Magical Torture Methods

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Can be as gory or comedic as you want(put in spoiler if you think it's nsfw) use any magic system as a basis for this. I'll give my thoughts and a rating for each one based on how creative it is(i.e not just "I snap my fingers and cause soul pain" xianxia type bullshit but actually using a magic system to work around the human anatomy to cause as much pain as possible)

Oh and disclaimer: I don't condone torture irl at all, this is just a form of artistic expression and creative exercise.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
You don't really need magic to torture people. But i guess it would be pretty funny to necrosis someone's hand and bring it back from the dead as a zombie hand, then watch as they beat themselves up.

Thought of something like using precise magic to cut that one nerve responsible for giving the brain a message to sleep. Essentially the victim will want to sleep really bad to the point of their spinal cord feeling like being on fire, but they can't.(they can survive almost a year, too! At least according to the one guy irl who actually had that happen to him, was a horrible experience, he died in the end since he didn't get treatment unfortunately.)

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Eh, I need it to make totally not knock-off redo of healer

Thought of something like using precise magic to cut that one nerve responsible for giving the brain a message to sleep. Essentially the victim will want to sleep really bad to the point of their spinal cord feeling like being on fire, but they can't.(they can survive almost a year, too! At least according to the one guy irl who actually had that happen to him, was a horrible experience, he died in the end unfortunately.)
That isnt a knock off of redo of a healer. Wtf are you talking about?

BigHoodieBoy

First, cut at the upper spinal cord, or neck region, paralyzing them from the neck down. Then use electrical magic to let lots of electricity flow through them, and with them being paralyzed, most will be concentrated in one area, the head. Also, use healing magic the whole time.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I based my magic system on the oxygen in the air. People breathe it in, it powers their mana core. Fairly simple.

Now a mana core isn't necessary to survive. I figured I'd rip the thing from its place and overpower it with harmful magic

Then plug it back in, overloading the person.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I kinda just stick to the kumo no desu ka method of Wrath's torture.

The tamer controlled Wrath and have him killed his beloved sister. Then he forces him to eat her corpse.

Because the tamer wants to break him psychologically, like how Kaneki's torture is about. The pains of getting fingers and toes chopped off and then forced to eat them.

One author here (I forgot the work) had his MC tortured because he got captured by a bunch of inhuman researchers, twice. I will include the first time when he himself is unharmed by his senior got one of her eyes gouged out (and nothing bad happened to her captors, wtf). In the second time, he got strapped to a chair, his large intestines got pulled out while he is still awake and have a needle slowly puncturing into it to draw out blood. His legs and arms were broken to keep himself awake and he ended up missing a few toes, got his face scarred and he got PTSD when rescued (and nothing bad happened to his captors, wtf).

It is almost the same with most works that I read except for Second Life Ranker and the Betrayed Hero (kind of why I like them) where those who torture often escape the fates of torture themselves, some even bragging to their victims about it.

Last edited:

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Distort the mind. Moving your left arm moves your right leg, and vice versa.

Alternately, warp the body out from under them. Maybe change a brain thingy here, a muscle tension there... If your magical society supports freedom of form, the methods to do "freedom of form" right are probably documented, along with all sorts of DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS OR YOUR PATIENT WILL LIKELY SUFFER SEVERE PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS warnings. Very convenient for a jackass antagonist in training...

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
white room torture or give them illusion magic of their worst memory (like dementor from harry potter)

it's magic we talking about, there's no need to get physical and bloody. just directly torture their mind.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
You don't really need magic to torture people. But i guess it would be pretty funny to necrosis someone's hand and bring it back from the dead as a zombie hand, then watch as they beat themselves up.
Oh wait I forgot I said I'll be rating this shit
2/5, pretty mild for supposedly torture, though I'd say it can be pretty good for making them harvest their own organs
2 words. Healing magic.
I was hoping for something more specific, but yes, healing magic. 5/5 when it comes to utility.
Magically growing flowers and mushrooms on people sounds fu- fucked up, yes.
3/5 -1 point for reading my mind for a future plotline.
Permanent over-sensitivity.
It's basically stripping someone of their own flesh, but without death from blood loss! 4/5.
First, cut at the upper spinal cord, or neck region, paralyzing them from the neck down. Then use electrical magic to let lots of electricity flow through them, and with them being paralyzed, most will be concentrated in one area, the head. Also, use healing magic the whole time.
Would they even be able to feel it at that point?
I based my magic system on the oxygen in the air. People breathe it in, it powers their mana core. Fairly simple.

Now a mana core isn't necessary to survive. I figured I'd rip the thing from its place and overpower it with harmful magic

Then plug it back in, overloading the person.
1/5, mostly due to me not knowing how painful that will actually be.
I kinda just stick to the kumo no desu ka method of Wrath's torture.

The tamer controlled Wrath and have him killed his beloved sister. Then he forces him to eat her corpse.
Mental torture is the best form of torture. 5/5
white room torture or give them illusion magic of their worst memory (like dementor from harry potter)

it's magic we talking about, there's no need to get physical and bloody. just directly torture their mind.
100% agreed, 5/5

Alternately, warp the body out from under them. Maybe change a brain thingy here, a muscle tension there... If your magical society supports freedom of form, the methods to do "freedom of form" right are probably documented, along with all sorts of DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS OR YOUR PATIENT WILL LIKELY SUFFER SEVERE PSYCHOLOGICAL DISTRESS warnings. Very convenient for a jackass antagonist in training...
It's time to make some Chimeras... A lot of potential, and a lot of usefulness too. 6/5 though I'm biased since that's a plotline in a story of mine

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Omg.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I stole it from a book.
There's an anime called bludgeoning angel dokuro-chan, where the MC gets tortured, murdered, and revived regularly. In this universe their exists a type of sausage that makes you extremely sensitive, known as sensitive salaryman sausage, which of course the MC is forced to eat on many occasions.