Let Us Unite in Our Humanity

Erys

Her Highness
We thought it was our ability to love that made us human, but it turned out it was actually our ability to select each image containing a boat. We are able to think about ourselves as human beings if and only if we are able to think about the world as that which supports us as well as that which surrounds us. That is our ability to perceive and love is our ability to select.

In our search for meaning, I believe we are looking for an expression of the self as perceiver and lover of the world, that is, as a self that is both itself and simultaneously the other. When we say love is a fundamental part of life, is not it that we see a fundamental human function, the function we call love, as the most real thing?

As we have seen, love is only real insofar as we choose it and not otherwise. It is only real to the extent that it supports our freedom. And we could say that it is the self that chooses that which it loves, that is, the fundamental human choice we call love. But what does it mean to choose the self?

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
1661768879486.png

Nhatduongg

Yuyuko Saigyouji, The Dreaming Ghost
Unfortunately, I don't understand anything. I will have to review my English knowledge.

Aaqil

Cookies!
We thought it was our ability to love that made us human, but it turned out it was actually our ability to select each image containing a boat. We are able to think about ourselves as human beings if and only if we are able to think about the world as that which supports us as well as that which surrounds us. That is our ability to perceive and love is our ability to select.

In our search for meaning, I believe we are looking for an expression of the self as perceiver and lover of the world, that is, as a self that is both itself and simultaneously the other. When we say love is a fundamental part of life, is not it that we see a fundamental human function, the function we call love, as the most real thing?

As we have seen, love is only real insofar as we choose it and not otherwise. It is only real to the extent that it supports our freedom. And we could say that it is the self that chooses that which it loves, that is, the fundamental human choice we call love. But what does it mean to choose the self?
*pat pat* sadge Erys, failed too many captchas, :blob_cookie:
aaqilPat.png

Silbern

I have a few thoughts on this.

First, it seems to me that if we are able to love, then we are able to know ourselves. I will say more about that in a moment.

Before I do, let me say that what we normally refer to as the love function appears to be so fundamentally human that it is hard to imagine what it would be like to be without it.

It seems that we are compelled to love others, but I am not sure that we would have that same compulsion to love if it was not for this function.

If someone were to deprive us of the ability to love, it would certainly leave us with a hard time making any sense of our existence.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I am afraid that my religion forbids me from celebrating such sinful beings as myself.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I am afraid that my religion forbids me from celebrating such sinful beings as myself.
rules are meant to be broken, my friend.

There is no choosing of the self. Its not a choice. Babies don't choose to be born, nor do they choose to die. Such things are beyond our control. You don't choose to live, but you can choose how you live and how you die. Its why everything within life can be said to be illusory, because they're optional from your own perspective.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I don't see rights to our opinions as one of the things that made us humans
Perhaps, but as a human, you have opinions. The right to those opinions may have been freely given to you as a gift but the expression of your opinions does in fact help to make you human.