Messing around with AI Character portraits

CubicleHermit

For my work in progress novel...

Tried to get these to be in a consistent style... sort of worked, but some are more "3D" than I'd like still.

Violet (borrowing the composition from the wonderful cover @Hans.Trondheim made for this!)

Elise

Gwen

Tess

Cory

Diane

Joel

Mark (narrator)

Carl, Count Dormer

Neil (antagonist of sorts, student council vice president)

The Dark God that attacked Obdrest (posted an earlier version of this previously)

Technical details, should anyone be interested - Stable Diffusion, running a custom merge that's mostly RealCartoon3D with a western 2D cartoon and an anime 2D model each mixed in at a low weight.

Last edited:

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Horrific. (The last one is cute tho.)

CubicleHermit

Interestingly, SH emails me with replies, and someone replied and then deleted it saying they didn't care for the western-cartoon style.

*shrug* right? But given the general trend of anime/manga-inspired art, and how easy it is to tell SD to "redraw this in a new style" using a different checkpoint, I decided to generate some "an anime-style illustration of [original prompt]"

So, here are some really quick regenerations as anime-style art:
Elise, looking like Elise

Cory, not looking nearly intense enough

Diane (this one already looked the most 2D, it didn't change much)

Gwen

Violet: 2D, but looks more "classics illustrated" than anime-style

Tess (who wouldn't be caught dead with hair that messy, but I was doing these really quickly!)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Waiting for Carl

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
I love both 3D people (Women) and anime girls, so I do 2.5D instead...!

CubicleHermit

I'm trying to get to 2.5D; I'm definitely not quite getting there. At some point I'll do another rev of the checkpoint mix I created ("GentoonMix" on CivitAI; IDK if that's a safe site to link to here)

As someone with absolutely near-zero talent for drawing, it's still been really amazing to be able to get SOME kind of visualization for my characters (and sometimes scenes) starting with the free Bing generator last summer (example below) and moving on to SD on my own machines since:
Cat_a9a45fe4-53fd-4522-9cc7-b775584d2cbf.jpg