Mutated zombie ideas

Agentt

Thighs
There are many ways you can accomplish this, though then it might be hard to actually come up with a way to defeat them. Since zombies themselves break every law known to science, why not more?
1. Control insects like flies and crows and anything which feeds on them.
2. Absorbing life force through touch
3. Giving life force through touch
4. Stopping time. Makes sense. Just say that the reason zombies are like that is because they are suspended in time.

LotsChrono

For species:
-animals
-bugs
-birds

For human zombies:
-one that's fast as fuck
-one that seems human in every single way, able to act as one as well, until it catches the group its wormed into off guard and starts eating
-one that's all bones, but the bones are freaking strong
-one whose voice calls other zombies to its location
-one that can absorb materials into its flesh, taking their shape and sturdiness (like touching an axe and making it a part of itself or, more horrendous, touching a human and slowly absorbing them into itself as the persons creams, cries, and begs)

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
One Zombie Particular is the 'Speed Boyz' or 'Parkour Boyz' its traits are similar to a speedy zombie that runs but in particular, they aren't fast because they run fast. They are fast because when they spot a target, they would start parkouring to the target by running towards it by avoidimg any obstacle with precision and accuracy of a professional parkour artist. Its main stats are basically just an average zombie but its mind is a bit more level-headed and smart enough to speed up by using the terrain to its advantage.

Next in my mind would be 'Dozer'. A stronger version of a zombie but its arms are reinforced with thick armor plates to cover only on a front side. Its main trait is that he would merge two of his hands and form into an armored hull exterior at the front like an arrow and starts charging through its target with its fast leg. However, while it charges, it cannot see the front and the main weakness would show(such as like a engine like shape to empower its charging speed or something like that).

Sticky, a entanglement zombie. A spiderman-like zombie that can walk through objects by sticking to them with its small sharp talons and a very nasty web-based projectile that attaches itself to its target and a lethal poison would paralyze its target before dragging it back to the zombie.

Stomper, a zombie that causes earthquakes. Like to stay above ground? Well, your in it for a bad time with this guy. This zombie creates earthquakes to shake any foundation with its armored legs and send vibrations all over him that destroyes any land thats either above or below ground. It runs slow but just making shockwaves already proves how deadly this guy is.

Razor, the gore maker. Four sharped limbs of this boy might just be threatening, but you can be given a horrible time once its momentum starts kicking. His body is designed that he would start spining in a line that split an unsuspecting target once his speed goes overdrive.

I think thats the only unit zombie I can give in my Zombie encyclopedia as I do not want to share any ideas with others.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
One Zombie Particular is the 'Speed Boyz' or 'Parkour Boyz' its traits are similar to a speedy zombie that runs but in particular, they aren't fast because they run fast. They are fast because when they spot a target, they would start parkouring to the target by running towards it by avoidimg any obstacle with precision and accuracy of a professional parkour artist. Its main stats are basically just an average zombie but its mind is a bit more level-headed and smart enough to speed up by using the terrain to its advantage.

Next in my mind would be 'Dozer'. A stronger version of a zombie but its arms are reinforced with thick armor plates to cover only on a front side. Its main trait is that he would merge two of his hands and form into an armored hull exterior at the front like an arrow and starts charging through its target with its fast leg. However, while it charges, it cannot see the front and the main weakness would show(such as like a engine like shape to empower its charging speed or something like that).

Sticky, a entanglement zombie. A spiderman-like zombie that can walk through objects by sticking to them with its small sharp talons and a very nasty web-based projectile that attaches itself to its target and a lethal poison would paralyze its target before dragging it back to the zombie.

Stomper, a zombie that causes earthquakes. Like to stay above ground? Well, your in it for a bad time with this guy. This zombie creates earthquakes to shake any foundation with its armored legs and send vibrations all over him that destroyes any land thats either above or below ground. It runs slow but just making shockwaves already proves how deadly this guy is.

Razor, the gore maker. Four sharped limbs of this boy might just be threatening, but you can be given a horrible time once its momentum starts kicking. His body is designed that he would start spining in a line that split an unsuspecting target once his speed goes overdrive.

I think thats the only unit zombie I can give in my Zombie encyclopedia as I do not want to share any ideas with others.
I thank thee scholar for opening thy encyclopedia of zombies (or in my case, infected), I'll shamelessly use a few of these listed here with a couple tweaks to them.

ArcadiaBlade

I thank thee scholar for opening thy encyclopedia of zombies (or in my case, infected), I'll shamelessly use a few of these listed here with a couple tweaks to them.
Bastard! Give me money before you start stealing my ideas. Do you have any idea how many times i've been ripped off my JP, KN and CN authors?!

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
Bastard! Give me money before you start stealing my ideas. Do you have any idea how many times i've been ripped off my JP, KN and CN authors?!
Since I'm using one, I'll share one of mine.

Exploder. They're infected covered with boils and a distended abdomen and as the name suggests, it's an infected that explodes when close to their prey. And upon explosion, gastric juices which are strong enough to melt metal splatter the immediate area.

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
Just keep your zombies for power testing your MC's weapons. If you don't want your MC to be in a particular location, just say "zombies are coming" and we go to the next problem.

Do you really need a new type of zombie for that? If anything, just change the origin story of zombies. Like, we've had the undead zombies, and we've had the fungus zombies, slime zombies - but what about shape changing zombies of iron and water? Functionally, they are still slow, but they come from the depths of the sea. They corrupt iron that comes in contact with them, so the story has to compensate for that.

But you get my idea.

ArcadiaBlade

Since I'm using one, I'll share one of mine.

Exploder. They're infected covered with boils and a distended abdomen and as the name suggests, it's an infected that explodes when close to their prey. And upon explosion, gastric juices which are strong enough to melt metal splatter the immediate area.
Hmn.... Where did you get that idea from....

*Looks at Boomer from L4D and some other Zombie games*

*Looks at my Zombie Encyclopedia to which I got 5 Variations of that Mutated Zombie*

*Squints Eyes*

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
lacker zombie, dead immune gets infected but since immune body shuts down and turns into a locker that upgrades other zombies brains once ingested.(they get a human brain so basically zombie leader)

Napelynn

I'm not exactly an imaginative one when it comes to this. I have a few in mind but I want to add more for variation.
Legion Zombie:

Big floating ball of body parts with a few heads, hands, and legs poking out. Each head has average intelligence but by having all the heads work together it can be extremely smart.

To kill it you have to destroy every head at once, if even one head is left it will just regenerate. It can detach body parts and shoot them at you. It can still control the body parts after they have been detached, if it's a head, you still have to destroy it to kill the legion zombie. It can also make entire zombie bodies and detach them instead of just a hand or leg. These zombies are still linked to the main body.

It can assimilate other zombies into itself, it can re-assimilate detached zombies and body parts.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I'm not exactly an imaginative one when it comes to this. I have a few in mind but I want to add more for variation.
If you want zombies that don't blatantly break the rules of physics and and good fantasy, here are some of them. This is assuming that the base body is human. Ai-chan doesn't want to start with animals because Ai-chan isn't a veterinarian.

1. Armoured zombies
- Covered in chitinous armour on their torso, arms and maybe even their heads. This is quite common. You can see some examples from the Arthrox of Phoenix Point. This actually possible because chitin is made up of collagen, just like our skin and nails. With some genetic changes, our skin could create freak collagens that continuously creates layers after layers of tough skin similar to shells.

2. Ranged zombies
- You can go two ways from here. A zombie that spits venom or acid from their stomach or a zombie that shoot bone spikes through contraction and compression of their muscles.

3. Burning zombies
- Generally speaking, if the zombies are burned, they will be rendered useless, right? But what if they have fire-resistant skin with flamable slime layer on their skin? That means if they catch fire, they will continue to spread fire to everything they touch, including people and buildings. A burning zombie would be a horrible target for a baseball bat. Truly a weapon of terror.

4. Flying zombies
- Just like flying squirrels, they have developed membranes from their arms to the torso. This allows them to glide in the air, thus reaching your well-barricaded outpost from the roof.

5. Beacon zombie
- On its own it is no more dangerous compared to other normal zombies. However, when agitated, they make a very loud siren sound that attracts all the zombies that can hear the siren to its location. To avoid this happening, you need to decapitate its head before it can detect you.

6. Nest Zombie
- This is basically a zombie whose torso is made a nest for hornets. What kind of hornets? Ai-chan doesn't know. But hornets are carnivores. So they could decide that the zombie's rotting meat made perfect meals and nest. So when you cut down such zombies, the hornets swarm out and attack you.

BackWoodsJ_ACK

Birbs, dog, and burbers
If you want zombies that don't blatantly break the rules of physics and and good fantasy, here are some of them. This is assuming that the base body is human. Ai-chan doesn't want to start with animals because Ai-chan isn't a veterinarian.

1. Armoured zombies
- Covered in chitinous armour on their torso, arms and maybe even their heads. This is quite common. You can see some examples from the Arthrox of Phoenix Point. This actually possible because chitin is made up of collagen, just like our skin and nails. With some genetic changes, our skin could create freak collagens that continuously creates layers after layers of tough skin similar to shells.

2. Ranged zombies
- You can go two ways from here. A zombie that spits venom or acid from their stomach or a zombie that shoot bone spikes through contraction and compression of their muscles.

3. Burning zombies
- Generally speaking, if the zombies are burned, they will be rendered useless, right? But what if they have fire-resistant skin with flamable slime layer on their skin? That means if they catch fire, they will continue to spread fire to everything they touch, including people and buildings. A burning zombie would be a horrible target for a baseball bat. Truly a weapon of terror.

4. Flying zombies
- Just like flying squirrels, they have developed membranes from their arms to the torso. This allows them to glide in the air, thus reaching your well-barricaded outpost from the roof.

5. Beacon zombie
- On its own it is no more dangerous compared to other normal zombies. However, when agitated, they make a very loud siren sound that attracts all the zombies that can hear the siren to its location. To avoid this happening, you need to decapitate its head before it can detect you.

6. Nest Zombie
- This is basically a zombie whose torso is made a nest for hornets. What kind of hornets? Ai-chan doesn't know. But hornets are carnivores. So they could decide that the zombie's rotting meat made perfect meals and nest. So when you cut down such zombies, the hornets swarm out and attack you.
Just imagining the last one is triggering my trypophobia.

witch_sorrowful

Mmm, Monke.
1. Armoured zombies
This one is so well-done in Sanderson's Stormlight Archive. Although he adds a spin of humanity in them. Essentially, they are just sword fodder for our main heroes to cut-through. Sometimes, we don't need zombies to essentially be zombies to just act like zombies. After all, aren't most zombies just cannon-fodder?

6. Nest Zombie
:s_eek::s_eek::s_eek:
This is by-far the scariest shit a zombie can ever be. :blob_no:
10 points to Ai-chan.

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
I suggest putting a zombie that isn't "Holy sh*t! That zombie has a laser in its ass!" type of thing. Although fiction, I suggest following @Ai-chan's suggestion and maybe just a few edits here and there.