Is it normal?

I don't know where should I start as this is the first time I make a thread.
So, here's the case...
I somehow feel weird with my second story, which has less than 120 readers, but the views in every chapter more than 500 views. Moreover, I got quite a lot of favorites , and it's actually made me feel iffy rather than happy. Because when I compare my story to another story that has even more views and readers, the favorites are almost equal and even one chapter in my story got more favorites.
is it normal? I have a GAD(generalized anxiety disorder) and it made my gad is getting worse.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
:blob_blank: Hah...I wouldn’t know...

But good for you! I wish you luck on your future journeys :blob_hide:

D

Deleted member 29316

Well, in my experience, most of my readers are the silent types. Sometimes I would be surprised they already reached the last chapter of my work, and they knew the story. Only a few would give a like or rating, but I think they liked my work (since they were able to reach the last chapter).

NotYourTypicalMan

Exhausted Member
Screenshot 2020-09-12 090544.jpg

I think it's because Guest readers didn't count as Reader.
Half of the People that view your novel actually read/view it (statistics can speak for itself).
Wasn't your works advertised on Instagram? I think some people came up but didn't create an account.

Well whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯,your story is interesting so please be confident about it (AND DON"T DROPPED IT :mad_s: I want moar!:blob_catflip:)

lamiaandini

Isn't it because your story is good?
I came to SH after your recommendation in Tapas, and I like your story very much.
(I'm a tapas immigration:blob_uwu: because Tapas now is filled with more comics)

:blob_blank: Hah...I wouldn’t know...

But good for you! I wish you luck on your future journeys :blob_hide:
Thank you:blob_reach:

Well, in my experience, most of my readers are the silent types. Sometimes I would be surprised they already reached the last chapter of my work, and they knew the story. Only a few would give a like or rating, but I think they liked my work (since they were able to reach the last chapter).
So, what about me then? even when there's a comment I get nervous...:blob_frown:

View attachment 3875
I think it's because Guest readers didn't count as Reader.
Half of the People that view your novel actually read/view it (statistics can speak for itself).
Wasn't your works advertised on Instagram? I think some people came up but didn't create an account.

Well whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯,your story is interesting so please be confident about it (AND DON"T DROPPED IT :mad_s: I want moar!:blob_catflip:)
Yes, my illustrator advertised my story once, and I too, believe if there are some readers who do not have an account. And thanks for reading my story...

Isn't it because your story is good?
I came to SH after your recommendation in Tapas, and I like your story very much.
(I'm a tapas immigration:blob_uwu: because Tapas now is filled with more comics)
Thank you! I'm also tapas immigration here, but Im still active in the tapas forum, and still read comics or novels on tapas. :blob_sweat:

D

Deleted member 29316

So, what about me then? even when there's a comment I get nervous...:blob_frown:
Ya know, here's my take on that. DON'T COMPARE YOUR WORKS TO OTHER WORKS. Readers have their own preferences as time goes by. What I mean is, what may be popular now may not be later, or vice versa. We all get our own opportunities to grab.

In my experience, if the reader is silent about my work and kept on reading it, then it means it has no problems. It may not be the best chapter, but at least it's good enough to be readable.

Plus, as others have said, Guests count as views too.

Ya know, here's my take on that. DON'T COMPARE YOUR WORKS TO OTHER WORKS. Readers have their own preferences as time goes by. What I mean is, what may be popular now may not be later, or vice versa. We all get our own opportunities to grab.

In my experience, if the reader is silent about my work and kept on reading it, then it means it has no problems. It may not be the best chapter, but at least it's good enough to be readable.

Plus, as others have said, Guests count as views too.
Ah thank you so much for the encouraging words! :blob_blank::blob_blank:

D

Deleted member 29316

Ah thank you so much for the encouraging words! :blob_blank::blob_blank:
No probs. It's the right thing to do, because well, comparing yourself to others often lead to self-doubt and self-pity. They have their own way to get to the top, and you have your own.

What's important is every story you bring out is the best that you could offer. If there are some that needs correction (it's mostly technical aspects), then improve it. But definitely, your work is your own. It's unique in a sense. So, again, stop with the comparisons. 😉

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I don't know where should I start as this is the first time I make a thread.
So, here's the case...
I somehow feel weird with my second story, which has less than 120 readers, but the views in every chapter more than 500 views. Moreover, I got quite a lot of favorites , and it's actually made me feel iffy rather than happy. Because when I compare my story to another story that has even more views and readers, the favorites are almost equal and even one chapter in my story got more favorites.
is it normal? I have a GAD(generalized anxiety disorder) and it made my gad is getting worse.
I can't relate to such a high number of readers but as the norm goes, you have nothing to worry about. Stop worrying about results. Even if your GAD can't control it, try it anyway. Just keep on maximizing and streamlining the efficiency of your output and focus on your writing instead of worrying about the numbers. If you put your mind towards your craft more than your audience, you'll find the latter to gravitate towards you instead.

I can't relate to such a high number of readers but as the norm goes, you have nothing to worry about. Stop worrying about results. Even if your GAD can't control it, try it anyway. Just keep on maximizing and streamlining the efficiency of your output and focus on your writing instead of worrying about the numbers. If you put your mind towards your craft more than your audience, you'll find the latter to gravitate towards you instead.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind! I'm glad I share my feeling. I felt much relieved now.