like wattpad are there any book clubs here to connect with readers?

DamoMartin

Just wondering if there any book clubs here with the same idea to connect with readers?

Localforeigner

Like it might be good to connected to other readers, I mean wattpad has something like it and I kind of want to be a in bookclub thingy to keep a routine and such so I hope maybe something here or one could be made?
Yeah, from what I understand of Wattpad it's one of the only ways to promote your work these days, since they removed the forums. I have only been on SH for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if there is anything similar here.

DamoMartin

Yeah, from what I understand of Wattpad it's one of the only ways to promote your work these days, since they removed the forums. I have only been on SH for a couple of weeks, so I don't know if there is anything similar here.
Yeah thats why I moved to here as well lol without the forums on wattpad your kind of screwed lol

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
As far as I know, no. But you could try to build up your own community. Some people use discord to gather 'em up.

Ruriha

Well-known Procrastinator
that makes sense anywhere it could be posted maybe to make a bookclub?
You can advertise the discord server here, no problem. You could also post it in your story for some exposure.

Fromage

Peerless member
Need more exposure? Change your aperture and shutter speed settings.

DamoMartin

would you want to do a bookclub thing maybe I might put one together if nothing on scribblehub?

MoodyFoxCat

In WP, since forums are no longer a thing thereafter it was removed, book clubs were formed as replacements. There's a lot of those and the majority have Discord servers for such to help each other as writers and to gain some exposure in a way

DamoMartin

In WP, since forums are no longer a thing thereafter it was removed, book clubs were formed as replacements. There's a lot of those and the majority have Discord servers for such to help each other as writers and to gain some exposure in a way
Book clubs were always thing I'm just talking about here to help connect with both writer's and readers more

BlissyMKW

from what I understand of Wattpad it's one of the only ways to promote your work these days, since they removed the forums
Them axing the forums the way they did and later also removing the News Feed were both pretty abysmal ideas, to be honest. They pretty much shot all major forms of interaction in the foot outside of PMs, and even then, Discord is now a far better alternative.

DamoMartin

Them axing the forums the way they did and later also removing the News Feed were both pretty abysmal ideas, to be honest. They pretty much shot all major forms of interaction in the foot outside of PMs, and even then, Discord is now a far better alternative.
So from my responses here so far scribble hub dosent do book clubs stuff

Leti

NUF has groups called Sect, but I doubt it's the clubs you're looking for.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They removed the forums? LOL! It sounds like everything there went downhill after they kicked me off the site.