Little rant

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
What you need to do is go to another platform like writing.com where people have to leave a review with their rating. You can always post on multiple platforms!

One-star ratings on this site actually make me happy because I know my work is controversial and I also know my worth :s_wink:

I know you and I know you are special case. We mere mortals cant compare to your greatness. :ROFLMAO:

But posting on multiple sites seems like a good idea and I will when I have accumulated a good supply of chapters. :blobtaco:

amethystore

It's true that getting a 1-star rating is disheartening.
But do you know how it feels when your story suddenly struck by lots of 1-star in a single week?

I am the same person as the one who posts the AM I ACTUALLY A BAD WRITER? thread on the Story Feedback. And I did that because at that time I was surprised because I suddenly got that many 1-star. Until the story rating turned into 3.6.

And that scared me silly, thus that question arose in my mind.

Am I actually a bad writer?
Yes, I am. (It's late realization, but I'm not a good writer. And most of all, it's because I procrastinated and never continue what I left.)
But am I not trying to improve myself as a writer(scribbler, author, whatev)?
No, I'm trying ..., I am struggling to make my story a bit better.
Are the people who left after giving 1-star is damned fucktard?
Yeah, they are.

Probably ..., because I did it myself. If I didn't like the story, I also left after giving 1-star on their story. It's quite easy to do so, and what ..., say it that it's my revenge or something, but if it's shitty I 1-star it. If it's a good one but there's some part I didn't like it, 1-star.

The point of what I'm saying is, humans are irrational. And so do the readers(and authors), even if they like the story ..., but if there's something they found not good. They'll probably leave after gifting 1-star, just like I did.

But yours is actually not that bad. I mean, there's only about 3 and 5 1-star on your stories, and the 5-star is also quite a lot. Probably it was bombarded after this thread was made, Idk.

I'll stop my rant, I think it's not good to rant on other people's thread. Ah, and the first to reply to my thread is also you, @Assurbanipal_II, I appreciate that. I really do. In the language of only one third-person pronoun, adjusting between he and she is quite difficult.

Assurbanipal_II

It's true that getting a 1-star rating is disheartening.
But do you know how it feels when your story suddenly struck by lots of 1-star in a single week?

I am the same person as the one who posts the AM I ACTUALLY A BAD WRITER? thread on the Story Feedback. And I did that because at that time I was surprised because I suddenly got that many 1-star. Until the story rating turned into 3.6.

And that scared me silly, thus that question arose in my mind.

Am I actually a bad writer?
Yes, I am. (It's late realization, but I'm not a good writer. And most of all, it's because I procrastinated and never continue what I left.)
But am I not trying to improve myself as a writer(scribbler, author, whatev)?
No, I'm trying ..., I am struggling to make my story a bit better.
Are the people who left after giving 1-star is damned fucktard?
Yeah, they are.

Probably ..., because I did it myself. If I didn't like the story, I also left after giving 1-star on their story. It's quite easy to do so, and what ..., say it that it's my revenge or something, but if it's shitty I 1-star it. If it's a good one but there's some part I didn't like it, 1-star.

The point of what I'm saying is, humans are irrational. And so do the readers(and authors), even if they like the story ..., but if there's something they found not good. They'll probably leave after gifting 1-star, just like I did.

But yours is actually not that bad. I mean, there's only about 3 and 5 1-star on your stories, and the 5-star is also quite a lot. Probably it was bombarded after this thread was made, Idk.

I'll stop my rant, I think it's not good to rant on other people's thread. Ah, and the first to reply to my thread is also you, @Assurbanipal_II, I appreciate that. I really do. In the language of only one third-person pronoun, adjusting between he and she is quite difficult.

Thanks for your words and sharing your story. :blob_hug: To be honest, I was talking here about Schwarz is my destiny and the ratings behind that have a little backstory as well. My rant is not coming completely out of nowhere.

Firstly, I successfully removed three 1 star rating s for trolling by complaining to Tony. I got them when I was one day on the main trending page. So in other words, 50% of the 1 stars I got were by dedicated trolls that attacked multiple stories on this site systematically.

Secondly, my first new 1 star I got again when being on the trending page. This time it could be genuine though, who knows.

Thirdly, the third one I got when I opened this thread and engaged a few people here. I doubt it is coincidence as both of my stories got a new 1 star.

But they say it is no issue and should grow a thick skin.

AkalE

Just replying to OP...
How dare you call an amoeba imbecile!!!
It just hasn't received the system to become the great slime lord.

Okay, now continue with the discussion.:blobthumbsup:

Assurbanipal_II

Just replying to OP...
How dare you call an amoeba imbecile!!!
It just hasn't received the system to become the great slime lord.

Okay, now continue with the discussion.:blobthumbsup:

:blob_hmm_two: *certain loli thinking* So you are the mere slime that intends to dethrone me with the use of some amateur loser system?

Great wannabe slime lord, you shall know the impudence of your transgression.

*cooking slime in a bowl until well-done*