Is it normal for readers to not favourite your chapter?

Lord_Drakonus

Connoisseur of Degeneracy
Hi, I'm quite new around here. But I've been wondering, I have a novel, and it's reached around 600 chapter views overall. But so far, only one person has favourited a chapter of mine. Other than that one person, I favourite my own chapters(Yes, it's kinda pathetic). So I'm wondering if it's the same for other new authors as well.

Mihou

Firefly—
It is quite normal for people to favorite their own chapters as well as one person only favoriting your chapters, after all, you are still at 600 chapter views. If you wait it out a little bit, probably around 10,000 total chapter views, you'll probably get even more.

Last edited:

TRNRLogan

Yes. I almost never favorite chapters. I'm sure there are MANY people who never do.

Riese

Just a writer for fun
Most people that would most likely favorite your chapters are maybe loyal readers or others that found it very good.
This is just my opinion though and btw i favorite all the chapters that i read :blob_evil_two:

Lord_Drakonus

It is quite normal for people to favorite their own chapters as well as one person only favoriting your chapters, after all, you are still at 600 chapter views. If you wait it out a little bit, probably around 10,000 chapter views, you'll probably get even more.

Ah, I see. Not gonna lie, it was pretty disheartening when I saw no one favouriting my chapters. Since when I was writing on other websites such as Wattpad and Royal Road, people usually do favourite my chapters, even if it's only 4 or 5 people.

Samuel_Spader

Ah, I see. Not gonna lie, it was pretty disheartening when I saw no one favouriting my chapters. Since when I was writing on other websites such as Wattpad and Royal Road, people usually do favourite my chapters, even if it's only 4 or 5 people.

Don't be discouraged, friend, as long as you enjoy what you wrote and persevere, you'll get yourself some loyal fans.

Just remember this: online, people can be mean, just don't take them to heart, and just consider them as criticism to help you grow.

All that said, keep up, and may your novel succeed.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
trust me, it is. the worse part is when people give your novel a 1 or 2 star ratings

Reactions: HJ

Mihou

Firefly—
trust me, it is. the worse part is when people give your novel a 1 or 2 star ratings
It truly is the worst, especially if no feedback is given, you are only given a vague understanding that someone hates your novel but without knowing why though I have gotten used to this occurrence.

Just keep writing, never get discouraged over simple things such as having little to no favorites on your chapters as there are many people who might have liked your novel but without you knowing. Success doesn't come immediately, most people preserved/endured the harsh of the harsh to get to where they are. :blob_nom::blob_cookie::blob_salute:

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
1 Star is not bad. It hurts the most when someone drop a 3 stars. It means that they read your stuffs, and didn't really like it.

Lord_Drakonus

Don't bother counting the favourites. If anything, count reader engagement through comments and reviews. Any bozo can simply click on the red heart, but only an actual reader can comment on the thing.

Ouch, that hurts a bit, since there's no one commenting on my novel.

Lord_Drakonus

1 Star is not bad. It hurts the most when someone drop a 3 stars. It means that they read your stuffs, and didn't really like it.

Welp, just as you said that, someone gave my novel a 3 star rating with no explanation. My heart feels pain.

Last edited:

Leti

The worse part is when people did that for no reasons. People are weird, I guess. Welcome to the internet.
Ouch, that hurts a bit, since there's no one commenting on my novel.
You need to be logged in to post comments. Some readers doesn't have their own SH accounts and prefers to be a silent reader instead. Don't let lack of favourites or reviews stop you from writing. Somewhere, someone cares about your story. You just don't know it yet.

Lord_Drakonus

You need to be logged in to post comments. Some readers doesn't have their own SH accounts and prefers to be a silent reader instead. Don't let lack of favourites or reviews stop you from writing. Somewhere, someone cares about your story. You just don't know it yet.

Thanks! :D

been like that when i'm just starting out here. now i got people who comment or new favorites once in a while. even if it's just one-liner or blob, i appreciate it.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i dont favourite every single chapter i read but i do do it quite often, when the chapter is good or i'm a big fan of the novel in general.