Writing Isekai MC not reacting to slavery

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
This thread makes me want a Thumbs down reaction because I'm not angry, I just severely disagree.
Given that statment i COULD be cheeky and say, /"so you disagree that people should be responsible for their own action or inaction?" As that was also a point i covered.

I dunno a dislike button, and even a like button, is so generalized. And from the six or so angry reactions i can assume you dont like SOMETHING about what i said, but not specifically what. And i covered a lot opinions on those comments, of which several were quite reasonable under a lot of circumstances.

...eh. Or at least i feel so. I dont really care if people disagree with me so i normally dont start heated arguements, tho i DO tend to get colorful. Tho thats just how i talk when tryna emphasize something more than due to getting angry

Might end up being hounded by stuck up people who do care, too. "Why you disliked me REEEEE~! I always right REEEE~!" Had that happen to me more than once. Some people seriously care too much.

Ral

Again it just seems like you are running away from giving any opinion on anything. At the very least i gave MY opinions on certain situations having to do with the theme of this discussion. Havent seem any of yours so its like talking to a walk. I dont care if you question my opinions but it is rritating feelin' like the only one contributing more tham just questions to the convo.
I think you still don't get it. I'm not going to make an opinion, and especially don't want to write an opinion here, because there is nothing to base an opinion on and especially to judge someone on. There is just nothing.

Silence is golden. Sometimes, the wisest thing to do is to remain silent.

Call it running away or anything but I'm not going to make a fool of myself.

And also there is a difference between no details and some details. The more details, the more informed is your opinion. Without details . . .
Now onto much, much more important questions: what do you think about slime girls? Be warned that there IS a right answer and the wrong one will result in a beheading \[T]/
I haven't actually read a story with slime girls. Not even once. So, again, I can't make an opinion. I can't provide an answer.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I think you still don't get it. I'm not going to make an opinion, and especially don't want to write an opinion here, because there is nothing to base an opinion on and especially to judge someone on. There is just nothing.

Silence is golden. Sometimes, the wisest thing to do is to remain silent.

Call it running away or anything but I'm not going to make a fool of myself.

And also there is a difference between no details and some details. The more details, the more informed is your opinion. Without details . . .

I haven't actually read a story with slime girls. Not even once. So, again, I can't make an opinion. I can't provide an answer.
So? I never read a story with slime girls either and i still think they're great. Well, i have watched a monster girl anime that HAS has a slime girl. Suu. Ah, she's great. Not much personality but being able to be as bust as she wants with just absorbing more liquid...aw yeah dude. Thiccc slime girls best slime girls. I mean imagine it. Its basically a lubed up girl who can change form.

Slimes have gender?
they dont on a genetic sense,so they are one of the few existences who can be gender fluid without me calling them mentally handicapped. Doesnt matter, long as they can look like women. And arent slimes that are filthy as fuck like that sludge Pokemon.

ShyMaskedMan

Depends on the isekai mc background. Those who read, watch, play Japanese Novels, Mangas, Animes and Games might have different sense of reaction towards slavery compare to those who don't.

This is just my opinion, I, myself realize have different sense and understanding towards something sometimes compare to my friends who don't have the same hobbies as me.

Slimes have gender?
I don't think so, they can be male, female or both (futa) at the same time. They are an existence which tingles your imagination for sure. Guhehe~

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
now, i completely get what you are saying fam. Slavery in light novels isnt usually depicted in its truest sense. At most its normally a bit of sex slavery, a bit of beating. But not often do you find them being buried alive to accompany their masters or to guard positions of import for all eternity. You dont see them worked to death in salt mines or being used as lab rats, bait, as game to be hunted for sport.

But the absolute fact of the matter is the other side is right too. If they dont fight, it IS 100% their fault. Not for being slaves, but for continuing to be slaves. Its not like they automatically become free or anything, but if a person doesnt try to escape then whose fucking fault is it for staying that way? Theirs. I totally get that they may feel its hopeless, but at the same time they cant just sit with their thumbs up their asses and take being abused or treated like objects without AT LEAST trying to stand up for themselves and plan a way out. You can call it victim blaming all you want. Sometimes it is, however, on the victim to decide whether to keep being a victim or not. Saying otherwise is just bullshit. Someone walks up to you and punches you for no reason and you just let them beat you to a pulp without ever trying to defend yourself. Who decided to let that happen? You. You cant control other people's actions, but you can control yours. Whether you win or lose is besides the point

No one is saying its easy. Or fast. But come on. Its your life. You REALLY dont like something, stand the fuck up and at the very least try to change it. You may not succeed, but at least you can say you did all you could. THEN its not your fault. Maybe you weren't up to the task. Not smart or strong enough. We cant blame you for that. You can, however, be blamed for laying down and taking whatever people throw at you without ever having attempted to fight back at all. Unless you dont have any hands or feet or are mentally handicapped what excuse do you have? None.

People always say to take responsibility for your actions. But you know what, pal? You need to take responsibility for your inaction too.

That said, not all slaves are equal and slaves who were made into slaves for committing crimes for no good reason other than being a dick deserve what they get.

Also yes most authors here probably wouldnt write about that kinda stuff. I probably wouldn't, or would at least gloss over it, but thats just due to the nature of my stories just being about having a good time. I wouldnt call stories like that boring tho. I mean thats just a subjective view, after all. At most it just doesnt fit with what a majority of readers here are looking for.
Alright man, I'll give you the credit for putting your otherwise unconventional way of thinking out there.

I'm not gonna go into paragraphs, because what I'm saying isn't complicated and I wanna keep this short.

I'm not gonna go into the "victim blaming" thing either. It's a very sensitive moral subject and very easily condones someone in some sort of immoral role, which, for a guy that loves the idea of moral relativism, seems like a straightaway path to calling you a "bad person". I'm not calling you that, nor am I calling you a good person. I'm just saying I'm not touching that radioactive bullshit.

Your idea of fighting against slavery, in paper, makes some sort of sense. Man beats Grunk, Grunk should fight back. If Grunk doesn't fight back, it's Grunk's fault.

What you're dismissing is that slavery involves human beings. And human beings are the only(?) creature on the planet capable to long-term planning, which is why slavery worked. They may get the beatings and the shitting-ons, but they can't fight back, due to the fact that the owners have some sort of liability on em', like their life or family or something the slaves deem valuable. They want those things to stay intact and safe, and thus they trade in for their freedom and independence for the sake of em'. We humans are always looking for a better future, and even if it seems to make sense now, we'd still convince ourselves otherwise, for the price of common sense sometimes goes too great for most.

Even if the owners have nothing on em', the slaves will still consider the alternate options. Where else would you get a roof, a food source (albeit a tad bit scarce) and a job? Back in the late 1800s the blacks either become a slave or a literal hunting sport. You couldn't blame them for not fighting back. They're human. They have rationality, and can judge risks and odds, even if it costs their pride.

I'm not saying slaves who fought back aren't righteous. They're certainly brave, and very, very stupid.

One of the few key reasons the slaves were able to fight back during the period was that they struck when the infrastructure was at its weakest and the Westerns grew some sort of a conscience and thought "Hey... This doesn't feel right" and the president just so happened to think the same.

Unless you're talking about slavery of other creatures (elves, orc, goblins), which in that case, sure, why not. You can make a universe where creatures like those still live like the stone-age and have little to no sense of long-term planning. If they don't fight back when being strung by their hides they either have a screw loose or a degenerative fetish.

Ral

So? I never read a story with slime girls either and i still think they're great. Well, i have watched a monster girl anime that HAS has a slime girl. Suu. Ah, she's great. Not much personality but being able to be as bust as she wants with just absorbing more liquid...aw yeah dude. Thiccc slime girls best slime girls. I mean imagine it. Its basically a lubed up girl who can change form.
I searched images of Slime Girls, and . . . I find them aesthetically pleasing. There are a lot of pictures that are sexual but even without the sexuality, I find the look appealing.

Oh, well. A slime girl might be my next project (illustration).

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I searched images of Slime Girls, and . . . I find them aesthetically pleasing. There are a lot of pictures that are sexual but even without the sexuality, I find the look appealing.

Oh, well. A slime girl might be my next project (illustration).
:blob_aww: If you do, ya gotta send me the finished work man. I been asking readers to send me slime girl pics for months and i only got one from a single kind hearted perv.
Alright man, I'll give you the credit for putting your otherwise unconventional way of thinking out there.

I'm not gonna go into paragraphs, because what I'm saying isn't complicated and I wanna keep this short.

I'm not gonna go into the "victim blaming" thing either. It's a very sensitive moral subject and very easily condones someone in some sort of immoral role, which, for a guy that loves the idea of moral relativism, seems like a straightaway path to calling you a "bad person". I'm not calling you that, nor am I calling you a good person. I'm just saying I'm not touching that radioactive bullshit.

Your idea of fighting against slavery, in paper, makes some sort of sense. Man beats Grunk, Grunk should fight back. If Grunk doesn't fight back, it's Grunk's fault.

What you're dismissing is that slavery involves human beings. And human beings are the only(?) creature on the planet capable to long-term planning, which is why slavery worked. They may get the beatings and the shitting-ons, but they can't fight back, due to the fact that the owners have some sort of liability on em', like their life or family or something the slaves deem valuable. They want those things to stay intact and safe, and thus they trade in for their freedom and independence for the sake of em'. We humans are always looking for a better future, and even if it seems to make sense now, we'd still convince ourselves otherwise, for the price of common sense sometimes goes too great for most.

Even if the owners have nothing on em', the slaves will still consider the alternate options. Where else would you get a roof, a food source (albeit a tad bit scarce) and a job? Back in the late 1800s the blacks either become a slave or a literal hunting sport. You couldn't blame them for not fighting back. They're human. They have rationality, and can judge risks and odds, even if it costs their pride.

I'm not saying slaves who fought back aren't righteous. They're certainly brave, and very, very stupid.

One of the few key reasons the slaves were able to fight back during the period was that they struck when the infrastructure was at its weakest and the Westerns grew some sort of a conscience and thought "Hey... This doesn't feel right" and the president just so happened to think the same.

Unless you're talking about slavery of other creatures (elves, orc, goblins), which in that case, sure, why not. You can make a universe where creatures like those still live like the stone-age and have little to no sense of long-term planning. If they don't fight back when being strung by their hides they either have a screw loose or a degenerative fetish.
Eh, i think ot was a bit obvious we, or at least i, was talking about the slaves who didnt want to be and stay slaves.

I do get why some may want to be slaves tho. It kinda depends on the masters. If they be beating the fuck out of their help, the help prolly wont wanna be there.

Course some may have reasons for staying like you said, and i did acknowledge that. I mean like racism. If the society hates you, might be better to stick with a master. Humans can endure a lo so long as they dont die.

Which i always felt pretty weird. You die anyway eventually. Why endure something when you dont have to then? Should just look to make things better for yourself or your loved ones. Dont like something, try and change it. That is an idealogy that applies to every situation where you're able of body and mind. You may have reasons to be cautious reasons you are hesitant. But then thats just yourself holding your back. Stop caring and you can act. Tho maybe you also loss reason to act if you stop caring about these things you hold dear, whatever they might be.

Like family. Some people think, "if i do anything they may get hurt" while others take action so their loved ones DONT get hurt, or dont continue to gst hurt. Both are understandable reasons but again i normally side with those who take action rather than the ones who are needlessly passive. I say needlessly cuz sometimes you have to be, mind you.

its interesting to see the similarities in situation between people like that, but also notice how differently they approach said situations.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Now onto much, much more important questions: what do you think about slime girls? Be warned that there IS a right answer and the wrong one will result in a beheading \[T]/
I think they can serve their purpose in R-18 works, but in non-H works they don't have anything special to them.

BenJepheneT

I think they can serve their purpose in R-18 works, but in non-H works they don't have anything special to them.
A fellow companion to keep you company during perilous journeys through the desolate woods.

Also a good canteen if you know how to utilize her well.

I was gonna write "use her" before I spotted that giant fucking landmine I was gonna dive into.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
Half of this thread is just "hurr durr slave bad for not rising up because yolo man" and then proceed to derail to slime girls because why not? Meanwhile the sanes are saying why its not that simple, but it's just not getting through to you dude.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Half of this thread is just "hurr durr slave bad for not rising up because yolo man" and then proceed to derail to slime girls because why not? Meanwhile the sanes are saying why its not that simple, but it's just not getting through to you dude.
That just proves you didnt understand anything about what i said despite me having explained it several times. I already aknowledged it wasnt simple. I said my opinion changes with specific examples. But since HAVE NO FUCKING EXAMPLE i just gave a generalized opinion based of a simple and clear cut scenario that ignores other bullshit.

I dont care if you dont get it even after me explaining all my viewpoints like twenty fucking times, but i dunno it kinda makes me a bit disappointed. Not that it should matter to you.

That aside, fuck you, you silly little twat. Slime girls are great and can be spoken about in any conversation. No one else seemed to mind either, so eh. Yeah. Why not?

Did i hijack this thread? Yes. Yes i did. And fuck me if i didnt do it beautifully. Did you even SEE how i just slide the topic in all natural-like?

Yall wanna discuss the pros and cons of a legal loli next? Lets see....On one hand, legal. On the other, not even a true loli. Then again, jail. But shouldnt one be willing to endure for what one loves?

AliceShiki

Also a good canteen if you know how to utilize her well.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Did i hijack this thread? Yes. Yes i did. And fuck me if i didnt do it beautifully. Did you even SEE how i just slide the topic in all natural-like?
I have to say it's nice to see some hijacking happen without anyone batting an eye~

This hasn't happened in NUF in ages~

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Keep advertising your low intelligence, baby. Keep it coming.
*visible confusion*
I said way more idiotic stuff but thats what you concentrated on?

That wasnt even a personal attack or insult that was just me being cheeky.

ANYONE who doesnt worship slime girls is at least a LITTLE BIT of a silly twat in my book bud. Ya ain't special, snowflake.

heh. Snowflake. Reminds me of that New Warriors or whatever comic everyone been crappin on.

AliceShiki

Hey, there's only room for one trash in this forum. Keep that toxic waste outta here.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh? Forums always have room for one more~

Like me, I'm a spammer, while you and Cupcake are Ero Senseis and TypeAxion is the Grumpy old Doggo~

We can always have more weirdos in here~

BenJepheneT

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh? Forums always have room for one more~

Like me, I'm a spammer, while you and Cupcake are Ero Senseis and TypeAxion is the Grumpy old Doggo~

We can always have more weirdos in here~
Keyword being weirdo. Y'all don't risk getting banned. I mean, you can do that, but I doubt you can risk it better than me.

Yeah I'm bragging and you better damn well believe I'm owning up to it.