Is it wrong to use ai art?

IshiharaNiaoka

I see alot of controversy with ai art. And I don't know if I should hate it or like it. I use ai art for my cover because I like it and I didn't have to pay anything.

I honestly don't have the money to commission art 100$? 1200 cedis? My parents would sk me if I'm mad. I also do not have a graphics tablet to draw one, I honestly wish I did and I've asked my mum to buy. But she always complains. Saying the Amazon purchase and import tax is too much. So I've just lost hope on gaining one.

Stories are sometimes judged based on their cover. So if an uncoloured paper art is there it may seems unprofessional.

Due to my preference I would honestly prefer a coloured art than a paper one, unless the paper is coloured.

Colours here too are expensive as hell due to the inflation.

I understand why alot of authors use ai art. The designs, we don't pay much, it's fun to play with if there's more please say.

I don't hate ai art, but I'd I say I like it too I may get hated. I prefer real art to ai though, that's why I'm learning art.

And when I think about it, this situation is like the ai writers. Who use ai to generate stories than create the story themselves.

TotallyHuman

And I don't know if I should hate it or like it.
afaik, the only reason to hate it is its quality. If the AI art available to you is shit, hate it. Be ambivalent if you want. This great witch allows you to feel ambivalent towards AI-generated art. You may rejoice now.

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Absolutely not. I would love to have a wallpaper drawn by WLOP, but it's a fat chance. Not to mention, commissioning an artist could result in wasting your money. No matter how you look at it, it is hard to convey what kind of cover you want to someone who doesn't have your story in their head... and you can't repeatedly ask them to change this, change that, do it like this and that. Unreasonable.

With AI, you can reroll until you find what you want.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I am a cheap fuck, people might have an issue with it. I chose to not spend money, and they will have to deal with that.

SailusGebel

I would love to have a wallpaper drawn by WLOP

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Yes, it is. If you use AI art I will visit your home and yoink your kneecaps.
Jokes aside. AI art sometimes damages real artists since it can copy the learning material too closely (looking at you Riot games), but other than that, no. I think with good anti-plagiarism technologies, there will be almost no issue in the future except for three-legged mutant lizard people invading Earth.

IshiharaNiaoka

afaik, the only reason to hate it is its quality. If the AI art available to you is shit, hate it. Be ambivalent if you want.
I see I see
Absolutely not. I would love to have a wallpaper drawn by WLOP, but it's a fat chance. Not to mention, commissioning an artist could result in wasting your money. No matter how you look at it, it is hard to convey what kind of cover you want to someone who doesn't have your story in their head... and you can't repeatedly ask them to change this, change that, do it like this and that. Unreasonable.

With AI, you can reroll until you find what you want.
Wlop is universal tier 😭🤚 I love his art. I would be honoured to have an art work frlm him.

And what you say is true. I heard the artist charge extra the more you ask them to change and I can understand that since I draw myself
To masturbate, no.
😂😂 Who even uses that to masturbate 💀💀
I honestly prefer real begginer art in the hentai field

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Not really no. The only bad thing is if you claim AI Art as Non-AI Art. Don't feel ashamed to use something when the alternative means forking out cash you can't afford to lose.

Just uh... don't take this advice in relation to crime lmao.

BlackKnightX

If the quality is good, then who cares? It's a tool. Use it, don't let it use you.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
If that doesn't make it clear that it's okay to use AI art, I don't know what will.

yes.

but it is extremely time-saving, cheap, convenient, and accessible. artists are just the first to go. we'll be replaced eventually.

Succubiome

It's bad primarily because of the system it exists in. Inside this system, I wouldn't call it morally pure, from my view of morality, but most people probably do morally worse things frequently just living their lives inside said system. It's pretty hard to escape.

There are ways to make decentish covers with actual free art resources and maybe a little picture editing skills, though.

SalivaSpittingWorm

I have the same opinion as Corty. I admire artists and even support some of them on Patreon, but I don't have enough money to pay for every illustration I want. Ai is better suited for that. It's cheap, it's fun, and honestly, sometimes the images generated give me a lot of inspiration for my writing.

IshiharaNiaoka

It's bad primarily because of the system it exists in. Inside this system, I wouldn't call it morally pure, from my view of morality, but most people probably do morally worse things frequently just living their lives inside said system. It's pretty hard to escape.

There are ways to make decentish covers with actual free art resources and maybe a little picture editing skills, though.
I used to explore that and it's actually not as good compared to a professional book editor, so it really lacks exposure

Last edited:

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I use them to make some illustrations for my story. I don't have the money to have an artist do it, and with the numbers I've already made, the price will be higher than 2000$ if it was comisionned.

I understand the price of artist but for simple illustrations that don't need much details or high quality, just go with an AI.

Vitou

and you can't repeatedly ask them to change this, change that, do it like this and that. Unreasonable.
Wait, artists don't do this when you commission them? I don't see anything unreasonable about that, it just sounds like common sense, the commissioner should be involved with the making of the commission as much as the artist.

I asked my friend to drew my cover photo for me and he just kept asking me questions, sending me sketches and I told him what to change until it looked how I wanted it to look like. But I just assumed all artists did this when you commission them. I mean, no matter how much detail and info you initially give them, they can't possibly do it exactly how you imagined it, unless they ask you questions while sending you sketches and receiving feedback on it.