Is my title too long?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I know I am a bit of a hypocrite for this but the title does seem a bit wordy. Try shortening it to something like "between earth and apocalypse" or something.

Last edited:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
It missing the usual [LitRPG], [BL] or [SystemRPGisekaiHaremOPTransferedIntoMCUworldhopping] from the title.

So no. I would say it is too short.

Edit: nowadays, long titles are the norm. I like short and catchy ones but each to their own.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
The title sounds like an ability or statement rather than a title. You might want to change it up a bit. Here's some suggestions.

The Doomsday Traveller

Apocalyptic World Jumper

That Time I Jumped From Our World to a Desolate Earth

So I jumped Between Earth and an Apocalyptic Earth

Lost Earth
(Reference to Lost Horizon, which was about a mirror, apocalyptic universe/earth on the otherside of a black hole's event horizon).

Multidimensional Traveller: Earth and the Apocalypse

Dimensional Apocalypse
/Ragnarok/any apocalyptic-esque name here.

It's long, but I've seen much longer. So long as it's catchy then it's all good. And as Corty said, you need the extra pizzazz of (Super LitRPG, Genderbendern't parallel universe, Masterchef Season 16 sponsored title youtube.com/lambsauce12731f21, op MC story).

I'm guilty of this as well.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Read through it; here are some ideas for the title; feel free to get better ideas from them:

Zayn: Earth of Now, Death of Tomorrow
One Life, Two Realities
Nightmare Reality

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I like your title but I think long japanese title are different grammarly. Like it would be "between modern earth and apocalypse earth, travel back and forth can". As you can see the most catchy part is frontloaded compared to your english title. That tiny bit of difference can make a reader skip reading the entire title. If I were you, I'd shorten to "travelling back and forth between modern and apocalyptic earth"
But since I'm a coomer I'd actually change it to "found a waifu in apocalyptic earth, but I still do my shifts at Wendy's in modern earth 💀" or some stupid shit like that

Manami

Hello there, I wanted to get some feedback on my new novel title. It's a bit too long, but I find it necessary too hook the targeted audience. However I'm open to any suggestions.
This is the title and my novel if you wanna check it out: I can travel back and forth between modern earth and an apocalyptic earth.
If you want to make little small, then you can write it like this:

I can travel between modern earth and apocalyptic earth.

Anyway, otherthan some exceptions most people don't mind long title, but if story is not interesting or likable, then many people will leave in some chapters, so make story interesting.

Game.Worlds1

Some great suggestions, I'm grateful to all of you, I think changing the title is for the best, like what most of you have said, it's fine but not great, so I'll try to come up with something different soon, and I hope you give me your valuable input again.
Thank you everyone (y)
The title sounds like an ability or statement rather than a title. You might want to change it up a bit. Here's some suggestions.

The Doomsday Traveller

Apocalyptic World Jumper

That Time I Jumped From Our World to a Desolate Earth

So I jumped Between Earth and an Apocalyptic Earth

Lost Earth
(Reference to Lost Horizon, which was about a mirror, apocalyptic universe/earth on the otherside of a black hole's event horizon).

Multidimensional Traveller: Earth and the Apocalypse

Dimensional Apocalypse
/Ragnarok/any apocalyptic-esque name here.

It's long, but I've seen much longer. So long as it's catchy then it's all good. And as Corty said, you need the extra pizzazz of (Super LitRPG, Genderbendern't parallel universe, Masterchef Season 16 sponsored title youtube.com/lambsauce12731f21, op MC story).

I'm guilty of this as well.
I liked your second and third suggestions, it conveyed the same idea as my original title, but was more intriguing and compact.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Long titles are a trend on Scribble Hub. However, when I'm editing a novel, I sometimes ask the author to shorten the title to two or three words. If you're selling a physical book with the title on the cover, it has to be short and sweet to catch attention.

No, I'm not taking submissions. I have a 2-year-old and an active contract I started when he was 8 months old.

Lorelliad

I'm back
I learned from Japanese light novels that a title can never be too long :blobreading:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
If you want to flex your weeb-anese litrpg harem story it needs at least to be 3x times longer