Isekai Protagonists

TroubleFait

You guys ever heard about Tanya von Degurechaff?
No POW, check.
Killing of civilian population, check.
Disrespect of treaties, check.
Indirect friendly fire, check.
Blasphemy, check (actually shooting at God with a rifle).

But you'd be hard pressed to find anything against her at a War Tribunal. Tanya carefully respects the law to the letter.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
ilegal fishing, assassination, organized crime, selling unapproved drugs and stealing natural resources (mana crystal)

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
You guys ever heard about Tanya von Degurechaff?
No POW, check.
Killing of civilian population, check.
Disrespect of treaties, check.
Indirect friendly fire, check.
Blasphemy, check (actually shooting at God with a rifle).

But you'd be hard pressed to find anything against her at a War Tribunal. Tanya carefully respects the law to the letter.
If I could, I would donate her a few Russy grenades into her command tent. She is clearly an Etappenschwein (POG9) and I wouldnt feel comfortable serving under her.

Last edited:

FDSIO

Right, where were we? Ah, the hypocrisy of protagonists...
Lemme just list few warcrimes/crimes they did
1. Meaningless genocide ✅
2. Permitting slavery ✅
3. Violation of human rights(lets consider demi-humans as humans in this case) ✅
4. Destruction of private property ✅
5. Destruction to environment ✅
6. Tax evasion (Did any story talked about this?) ✅
7. Treason (They love this soo much) ✅
8. Killing of POW without prior trial ✅
9. Killing non-combatants ✅
10. Use of biological, nuclear and chemical weapons ✅
Theres more but this is what I can churn out...

Hypocrisy? What hypocrisy?

Do I need to remind you that the only things that stops your county from murdering your neighbors and stealing their land is that they either have as many guns as yours have or if not, they at least have allies who wouldn't allow your country to do as they please not because of righteous reasons but simply because they will be next...

Funny, isn't it... When you scale the thing till there's no higher authority to punish you, all the ’illegal’ and ’morally wrong’ stuff doesn't apply anymore...

Just imagine what would happen with a third rate country without power or allies this very day if there was discovered petroleum or natural gas or something similar. I'm sure the superpowers would gladly assist said country to grow big and strong as they are... That's definitely what would happen...

But the isekai protagonists were hypocrites and such an unrealistic depiction of reality for someone who suddenly gained enough power to not be restrained anymore... In reality, all of them would be saints...

Reborn dude in his 40s horny after girls in their late teens or 20s... Pffffff... As if there were multimillionaires in their 60s with wives in their 20s... These are lies! Harems or multiple wives? Pfff... The arabic counties were a lie too, of course!

My man, open your eyes... Real hypocrisy is how Canada writes in its history books how the natives agreed to move their settlements to make space for the colonists... That's what they were teaching their children even now... And since they are the winners, that makes it truth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29316

Well, a lot of isekai stories out there focus on 'escapism' and 'whatifism'. Escapism in a sense that some authors wanted a 'restart' in their lives, or they try to appeal to those who wanted a 'restart' in their lives, and 'Whatifism' in a sense that they think it's interesting to apply 'modern Earth' knowledge in a fantasy setting.

What they couldn't do in real life, they'd try at least in a wishful, fantasy story.

TroubleFait

Well, a lot of isekai stories out there focus on 'escapism' and 'whatifism'. Escapism in a sense that some authors wanted a 'restart' in their lives, or they try to appeal to those who wanted a 'restart' in their lives, and 'Whatifism' in a sense that they think it's interesting to apply 'modern Earth' knowledge in a fantasy setting.

What they couldn't do in real life, they'd try at least in a wishful, fantasy story.
Some rare isekai stories focus on a second chance, that I wouldn't call escapism. Like in mushoku tensei, the protagonist gains a second chance at life but he'll work hard to make something out of it.

But it's true that there are many that don't refletlct on the themes such as war crimes and other. Just, "life would be so cool if it was like that."

DreamOfRen

I'd be more concerned with the notion that these characters resonate with so many people.
Have you seen the f*cked up stuff that happens in Redo Of Healer and how many people absolutely gush over it?

The idea of even threatening to stick a red-hot iron into a woman's orfices should be appalling yet the comment section should tell you otherwise.

AryaX

Do you think the usual thing in video games... of picking all the locks and entering all rooms, buildings, etc... and emptying all the containers and taking all the valuables, and later selling em all, would be ok in some isekai world? ... You're a big Hero and on an important mission after all...

Are there any video games where doing that is possible but "genuinely" bad somehow?

Last edited: