most likely have a pinhole like say from your average pinhole camera, so your surface area is .056 sq mm.

Let's say the bomb is in a sphere that won't be destroyed, so we have one pinhole... err... .0045% of the surface area. We put a 1-inch 3-foot long rod up against it... no barrel so no additional muzzle velocity... maximum amount of energy that will go through... assuming a Hiroshima-type bomb... 270,000,000 joules would be a safe bet so a 17.11 pound tungsten rod will reach 18,600 miles per hour

However, that's assuming no friction. Plus this was near sea level. So, in reality, it'd most likely go no faster than 7 times the speed of sound or 5,400 MPH Assuming it didn't just turn into a gas. Land about... 3.09 miles away, Me thinks.

OR OR
Awful. They had seeds. Yuck.

OR×3
Very.

What do you think of when you can't sleep?
How my father never loved me and everything I did was to gain the approval of a man who was completely dead inside.

Cause I know my thoughts are dangerously close to insanity ^~^.
You don't say...