It's a rant

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
It's not their fault. It's readers who choose to sympathize with them.
And as a half hack writer, I actually tried to make the first villain faced by my MC to be that.

Fuck me right up main street.

SailusGebel

And as a half hack writer, I actually tried to make the first villain faced by my MC to be that.

Fuck me right up main street.
I will tell you a story that is related to the topic. I don't remember all the details, but I will tell the things I can recall. My maternal grandmother was once a jury when they were judging a rapist. And few women were sympathetic to the rapist because he told how he had a rough childhood. He raped an infant and killed it by tearing his anus. Even knowing this, some people choose to be sympathetic towards him. He was, of course, convicted.

I always look back to this story when someone says that villains aren't evil, that villains shouldn't be worthy of sympathy. The thing is, you can't write a villain with a background and find no one sympathizing with him. It's impossible because people are fucked up in the head.

o
I am sick and tired of shitty antagonists trying to make themselves sympathetic with sob stories.

Griffith did no wrong? Fuck off, why can't the bloody narcissistic cripple just off himself like how when a woman got pregnant at work and had to be forcefully laid off? (In case you read the sarcasm too literally, women have something called maternaty leaves, though whether they have shitty bosses is up there...)

Why can't the Hero of Sword just snort his dead ma and pa's ashes and shove his sword down either openings and do a mouth-to-anus trick? At least he is murdering masses now instead of the BS "make people sad" shit before he got his teeth kicked in by emo Spear Hero. In any of the cases, why can't they just all merrily go and die then?!

"Despicable people got pitiful past and pitiful people got despicable past" is always my hated phrase that I got the misfortune to learn during my internet trudging days. The former tries to justify fucktards' behaviour while the latter places the blame on the fucked. I will NOT say that this phrase is entirely right or wrong, cuz context exist and manipulators (like myself) often provide misinformation via half-truths and outright lies.

There is always one thing I can't stand, a cunt doing something wrong and trying to cover the shit with bawling like a bitch and say that his past is at fault.

I, as a reader will then say, "You are right.

And the only consolation for myself is that you have a shitty past and the only regret is why that past did not clothes hanger you then or at the very least, let your head have multiple intimate interaction with hard objects so much so that you can't excuse yourself."

Bloody knickers, at least man up, kick the dog and child with pride, rape the whole village before biting off breasts and making roman candles, summon demons as you manically strangle the hero's soiled wife with glee right in front of his eyes.

KNOW THAT YOU ARE EVIL AND ADMIT THE EVIL!

Fucking wastrels man...

Godammit.
am I wrong or is this more common in japanese works? in xianxia things are much simpler: you eradicate their whole lineage

LynaForge

As far as I understand the belief it's about seeing others as feeling humans.

Which, in their perspective, would make you the unhealthy coper who seeks to satisfy her grievances by projecting them onto standins for certain demographics that are designed to be as remorselessly hate able as possible.
um, okay :whistle: (y)🤷‍♀️ oh no, ya got me. Ouch. 🙄
I will tell you a story that is related to the topic. I don't remember all the details, but I will tell the things I can recall. My maternal grandmother was once a jury when they were judging a rapist. And few women were sympathetic to the rapist because he told how he had a rough childhood. He raped an infant and killed it by tearing his anus. Even knowing this, some people choose to be sympathetic towards him. He was, of course, convicted.

I always look back to this story when someone says that villains aren't evil, that villains shouldn't be worthy of sympathy. The thing is, you can't write a villain with a background and find no one sympathizing with him. It's impossible because people are fucked up in the head.
Then you'd have to question whether all humans are born with the potential for good or evil. I think most would say that every life has the potential to go either way. Hence there the reason 'guilt' is possible. If there's no free will and freedom of choice, then guilt isn't possible. As for that rapist, I'm glad he was convicted. Feeling sympathy doesn't mean absolution. It means the people who were on that jury were humane. More humane than that SOB who killed that child.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
um, okay :whistle: (y)🤷‍♀️ oh no, ya got me. Ouch.
1643023376033.png

>Soft generation

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Well I hope that someone in prison will tear his sphincter.

And rips off his cock and balls and tear into the newly made hole as well.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

He raped an infant? Wow. He should server out his doing service in the military.

Disarming mines, with a hammer.