Losing inspiration/motivation/mood to write.

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
After I have been inactive on writing stories since I binge watched some anime and went to the myanimelist forum because I just read their opinion for curiosity's sake. My braincells has been draining out for days after I published a very latest chapter. Damn, I lost my mind on this right now. I really need some air breather although my home is full of suffocation.

TachimeSan

Take a breather. That's the most effective way. Just let your brain rest for a while, maybe watch or read some animes while you're at it. At least, that's what I'm doing.

I'm also currently taking a rest due to burn out, and it came at such a bad timing at that, at the same time as my story was starting to gain reads. But there's really nothing we can do about it.

Just take a break and hope for the best

LazyPanda

For me, I'd take breaks and do other stuff like gaming, anime or reading other novels. While in between those breaks I'd also have some ideas to try and pile up on. Especially when before going to sleep. Always got the, "what if" in my head.

PandaSempai

In my case, I put some kind of schedule for myself so that I can take it as a kind of challenge. If I manage to hit it, I'll reward myself. If I don't, I'll try my best to glean some info as to why I failed and try not repeat it again. I also have a scheduled release so I can relax and take a breather.

As for burnout, I think the only thing you can do right now is to relax your nerves and do some outdoor activities like exercise and such. Try out some things that you are interested in. Then, after a few days or so, try to read your novel once again. This way, you can look at your own work in a new perspective.

Reading your own work sometimes is a good way to get some new ideas, you know?

All in all, the idea is, Just relax your mind and body. Meditate if at all possible. A healthy body and a healthy mind is a recipe for success!

Bugi

After I have been inactive on writing stories since I binge watched some anime and went to the myanimelist forum because I just read their opinion for curiosity's sake. My braincells has been draining out for days after I published a very latest chapter. Damn, I lost my mind on this right now. I really need some air breather although my home is full of suffocation.
Me too...

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Read your favourite mangas. Play your favourite games. Watch your favourite movies. Engage in stuff that drew you into writing in the first place. Experience the stories you were inspired by and by using your new-found second-hand inspiration, head down the writing room and get fucking typing. Keep typing until you can keep up the mood before your enthusiasm burns out.

As for me, I usually replay the original Fallout games while blasting my favourite albums at the stereo. Sometimes I crack open a dusty hardcover and sit myself down to read that shit. As soon as the ball rolls I immediately crack my knuckles and get down to business.

It's alright to take breaks some times but if you could, do it.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
My strategy is to let the story fill every single waking moment, consuming you whole until it is all you can think of. Distance yourself from your friends and family as you desperately force yourself to write, spending hour upon hour just trying to get one additional chapter out. Lose your job as you pour too much time into your book. Lose your apartment as you can no longer support yourself. Don't worry though, it doesn't matter. You still have your book, and guess what? You finally finished that chapter. Time to do some editing...

mostlyharmfulll

TeaMate since day 1
Others have pretty muchs said it:For most people, taking a breather can be do wonders.
The big problem of writing is that in most cases, it doesn't show any instant-results, giving off the feeling of wasting time even when you are being productive. Don't worry, pretty much every writer has the same problem you have.

queenofthefuzzybugs

If I don't create I feel restless. If I'm stuck on a story, I take a step back and ask why. When did writing the story become a burden instead of fun? If I can pinpoint when that started, I can make a change within the story and it can be fun again. However, while I'm busy trying to figure out where the train wreck happened in one story, I'll work on another story just keep my creative cells busy. Creative idleness leaves me really unsatisfied, so I try never to remain idle for too long. I keep writing something, anything no matter how silly, at all times.

That said, I have suffered from severe writer's block where I can't write at all. This is always tied to a stress in my life. Either an inner demon finally got me and I need a "Come to Jesus" moment or life threw me too many curve balls all at once and I struck out. Whichever it is, I don't add additional stress by forcing myself to write. I do something mentally relaxing and emotionally cathartic. Without exception, once I've dealt with my stress, I can bounce back to writing with ease. And when I bounce back, it's like I've got a creative backlog. I'll write 40 pages in under a week with almost no rest. :sweating_profusely:

Draculus-del-Viafat

As for me, the only effective way to bring back the inspiration is just to take a break for a day or two, or more if you need it. Just don't think of writing, don't even try to write of anything. Just like Assurbanipal_II has said earlier above, inspiration comes and goes, so you need to give it time to come. Believe me, it will. Personally I inspire myself by listening to music and imagining things that could happen in my book or gaming posts with that music as a soundtrack. You know, something like a movie thing, or epic trailer, or anything. I also love making bookcovers for my books, even those that are not written, just to satisfy myself. Watching movies is also a great solution, not only to let your brain rest, but also to get some ideas from a plot or a scenery. The most important thing is rest, actually. Writing's hard, no author should force themselves into it, for the final result's sake.