Moderation and Slurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalSunset0

How can we achieve understanding if not through talking and reaching out to those who are not agreeing with you? Why divide the divided when you can at least try to communicate and change your views at least a little bit. And perhaps work for a unification. Though I understand there will be people who think that unification is bad and dividing is great, but that's not a topic I want to talk about at the moment.
I find it unfortunate as well, but the sad reality is that it's those topics that have a tendency to bring out the worst in everyone. In this thread alone, you can see what I'm getting at. As much as I would want to see people discuss and come to a sort of understanding, that won't be possible as long as there are some people preferring to shame or badmouth stuff they don't like or agree with in such disrespectful ways.

You can't really change others views or "work for a unification" if the way you go about things is more focused on just getting the anger or frustration out of your system instead of proper dialogue, if you get what I mean.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I don't even have an opinion about you. I don't have an opinion about all the people on this forum. I don't know anyone here, but I do understand that not every one of you from my country, and that's enough for me.
Maybe you would be a great moderator, but you as well don't know me, right? What if I unintentionally violate some rules? Or if you start to know me better you decide to ban me? What if there are other moderators, that would be 'bad'?
That makes the assumption im an unreasonable asshole. You dont know me that well. You've no right to make that assumption. Hmph.

But anyway I am a tolerant God.

I wont be likely to ban people unless they repeatedly do or say things against the rules of the forums. I don't give single fuck how many reports i get about a person, so long as the things the person has done doesn't warrant a ban or a time out. Cuz see you cant always trust reports. I ain't gonna punish a dude just because he got reported by someone who didn't like what he said, see?
Bold of you to assume he'll last long enough for that to happen before he commits an honorable sudoku.

Wow, didn't know you were a breeding station. Good thing you are crying, apologizing, and licking the ground your betters tread, right?
Imagine getting destroyed in an argument so hard you have to use fake quotes in an attempt to insult the opposition.
my ninja i just determined that you're being an unreasonable cunt here so got bored talking to you normally and my inner troll took over to make things more interesting

That aside. You dare call this Elder a fruitcake? hmph. What gall!

I've been pretty nice here buddy. I mean i may have said some cuss words, but on the whole i never just outright denied what you said. i left room for you maybe being right. i Just don't believe you are, in fact, right about your feelings regarding OP and his intentions. if you don't like that, tough. Lets agree to disagree on that point. I made fun of you mainly for that fruitcake comment, so from now on our beef is from that.

And if you say something, you have to understand that there may be a response. So take some goddamn responsibility for your comment, k dude? No one forced me to reply to you, but you started a chain of events that led here with the comment that YOU made. I admit my hand in this. But that means you gotta too. I mean you don't have to. it just means you're a coward but whatever.

Anyway call me a fruitcake again and my next misquote gets even steamier .

SailusGebel

I find it unfortunate as well, but the sad reality is that it's those topics that have a tendency to bring out the worst in everyone. In this thread alone, you can see what I'm getting at. As much as I would want to see people discuss and come to a sort of understanding, that won't be possible as long as there are some people preferring to shame or badmouth stuff they don't like or agree with in such disrespectful ways.

You can't really change others views or "work for a unification" if the way you go about things is more focused on just getting the anger or frustration out of your system instead of proper dialogue, if you get what I mean.
Yeah, I may be guilty of this myself.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I know it's a fake quote but "personal breeding-station" is too good to pass up.
I know lol. this thread is getting out of hand. And is basically due solely to two assholes (me and clowny) being assholes to each other. I should stop here. I know. Its not good for my run for Moderacy. But you know me...I'm a dog with a bone sometimes

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Yeah, I may be guilty of this myself.
Oh I'm definitely guilty of it. People like @Moonpearl and apparently @flucket have their side, and they aren't willing to budge and thus prefer to belittle and inevitably, "ignore" me. So I see no reason why I shouldn't do the same. Minus the "ignore" part. They feel like they have the moral high ground and I suppose I feel the same. I'm just more belligerent about it and they like to "pretend nice" by saying passive-aggressive statements rather than just saying what is obvious they think. In essence, they would probably make good politicians. I wouldn't. But, 'tis human nature. The idea of human unification IS ONLY EVER POSSIBLE when their is a dangerous enough outsider force that threatens us all. Which has happened historically, though in smaller samples. Otherwise, humans are the greatest weapons against other humans.

Angry_Clown

I've been pretty nice here buddy.
Oh no, the disgusting degenerate fruitcake's fragile sexuality got crushed along his worthless ego. How unfortunate.

i just determined that you're being an unreasonable cunt here so got bored
No, you just got proven wrong, lost, and can't admit your defeat. But do keep being mad and in tears, fruitcake.

SailusGebel

Oh I'm definitely guilty of it. People like @Moonpearl and apparently @flucket have their side, and they aren't willing to budge and thus prefer to belittle and inevitably, "ignore" me. So I see no reason why I shouldn't do the same. Minus the "ignore" part. They feel like they have the moral high ground and I suppose I feel the same. I'm just more belligerent about it and they like to "pretend nice" by saying passive-aggressive statements rather than just saying what is obvious they think. In essence, they would probably make good politicians. I wouldn't. But, 'tis human nature. The idea of human unification IS ONLY EVER POSSIBLE when their is a dangerous enough outsider force that threatens us all. Which has happened historically, though in smaller samples. Otherwise, humans are the greatest weapons against other humans.
I think pandemic as well as a danger of blasting off the whole Earth with a nuclear weapon, leaving no land to live on, kinda counts. But even so, we don't unite. I guess it's not possible at all. And if ever an alien race would invade us, just like in movies, there will be countries that would try to reap off the benefit.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Oh no, the disgusting degenerate fruitcake's fragile sexuality got crushed along his worthless ego. You lost horribly and now try to pick up the shattered pieces of yourself off the ground. How unfortunate.
@thedude3445 this guy's response is a perfect example of the toxicity you so abhor.

@Discount_Blade you see? You were right indeed. This was my plan all along. To expose a toxic cunt by providing the perfect bait...another toxic cunt to argue with. Be amazed at my skills
In this thread alone, you can see what I'm getting at.
You basically mean me and Clowny. We're the only ones being toxic to each other here as far as I can tell. Anyway imma just ignore the guy now. I wouldn't mind continuing but if I do it'd make me look like a hypocrite and a douche and while I CAN be both at times I do have a sense of moderation.

see what I did there? Moderation?

CUPCAKENINJA FOR SHF MOD 2020
Spread the word

minacia

perpetually sour
I know we all have our different sides, but is it that hard to be nice while disagreeing?

:blob_nom: I mean, I think I'm just as left-leaning as they are, but blobs are cute! We can be cool and chill and stuff outside of a debate thread! :blob_upset: Disagreeing about something doesn't mean that you can't go have drinks and ice cream!

Angry_Clown

this guy's
You're the only toxic fruitcake around, sadly. Not only you're a hypocrite, but also the one who can't admit he's in the wrong.
Also, you do owe me an apology you promised in case you're proven wrong. Better get to that, stat.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I know we all have our different sides, but is it that hard to be nice while disagreeing?

:blob_nom: I mean, I think I'm just as left-leaning as they are, but blobs are cute! We can be cool and chill and stuff outside of a debate thread! :blob_upset: Disagreeing about something doesn't mean that you can't go have drinks and ice cream!
Yes, it is very hard. As you have witnessed. It probably shouldn't be, but it is. The idea of "agree to disagree" does not work because both sides want victory, not compromise.

SailusGebel

Don't forget that there are people who genuinely don't understand what is offensive and not being nice. I'm not talking about myself, but there are people like that.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

its not that its hard. Its that people don't wanna. I get it though. Im like that too sometimes, especially if I find people are being unreasonable. I get pissy, cuz why cant they just TALK LIKE CIVILIZED HUMAN BEINGS CAPABLE OF SEEING PAST THEIR OWN BIASED VIEWS? why must they condemn one another so fast?! Be a bit more understanding you FUCKING ASSHOLES! REEEEEEEEE:blob_thor:

Lol. :blob_joy:So then I start to talk a bit of trash after a while. As evidence of my discussion with Clowny. But yeah. i cant blame people for not being nice since I'm not always so myself. That aside, we need more blobs in :blob_hmph:

Tony

Staff member
I'll take care of the mod issue soonish, hopefully in a day or two. I'm sorry that I haven't been paying attention to SHF :sweating_profusely:. Being busy isn't an excuse to ignore the forums so I'll try to get more mods to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.