Isolated men

Karobo

So I've been thinking, how would a situation where men isolate themselves in an island like the Amazons turn out? And is there an example?

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
amazons were isolated on an island? or are you saying amazon rainforests are isolated islands? Or are you asking about what would happen if men got stranded on an isolated island which climate is tropical like amazon rainforests?

the answer is sex.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
North Sentinel Island is an example.

They still follow the primitive lifestyle and have no contact with the outside world. They do take the coconuts scientists gift them to make peace, but that’s it. Outsiders are killed on sight and getting in contacts with today’s normal diseases would kill them.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
so there's several interpretations here
  • if you mean "men" by humanity, then of course, a society will be formed along with a heirarchy. in some cases, that won't happen, but in most cases, someone would be established as a leader, and depending on whether it's a patriarchy or a matriarchy, there'll be a cum dump or a stud horse. people would hunt for food in groups, and eventually grow to populate the island. literally look back at what people did in the early histories of civilization and you'll get your answer.

• if you mean "men" by just men, then same thing would happen, only that it wouldn't last long. probably a lot of steamy jungle gay orgies too. either they reproduce via testosterone powered mitosis, or die out.

• if you mean "men" by "people from current civilization thrown into a jungle with no prior warning whatsoever", then you have yourself a few options. they either A) recreate Lord of the Flies, B) form that same society as mentioned from before, C) collective suicide pact, D) etc. but the first few are the most likely possibilities.

Armored99

Harem-phobic
Wasn't there an episode of survivor or something where they put a group of men on one island and a group of women on another? If I recall right the guys made huts with working water in two weeks.

Yamemai

amazons were isolated on an island? or are you saying amazon rainforests are isolated islands? Or are you asking about what would happen if men got stranded on an isolated island which climate is tropical like amazon rainforests?

the answer is sex.
Probably Amazons as in the all female group of Amazonian warriors. Not sure if it was IRL or some sort of literary work, because IIRC they appeared in Greek Mythology.

And yeah, I'd have to agree with the 'sex' bit. Like how would they devy up the captured/kidnapped/whatever women? [Huh, makes me remember an 18+ cyoa work.] Because they would have to, to increase their numbers.
Wasn't there an episode of survivor or something where they put a group of men on one island and a group of women on another? If I recall right the guys made huts with working water in two weeks.
lol, really? Might needa watch that, but since it's a tv series/show would have to take that with a grain of salt. Especially Since men tend to have an ego, especially around other men [a sort of superiority complex]..... Though, that may only kickstart if women are in the perimeter, as a sort of mating ritual thing.
---------
Anyways, think there were some literary works with an all male group, but they tend to be 'monsters', like orcs and goblins.
** The Amazonians were able to because it's the females that, tend to, carry the babies.
Don't think there are many ways for an all male group to be formed, besides raiding/pillaging--like the vikings--or taking in orphans.

Speaking of literary, reminds me of an old space anime. Forgot it, but there was an all male society and an all female one. Think it was the start for Vandread, but way too long to remember if that's the right one.

Last edited:

Derin_Edala

This happens to sailing crews or military units occasionally. They generally just band together and try to survive. Sometimes they succeed and sometimes they don't.

Of course, soldiers and sailors are trained to work together under a predefined leadership, and expect to do so for a long period of time whether they get stranded somewhere or not. If you cherry-picked a bunch of angry randos who can't hold down a job because they can't take directions and can't get along with others, they'd probably be a lot less successful.