Life IS Fair

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
You were isekai’d into a novel and feel that the villainess doesn’t deserve any of her luck. Throughout the set course of the story, you swipe all her artifacts, steal her lucky opportunities, and so on so forth.

After the story wraps up and the protagonists reach their happy ending, you start to realize why the villainess was granted all these opportunities: Karma is real in this universe.

What happens to you, who stole the villainess’s luck?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
You were isekai’d into a novel and feel that the villainess doesn’t deserve any of her luck. Throughout the set course of the story, you swipe all her artifacts, steal her lucky opportunities, and so on so forth.

After the story wraps up and the protagonists reach their happy ending, you start to realize why the villainess was granted all these opportunities: Karma is real in this universe.

Fairness is subjective.

I'm just going to use this gif one more time.

J_Chemist

I marry the villainess and make her endure having to look at the face of the individual who jacked her shit every day. Maybe add in a few children here and there for extra spice that now has our blood mixed together.

Good stuff.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

You find your bloodline is incompatible with everything you grab. The shadow techniques make you a wolf furry; the artifacts give you: the feeling of stepping on legos, rashes, vomiting, and loss of teeth; you don't have the motivation to do all of the exercise routines; and the body cultivation she did gives you oversized, chonky, and muscled legs and arms, but no core muscles.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I....do nothing. I just kinda sit around in a castle with all her stuff.

Num

Probably end up dying because she gets moved backwards in time, and plots my death with cold-faced ML who is probably pretending to need a wheelchair

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
@Kamelingil I can tell that you definitely want those shadow techniques. *nods sagely* It's super obvious. Mmhmm.

laccoff_mawning

If Karma is real, and I stole all the villianess' luck, I guess that would make me the new bad guy?
I guess that means I'm the one being guillotined instead.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Is this a direct reference to @CheertheSecond 's thread? o.0

Let's see what I can do here...
--------------------------
I didn't realize it until it was too late.

I helped the heroine that I admired so much into getting her happy ending. I was so happy to help her. So happy that she didn't have to undergo all those struggles.

... But I only now noticed how little I had done for myself. How I never got close to her. How I never got close to anybody.

How alone I feel now... How disappointed my family feels with me...

A girl from a small baron's family... My only opportunity to get a good marriage was in the noble's school... Yet I wasted all that time silently working in the shadows to help the heroine.

I now have no contacts. No friends. Nobody to help me... What next? What now?

... I know what happens now. It was told to me right now. I... I have to accept the reality in front of me.

I'm marrying a rich fat merchant who is twice my age. My family needs the money and I was unable to get a marriage with any noble who could provide it to us.

... I looked back on my actions... Why did I try so hard? Why did I take it all away from the villainess? What did that even amount to?

It's not like she was evil in the first place. She was just the heroine's rival and the one who was more likely to become the prince's fiancee... And she'd lose the battle and marry a duke even if I didn't do anything myself. I could have just focused on my own life and my own happiness.

But instead, I tried making the heroine happier and the villainess disappointed by never having a chance to compete with the heroine... Instead I was the silent helper...

Instead, I was the biggest fool in that entire school.

... I really was an absolute idiot, wasn't I?

"... I understand, father, mother. I will do what is best for our family." I gave them a curtsy.

I had no right to refuse... This was my fault after all... I deserve this.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
A furry in denial I see. Your fursona must be a groundhog, for suuure, for suuure. I'll just wait for Groundhog day to see if you'll come out of the closet...
I ain't simping for walking animals, I only worship Demi-humans... well, they are animal types but they are definitely more human than a freaking furry

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Writing prompts everyone. Writing prompts.

This isn't General. It's Writing Prompts.

Commenting on the prompt is fine, and so is commenting on someone's short story written on the thread.

Random banter is not. Keep things related to the thread.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Writing prompts everyone. Writing prompts.

This isn't General. It's Writing Prompts.

Commenting on the prompt is fine, and so is commenting on someone's short story written on the thread.

Random banter is not. Keep things related to the thread.
I’m ok with it~ :blob_popcorn:

TremendousHuman

Deleteriously devilish, deliciously dumbfounding
Me? If I decided that the villainess was undeserving then she was. This great witch understands karma like discord mods understand grooming - to an extremely fine level. She probably would get it after the story. I just spared her the trouble